collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap 2015 BRAG THREAD!  (Read 11217 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Ornament Swap 2015 BRAG THREAD!
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
I'm so glad that you like everything. When we first got partners your info was really vague and I was sitting here thinking "Uh-oh, what am I gonna do here?" :lol: Fortunately you added more and then I was able to start piecing things together.

While waiting for that I had taken a look at your post history and knew you'd been part of a Rockin' Beats cosplay over the summer, so the Sweet Notes was the first thing I came up with. When you mentioned you wanted Star Trek ships I decided to check eBay and I found the two ships for you. I was torn between those or The Defiant and a Roundabout from DS9 (which is my favorite Trek) but I went with the Next Gen ones because when I checked your instagram you had a shot of something from the original show and I figured those two ships would be a safer bet.

Since I was making Sweet Notes anyway (along with all the other MLP ornaments i did this year) i figured adding one of your pets would be a good idea too< since you made it fairly clear you"d still want one even after what had happened. Glad you like it; I was happy that it was able to have so many images and they turned out well. :)

You didn't give a ton of direction on treats, so I figured "Hey, the theme of the box is adventure, so I'll send you stuff you probably can't get at home." :) I"M glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the goodies. As for the magnets I saw them at Hallmark and figured they would be a perfect addiction. Anyway, my keyboard is acting like it's possessed, so I'm gonna wrap this up here. :lol: I'm really glad you enjoyed your box. I had fun shopping for you!

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2015, 01:56:04 PM »
Yay, I'm glad you liked your box icecreamgirl! When I saw your post about your kitty I knew I needed to make an ornament of her! I was going to do a 3D one but needle felting turned out to be harder than it looked!! :P I was almost going to get you a really cute Sven ornament but then I saw the Snoopy one and remembered you had said you wanted him! I'm glad your like him! And now you will have a bit of Seattle on your tree with the Starbucks cup ornament. ^.^ Bummer the candy canes got broken! I hope you like all the other goodies! :D

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
These brags have been so great. Everyone's boxes have been really fun and thoughtful. I have thoroughly enjoyed this swap!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
Aww, yay! I'm loving these posts. :)

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2015, 09:45:54 AM »
Amazing boxes again! I love all the handmade ornaments. This has been the funnest swap! I just love everything I got and whenever I look at my trees and see the ornaments it makes me smile. :heart:
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2015, 01:57:55 AM »
What lovely boxes.  I love the handmade ornaments in both.  Congrats!

Arianna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »
Fore note:  I'm not one for brags really, so if this seems short or unappreciative, please... please, please, please, please, please, please do not think that of me!!!  I love everything I got in this swap!

Okay, Einhornbaby was my sweet partner for this swap.

First, this was the lovely little message left to me in my box.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the outside, but if you're in the card swap, you'll get to see it.  Either way, it was really sweet.

Here's everything unwrapped.  I really love everything.  I want to know what the little figures are called - far left of the picture, very small plastic figures with actual hair for tails.  If someone (Einhornbaby?) can tell me, please do; also where I can find more if possible! :)

Here's the ornament that I consider the cream of the crop! :)

I already tasted the chocolate.  It's pretty good! :)  i am going to put everything in storage for when I have my own place and tree; hopefully that will be when I'm good and ready and not in a bit of financial debt!  Soon enough, soon enough. 

Thank you Einhornbaby!  I love and appreciate everything you chose for me.  So much love and care right back at you, for everything!!! XOXO
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:49:33 AM by Arianna »

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
What a lovely box, Arianna!  I really like the Anubis ornament.  Very pretty.

The little pony figures with the brushable tails are actually pizes from kinder eggs.  I think they are super adorable. 

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2015, 09:01:57 AM »
Woohoo!!! My box from Arianna has arrived!!! :freak: I have been utterly, utterly spoiled, words still fail me! :faint: (Everyone: I have been avoiding the brag thread for a while, because I didn't want to ruin the surprise of my partner's identity. :cool: I will admire everybody else's brags soon, I promise!)

The box was huuuge! And look at the pile of presents! :shocked: (I actually used the elevator instead of the stairs to get to the fourth floor ;)) Ignore the mix of natural light, lamplight and flashlight, the weather was rather cloudy and drab today, even at noon it felt like late winter afternoon and approaching dusk. (Oh, and you can see part of my desk and balcony in the pictures. :blush:) Anyway: Pictures! The wrapping paper was a perfect choice, it immediately felt like Christmas in my study! I opened the envelope first and read the card (beautiful, beautiful card, and 100% "me"), but I refrained from reading the letter as I had been instructed. :biggrin:

Spoiler
Being a tea addict, I can spot/smell/magically sense (:P) tea from a mile off, and unwrapped the tea-related goodies first (yep, I managed to guess all four of them, told you it was magic). Just one word: Tea-heaven!!! :coffee: Arianna got me tea from my favourite brand (wonderful for long winter days and nights at the office / at the library), a honey-stirrer to sweeten the tea (perfect when I get a cold [and I always get one during winter time :brr: :sick:]) and maple syrup which I though was intended for tea as well, however, Arianna's letter told me that it was actually used for pancakes and the like (guess, what I am going to have for bruch on Christmas Day!).

I couldn't believe my eyes when I ripped one end of the next package open: Arianna had been able to get me the Downton Abbey ornament that I had been coveting for years!!! I only glimpsed "Downton Abbey" on the box and quickly re-wrapped it again, because I intend to take it with me to my parents' house for Christmas and open it there: Nobody and nothing will be able to prevent me from watching the DA Christmas special on Christmas Day with a beaker full of delicious Twinings tea in my hand, the DA ornament hanging on the fir tree and the "Downton Abbey - A Celebration" book (which my parents will give me for Christmas) on my lap to peruse (probably with tears in my eyes) after the final episode of DA will have aired! :inlove: :read: :bawl:

The following packages all held something historical or cultural that was native to my partner's area. I am not sure whether I have mentioned somewhere on the Arena that I am a historian or whether your intuition was spot on, Arianna, but something relating to history and/or culture is the best thing you could have chosen for a historian! :P ^.^ I am probably going to put up the quilted decorations next to my photo-wall of pictures from England and Scotland, because the colours of the fabric match the colours of the British landscape perfectly. Btw, my hometown here in Germany lies right at the periphery of the well-known German industrial and coal mining area called the "Ruhrgebiet" ("Ruhr Area"), so I loved receiving the slate ornament, because it felt like we had something in common. :)

Oh my goodness!!! I was actually completely flabberghasted when I saw the Brambly Hedge dish. Did you catch a lucky break on ebay? Otherwise, how on earth could you have afforded that one on top of everything else? I would never have imagined to receive any Brambly Hedge china in an Arena swap, I only mentioned it somewhere to explain why I was not looking for any more mugs. :shocked: I actually have complete sets of all four seasons, BUT I started to collect more sets of the autumn design two years ago, because my birthday is in autumn and I love having either breakfast or tea with my whole family using those dishes. Again, you were spot on! :yippee:

Last but not least there were two G4 blind bags, a Funko mystery mini (my first one), a bag full of pixietails from Lady Lovely Locks, a candle and some Christmas candy! Wow, you've actually given my pixietail collection a major boost!!! :cheer: They've already enjoyed a quick spa session and are waiting for their tails and curls to dry. Drying takes a couple of days to ensure the curls remain - I promise, I will update my brag with a picture once they're ready! Talking of pictures, I will also upload a picture of the DA ornament hanging on our fir tree! (I'll pm you some time between Christmas and New Year's and let you know ...) ;)

Finally, everything laid out in all its glory! Arianna, I am going to virtually squish you to death for putting such a stunningly awesome swap box together!!! Thank you so, so much, you're a star!!! :deathhug: Merry Christmas!!!  :xmas:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:06:39 AM by Libelle »

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »
Wow!  What a great box, Libelle!  Arianna you did an amazing job!

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2015, 07:05:48 AM »
WOW! Awesome boxes ladies!!!
:frolic:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #146 on: December 25, 2015, 06:48:33 AM »
Im happy that you liked everything, Arianna :)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2015, 11:20:24 AM »
Libelle -- so many pretty things! Looks like you got a very nice box! :D

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2016, 01:08:04 PM »
Im sorry it has taken me this long to get my brag posted! Everytime I think oh ill do that now something pops up:(
And my box was sooooooooo brag worthy,it was amazing!!
Let me first say it was nightime when I open my box and took pics so they are not great but here goes
First up my card,note,sticker book (ariel is my fav princess) there was a really cooli fo card and a fridge magnet which didnt make it into the pic it went straight on the e fridge lol

Next up my sweets. I have never tried Mint M&Ms so im looking forward to those and them little fishes are all gone lol

Next up my extras.I can not believe you managed to get my love of Vampires into a christmas swap.Beth your AMAZING. I love it all,I have the socks on right now.

Now onto my ornament so I got the cutest little Ariel ever! Then I got a mr pointy stake (from buffy) which I have wanted forever!!! And last but not least a beautiful Alice disney ornament. Beth I honestly could not have got better ornaments you made me the most thoughful awesome box!! Thank you soooo much Xx

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2016, 06:58:40 PM »
I am so glad you like your box!  I had a really fun time hunting for vampire things, I haven't done it before. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal