collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you display your ponies with the fading pink hair?  (Read 1182 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
How do you display your ponies with the fading pink hair?
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:25:51 AM »
Is there a safe way to display ponies with the fading pink hair?  Or are they destined to live in a dark space so that this pinkness may be preserved?  I just recently acquired MO mommy and baby was excited about displaying them.  Now I am bummed by the idea that they may have to live in a shoe box or something, only to be brought out for viewing in the dimmest of light conditions. I wish I could just spray on leave-in conditioner with UV protection

:wail:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you display your ponies with the fading pink hair?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:36:04 AM »
I just make sure that they stay on the sections of shelves that receive the least light.  I keep my blinds closed in there and position them either behind other ponies or in perpetual shadow so they never receive direct sunlight.  Eventually I will buy blackout curtains but this is working fine for now. 

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
Most of my ponies live behind closed cupboard doors, so they're never in that kind of position. When I open the door there;s a whole incline of ponies looking at me, but they never get the sun.

The exceptions are my sister's Flurry, who is in my glass cabinet (but she's hidden behind a pony box to keep her safe, since she's my sister's pony, not mine!!) and the SS in that cabinet (but they don't get a lot of sunlight).

I think it depends on how much light your room gets. I also think that sometimes the pink fades on its own.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
Out of the sun. My white ponies go there too.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
yeah i would be so very careful, my minty pinks managed to fade in the room that the sun didn't shine in AND had thin blinds covering the windows  :yikes:
when i moved them to a different room they were at the bottom at the very back but i still felt paranoid about fading so next time they are out i would get blackout blinds or curtains.

these are the ponies i call vampire ponies, they should only come out in the dark  :P

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 05:09:35 PM »
I don't display fading pink ponies with actual pink hair. I try to find one that's already faded and display that one.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
I make sure there isn't any direct light - we already blackout the window with big curtains and I made sure there weren't any little light beams coming through with extra curtains.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »
yeah i would be so very careful, my minty pinks managed to fade in the room that the sun didn't shine in AND had thin blinds covering the windows  :yikes:
when i moved them to a different room they were at the bottom at the very back but i still felt paranoid about fading so next time they are out i would get blackout blinds or curtains.

these are the ponies i call vampire ponies, they should only come out in the dark  :P

Lol @ vampire ponies

Offline jrr74

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »
So has anyone moved their fading pink hair ponies out of their display after reading this thread?  TAF Yum-Yum's hair is already white (and cut for that matter), so she can stay out.  Mimic on the other hand will have to remain in the thrones of darkness along with Mommy and Baby pony.  My High Tide currently has no hair but I do plan on re-hairing her soon.  Since it will no longer be her original hair, I think I will be fine with keeping her out.  Lickety-split, Love Melody, Flowerbelle  and Twilight; haven't decided their fate yet.  To tell you the truth, I haven't laid eyes on them for a while so maybe their hair has already turned white.  Have plenty of time to figure it out. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
I keep mine on their shelves and sometimes they even get direct sunlight. I want to enjoy every minute I have left on this earth and surround myself with things I love and people I love. My father has early-onset Alzheimer's and in the last year he declined so rapidly and is non-verbal. Also he is young. So this may have an effect on why I think this way. But I love every second I'm looking st those ponies!!!!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 12:02:23 PM »
I don't display fading pink ponies with actual pink hair. I try to find one that's already faded and display that one.

^This.  I only display girls with completely faded hair or re-pinks...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline jrr74

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 12:09:31 PM »
I keep mine on their shelves and sometimes they even get direct sunlight. I want to enjoy every minute I have left on this earth and surround myself with things I love and people I love. My father has early-onset Alzheimer's and in the last year he declined so rapidly and is non-verbal. Also he is young. So this may have an effect on why I think this way. But I love every second I'm looking st those ponies!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your father.  That is a tough disease to watch a love one go through.  But good for you for keeping your ponies in place where you just have to look over in their direction and see them so that they may be enjoyed
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline SpookyTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »
Thank you for your kind words! Sadly he isn't the first family member to develop Alzheimer's although by far the youngest (early 50's) and closes to me. As a child of the '70's and '80's he also purchased most of my ponies for me, so there's that too!!! As his memory faded he donated my childhood ponies (they were stored safely in a box) and over the last few years I have slowly been rebuilding my childhood collection of G1's, another reason those ponies get displayed front and centre instead of packaged away. I do imagine in my mind they are the exact ponies he lovingly chose out for me all those years ago.
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »

:(  :hug:

Offline SpookyTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 12:51:01 PM »

:(  :hug:

Thank you - hugs are always welcome :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal