collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar  (Read 22768 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2016, 04:30:16 PM »
sailorstitch -- The soundtrack is on Amazon for $10.98. :)

So, also, "Return of the Roar" is coming out on DVD on Feb. 23rd. I assume I should go ahead and pre-order it? Do you guys think the show will ever be released on DVD? I don't think Disney usually releases their TV shows on DVD, so maybe it's just an empty hope...
If it's like how they do it with Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sofia the First, Miles from Tomorrowland, and their other Junior shows, the show will come out on DVD. I've lost track how many DVDs that Sofia has out. Plus, Lion King is still a popular brand/series/movie for Disney, so they would be fools not to release The Lion Guard on DVD.

I'd wager that the Return of the Roar DVD will have at least three or four episodes from the show included as well.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »
I agree it will most likely be released like Sofia. The premiere movie first and later other DVDs with a few episodes of the show. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2016, 04:52:25 PM »
Fyi there's a new Lion Guard game that you can download on the apple App Store. Idk if it's on android or not. It was 3.99. It has the music videos for popular songs and the game you play as Kion and run through different areas of the pride lands collecting tokens. It's cute. Idk if it was worth $3.99 though.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2016, 07:57:36 AM »
DS is having a plushie sale Buy one get one for $1. That includes TLG!

Post Merge: January 25, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

I'd like it better if, instead of Mufasa being on sky-speed-dial, Kion heard stories about his grandfather from various animals when he got in trouble, and figured out for himself why his grandfather had done what he'd done, and the logic behind it.  They could show a little flashback of Mufasa so we'd still get to hear that great voice.

Right now I'm kind of like "Wow, if you're going to be floating in the sky ALL THE TIME, you could have maybe told your guilt-ridden son that he didn't really kill you when he was still a tiny cub in the first movie."

Don't get me wrong, I like this series, but I do roll my eyes every time Mufasa poofs in the from clouds.  Hope Kion never gets in trouble on a totally cloudless day!

The way I understand it, Kion can talk to Mufasa because he has the power of the roar. Simba doesn't have the roar so he can't talk to his dad.

Post Merge: January 25, 2016, 03:13:07 PM

sailorstitch -- The soundtrack is on Amazon for $10.98. :)

So, also, "Return of the Roar" is coming out on DVD on Feb. 23rd. I assume I should go ahead and pre-order it? Do you guys think the show will ever be released on DVD? I don't think Disney usually releases their TV shows on DVD, so maybe it's just an empty hope...

Thanks. If all else fails, I'll get the CD online. I was just hoping that Wal-Mart would get it in.

I'm sure we'll see several TLG DVDs. Disney does release tv shows on DVD, but they're just a few random episodes on one disk. What they don't do is release full season sets. The last show they did that for was Hannah Montana. And then it was only season 1 and season 4. Seasons 2 and 3 were never released in sets.

Currently on the DS website they have....
4 Jake/Neverland DVDs
5 Doc DVDs
18 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs
2 Henry Hugglemonster DVDs
1 Miles/Tomorrowland DVD
1 Sheriff Callie DVD
7 Sofia DVDs

Yeah... I'm not worried. ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:13:07 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »
Okay, cool. It would be nice if the episodes would be in order, but I can deal with the regular DVD release style...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2016, 05:12:36 PM »
The latest episode, "Just Can't Wait to Be Queen", was really cute!  Although I'm sad the two non-Kiara lionness cubs seem so shallow.

Zazu's song was great.  Did anyone else notice the visual pun in it?  He says "You grant gazelles their grazing grounds" . . . and shows a bunch of Grant's gazelles.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2016, 06:08:46 PM »
The latest episode, "Just Can't Wait to Be Queen", was really cute!  Although I'm sad the two non-Kiara lionness cubs seem so shallow.

Zazu's song was great.  Did anyone else notice the visual pun in it?  He says "You grant gazelles their grazing grounds" . . . and shows a bunch of Grant's gazelles.
yeah, I wasnt too fond of Zuri and Tifu doing that "Kiara is the queen she can do whatever she wants" thing. Kinda had hoped Kiara would have said something to them about it, specialy when they tried to give themselves special names.

Hehe, I didnt notice that! I admit I didnt pay too much attention during the song visually, but I must rewatch it later!
I did like how they somewhat mentioned/implied that honey badgers can totally handle bees, with how Bunga looked compared to the others during that scene. xD

Oh Lion Guard, keep on inserting in animal facts without being too blunt/obvious about it. Love it. <3
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2016, 07:51:19 PM »

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I did watch/listen to the song on YouTube and thought it was good.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
I haven't seen can't wait to be queen, saving it for tomorrow!!!!!!!  :biggrin:

I saw this GIAAANT lion plush at Walmart, I man up and hugged it omg so soft :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2016, 11:42:30 PM »
So I was watching a clip from the first Lion Guard episode and I paused at a random place and

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2016, 12:00:37 AM »
LOLOLOLOL! DIDNEY WORL! xD

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »
Oh my gosh Ono! XD

Just watched the newest episode! I have to agree it's a shame Zuri and Tifu got caught up in the whole Queen situation, I was hoping their character would be a bit better than that. I admit I was expecting Kiara to act a whole lot worse when it came to being Queen temporarily but she was more level-headed. I was happy to see more of Simba and Nala and the new song was great too  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »
I...I love this series.  I'm surprised, because I didn't like the sequels.  But I just adore this series.  I love the bright colors that the original Lion King had.  And, I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't like Kion, but I've already become obsessed with Kion merchandise.  He is just such a cool-looking character!  I actually kind of like his look a little more than cub Simba's look.  I just watched the episode with Jasiri, and I was VERY surprised at how much I genuinely loved that one.  It would be SO awesome if she returns in a future episode!  And, though I know it's unlikely, it would be so sweet to have a plushie of her!

So, speaking of merchandise...has anyone found those action figures in-store?  I managed to score a giant Kion plush at Walmart, and had to order the Disney Store plush online (seriously, every DS I went to had every other character BUT Kion LOL).  But I'm having trouble figuring out where to find the action figures.  I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2016, 04:50:12 PM »
The latest episode was really cute!  I love Ono.

The vulture scene was also really funny.  IIRC a group of vultures is sometimes called a parliament or a committee.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:53:46 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2016, 12:13:47 PM »
I loved the kupatana song in the new episode. It's great to see more creatures introduced in TLK like jackals! I just can't get enough of this show!  :biggrin:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal