collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar  (Read 22762 times)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
Re: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2016, 10:06:57 PM »
I am totally hooked on this show. I went into it really skeptical since I thought 1 and 2 were fine on their own but I love The Lion Guard! It still captures the spirit of the originals.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »
I can't wait for next week's episode. We get to find out how Bunga met Timon and Pumbaa!!!!

I liked today's episode. I kinda felt bad for Fuli. Poor girl just wanted to eat!

sailorstitch

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2016, 03:22:13 PM »
I can't wait for next week's episode. We get to find out how Bunga met Timon and Pumbaa!!!!

I liked today's episode. I kinda felt bad for Fuli. Poor girl just wanted to eat!

sailorstitch
No joke, I dont blame Fuli for being mad about hunting with Kion's family. He should have told her at the start they weren't hunting to eat. xD

It's funny how before this episode, I didn't care too much for Fuli. But afterwards, I like her alot and I can relate to her. Sometimes people just like being alone (not that they don't like hanging out with others). But it was sweet of the other Guard members to try to include her in things. :)

Also digging her song in the episode. It ain't no Sisi ni Sawa, but it's a nice catchy song. :D
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »
Fuli's New Family was a great episode. Had so many amusing parts to it for one thing with Bunga thinking he's immune to everything including volcanoes. That honey badger has got mush for brains.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2016, 10:18:11 AM »
I like this episode too! Mainly because we got to see more of Fuli who hadn't been explored much yet.  I swear Bunga is the definition of "honey badger don't care".
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »
Currently catching up on a few episodes I missed! thank goodness for toonova and they have subtitles!

#5 If I were Ono and got dirt in my eye I would so wash it out with that spring water. Poor Ono.

#6 OMG that jackal puppy is soooo CUTE! Fuli is smart. She knew what was up, why does no one listen to her. I love that Kupatana song!

#7 I really liked this epsiode!
Bunga gets bit by snake... Rafiki does nothing xD
DO YOU KNOW HOW SOFT YOU ARE!? x'D
Oh thats not mud! O.o
*Ive always felt it was weird the grazing animals of the pridelands became friends with the lions...then get hunted. Someday that zebra they talk to will get hunted by them... the circle of life, man! xD As a kid I pretended 'Disney Lions' ate fish and dead older wildebeas. LOL.
...Poor Fuli. She was so hungry. I really dont blame her for being a diva because when im hungry im also crabby
WHAT ARE THOSE STRIPED/SPOTTED ...(canid looking critters?) OMG THEY ARE CUUUTE!
Bunga you are so dumb.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »
The Lion Guard Return of the Roar is out on DVD today in the US. Does anyone know if the DVD includes any bonus episodes?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »
WHAT ARE THOSE STRIPED/SPOTTED ...(canid looking critters?) OMG THEY ARE CUUUTE!
Those were genets, they're super duper cute and I love them in TLK style.

Duster reference]

Princess Lala

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2016, 07:38:38 AM »
Those were genets, they're super duper cute and I love them in TLK style.

Thanks so much! OMG I just googled a picture f them OMG I WANT ONE! I wonder if they would play with my ferret, Miku! :heart: Ive got to hug one!  :deathhug:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »
Okay, so I gave this show a watch at last. I've been putting it aside mainly because The Lion King never was a thing that made up even a fraction of my childhood.

First thing first, HOLY COW THAT ANIMATION!! I absolutely love that 3D panning, and that smooth, painting-like background. I love how they tried to keep it looking traditional, yet with a bit of a modern twist. I don't get the continuous style change though. One time their movements are frame-locked like in the old, hand-drawn animations, the next shot they are smooth vectors. Speaking of that... lots of squeezing, rather jarring.

As for the character cast, they are diverse, and likable for the most part (except that honey badger). The setting is also rather... interesting. This whole 'Circle of Life' thing is kind of messed up, being an organized killing grounds for the 'lower species' and all, but whatever works I suppose.

So far, I like it. Definite contender against MLP, unlike some bronies say that call it a 'cheap rip-off' because of a single tattoo.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2016, 11:05:13 AM »
And that marking is on the shoulder. It's not even on the hip like it is on ponies.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Princess Lala

« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2016, 12:13:23 AM »
Question- ya know those lion guard blindbags!? We are trying to find that gold kion one and since I stock at work I have come across 3 cases blindbags in my freight- checked them all one by one and NONE had the gold kion in them! They are #8, right? The last # on the end of the long code is the one I need to look at correct? How rare are these things!? Its so cool its like a mini trophy for ponies and dolls LOL!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2016, 07:35:38 AM »
I haven't even seen the blind bags yet..... :(

sailorstitch

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2016, 08:11:18 AM »
Question- ya know those lion guard blindbags!? We are trying to find that gold kion one and since I stock at work I have come across 3 cases blindbags in my freight- checked them all one by one and NONE had the gold kion in them! They are #8, right? The last # on the end of the long code is the one I need to look at correct? How rare are these things!? Its so cool its like a mini trophy for ponies and dolls LOL!

Yes it's number eight and it's by the last digit of the code. I can't say what the rarity is though. Hope you find him!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Princess Lala

« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2016, 09:53:42 AM »
I haven't even seen the blind bags yet..... :(

sailorstitch

Whaaaat really!? OMG they are everywhere here! If they never show up tell me which ones you want and I can snatch some up for you! :heart: Do your walmarts have the easter train display!? The robins-egg blue one? We got even more in there last night and those displays are popping up all over the US now! Check those displays!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal