collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I caved in - I am a smartphone owner now ...  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I caved in - I am a smartphone owner now ...
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 05:47:00 PM »
I am still satisfied with my "traditional" clam-shell style cell phone. I actually get props from other people when I use it, like it's hipster retro already. (!?) My husband reluctantly got a smart phone a couple years ago when he wanted to be able to develop apps for them.

Me: "I'll give you my phone when you pry it from my cold, dead hooves."

:lol: :)
I had that mentality..until I didn't have internet at home.. so now I'm kinda glad I have a 4G smart phone with solid internet access.. otherwise I wouldn't be here typing this message tonight right now.  :blush:  But yeah I'm all for the flip style old school phones with internet! I had a flip phone for a long time and got my first smart phone in 2011 (HTC Rhyme). I'm on my second one now, also an HTC (One Remix). I won't go over to the dark side (iPhone). Apple should stick with computers!  :lol:

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »
Thank you, s.o.a.r! That totally helped! Yay!!!
Glad I could help! ^.^

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 10:09:11 AM »
I found my moterollaaaa that I used while at school/work..oh...6 or 7 years ago?

It was during the phase where smart phones were 'just' becoming popular.

I don't have use for another mini computer right now, and ill probably be the last one on earth to get one (even dad has one.  And that's saying something!)

I don't agree with the prices you have to pay/month.  Im used to $10 lasting me a whole month.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »
Congrats!  I'm so glad S.O.A.R could help you!

I wasn't interested in smart phones myself until I discovered you can get directions that way. I got lost allllll the time while driving.   So much so, I couldn't go any where very far.  Now I drive all over the city and next state over.  I can also see when the next train or bus will be arriving... if it's running late or if I missed it.  It's also nice to be able to just say who you want to call or what you want to text without hunching over a tiny keyboard.   Shopping apps are great too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
I was against smartphones until I got one and now I can't live without it. My entire life is in the ting; workschedule, calendar (which is connected to Johns so we can see each others plans etc), bank. I went nuts last year when it was in for repair and I had to use an old notsosmartphone. It felt like I had lost a huge part of my life. I rarely surf on it as I think the screen is too small for it. I use Instagram but that's it.

Not that keen on Appleproducts either, I prefer android. But I'm glad s.o.a.r could help. :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 10:07:56 PM »
Iphone's are ridiculous in my  opinion :/ you HAVE to register in order to get anything. When you drop em, they shatter (which practically seem like to a million pieces) and you're always having to by a new one within a couple of months (because they keep updating the model for whatever reason...) so overall IMO, complete waste of money  ;)

I'm an android user, always and forever will be. One thing's for sure, they're REALLY durable. I dropped my HTC Evo 4G (mainly my "MP3" player because it has no service and acts as my music provider XD ) face down on hard floor about 3 times during all i've had it. It has NEVER shattered...)

So advice to about being an iphone user... treat it like its a diamond O_O
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2015, 12:07:02 AM »
I second Twilight. Never had an iPhone because they're mighty overpriced and one accident can render them useless. I remember when I got my first smartphone five years ago I had the same reaction.

Be patient and enjoy the exploration. And turn off the data traffic, it's going to drain your wallet chatting with satellites behind your back

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:20 PM »
I am admitting it now. I love that phone!!!!!!!
I am at the airport in Paris now and still connected to my Chinese friends and you! It's so convenient! And the music quality is wonderful! No regrets here!

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 09:45:35 PM »
I am admitting it now. I love that phone!!!!!!!
I am at the airport in Paris now and still connected to my Chinese friends and you! It's so convenient! And the music quality is wonderful! No regrets here!

This always makes me so happy- I used to work for Apple and my favorite thing ever was introducing someone brand new to iPhones and seeing them fall in love. They're wonderfully made little devices and I hope they change your world, even if it is in a small way! Enjoy it!

I don't know which model you got, but the new ones (the 6 and 6S) tend to be a bit slippery, so make sure your case has a bit of grip to it. Outside of that, unless you drop it hard on its face or hard on a corner, it shouldn't give you any trouble damage-wise. I just have a leather case on mine, and tend to drop it quite a bit but it's a trooper!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal