collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: which G4s are the most sought after?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: which G4s are the most sought after?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:08 AM »
I think most of the 2011 Crystal wedding non-mane 6 are most sought after.  And of those ponies, Lily Blossom, Plumsweet and Blossomforth were the biggies, not least because customisers used these ponies the most. Blossomforth and Plumsweet because they were white and easy to customise (Rarity was an ideal white base for unicorn customs and was in plentiful supply) Lily Blossom was often used by customisers for Muffins customs.

Star Swirl, Sweetie Swirl and Starbeam Twinkle were also exclusives and were HTF.

I know for some in the UK, the ponies in the TRU Collectors sets (Lemony Gem, Lyrica Lilac etc) are not the easiest ponies to find, also Walgreens Nurse Redheart and the CMC School friends playset (with Silver Spoon and Twist-a-loo) and anything Kohls.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
Rainbow Flash stands out for me because I never did get her.  Diamond Dreams and those early waves are up there too.  Fashion Style Applejack and Daisy Dreams were never released in the US, and hard to find even where they were released.

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 11:03:01 AM »
Sweetie blue was definitely on my list.  But wasn't she more like a prototype?
I love my FS daisy dreams!  She's so pretty!
There is a rumor that Sweetie Blue and Minty were given out as a holiday gift for the workers at Hasbro. Not sure of it is true.
And Diamond Rose May be hard to find. She was up high, until a friend got her for my birthday :)
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »
Lily Blossom was popular but her value has gone down significantly since she was rereleased as one of the cheap bagged ponies.

Offline sugarapplecutie28

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 07:13:53 PM »
Ooo I have a Diamond rose in her box. I noticed there were 2 released, is that right?  One with her suitcase and the other with her swan?

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 04:57:32 AM »
Ooo I have a Diamond rose in her box. I noticed there were 2 released, is that right?  One with her suitcase and the other with her swan?

I think 1 was a Glimmer wings release and the other was a normal pegasus pony

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 06:24:25 AM »
I saw on strawberryreef.com that she was released a 2nd time with the traveling pony sets. Besides the glimmer wing. 

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 08:02:52 AM »
Very interesting about Sweetie Blue and Minty being holiday hasbro employee exclusives! So far though I have only seen one person with Sweetie Blue and that is Sara!

Also what about the Daisy Dreams with the bangs/forelock? Wasn't she a UK exclusive? I have her and I must say she is just adorable! Sadly I do not know many people with her!

Is Star Swirl really that rare? I got her from a UK friend eons ago- I love her colors!! I got Ploomette (tinsel) from a Polish seller and the original Skywishes with help from the UK! I have the original Star Dreams fillyvfrom the UK too, but I think I got her from a Chinese seller. I recently saw Rainbow Flash for sale on eBay about $24! Also saw a Lily Blossom loose for $18 on eBay. Sweetie Swirl I would say is a lot easier to get because the carousel playset has recently over the summer been spotted at Ross in my area (another TX member found it too!) I think I paid only $18 for my Sweetie Swirl the year she came out.

How about Honey Buzz? I don't see a lot of people with her! Jeeze, I'm glad I swooped up all these characters when they came out in stores! I think that's what got me so hooked on G4 from 2010-2012 was the diverse characters! It also feels vintagy talking about those early G4 character releases! xD
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:08:01 AM by Princess Lala »

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 10:16:57 AM »
I feel the same way , princess lala. Glad I got them before they were hard to get! And also the different characters made me want to collect too.  Now its kind of meh. Need more new characters!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »
I feel the same way , princess lala. Glad I got them before they were hard to get! And also the different characters made me want to collect too.  Now its kind of meh. Need more new characters!

Ha, same! I'm glad to have most of the ponies listed in this thread, but now I'm aching for more new non-mane 6 ponies! :P It seems we usually get them in gift sets or as international exclusives and it can be a bit of a pain to track them down.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 04:11:32 PM »
I would have to say that as a general thing, Rainbow Flash, Starswirl, Minty and Skywishes, followed by Honeybuzz, and all those early unique girls.

I have all of the early releases, which is crazy, because I wasn't that into G4 for like the first year, and then I spotted the Rainbow Flash and Daisy Dreams sets cheap so grabbed them, and that started me off. The one's I'm missing are the US/UK exclusives; some from the TRU sets, Holly Dash, Buttonbelle, and all of the fillies except the CMC and twisty treats. We have weird distribution here, sometimes we get US stuff, sometimes we get UK stuff, it really is odd. We get multiple types of blindbags, Country-specific and international, multi-language ones... it's all over the place!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 03:29:15 PM »
Very interesting about Sweetie Blue and Minty being holiday hasbro employee exclusives! So far though I have only seen one person with Sweetie Blue and that is Sara!

Also what about the Daisy Dreams with the bangs/forelock? Wasn't she a UK exclusive? I have her and I must say she is just adorable! Sadly I do not know many people with her!

Is Star Swirl really that rare? I got her from a UK friend eons ago- I love her colors!! I got Ploomette (tinsel) from a Polish seller and the original Skywishes with help from the UK! I have the original Star Dreams fillyvfrom the UK too, but I think I got her from a Chinese seller. I recently saw Rainbow Flash for sale on eBay about $24! Also saw a Lily Blossom loose for $18 on eBay. Sweetie Swirl I would say is a lot easier to get because the carousel playset has recently over the summer been spotted at Ross in my area (another TX member found it too!) I think I paid only $18 for my Sweetie Swirl the year she came out.

How about Honey Buzz? I don't see a lot of people with her! Jeeze, I'm glad I swooped up all these characters when they came out in stores! I think that's what got me so hooked on G4 from 2010-2012 was the diverse characters! It also feels vintagy talking about those early G4 character releases! xD

Sweetie and Minty were test ponies/factory rejects - not anything handed out to employees. We have only ever see one Sweetie Blue...and how much she is Sweetie Blue and how much she is just a blue pony with Cupcakes symbol or Mrs Cake test I would not like to say either way. She is certainly one of the ultimate hardest to find...because ther is only 1 of her known.

Daisy Dreams with bangs was released in a 2 pack at the same time as Rainbow Flash. She is hard to find but her repeat releases in the US (even though she is without bangs) reigns in her sought afterness as most people are not too bothered wherther they get a pony with or without forelocks. She was not a UK exclusive - she got the same kind of release as Rainbow Flash, throughout Europe and Australia/NZ.

Star Swirl is very hard to find yes. Skywishes was never actually released in the UK - she got a limited release in parts of Europe and Aus/NZ...but she was never out in the UK.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal