collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar  (Read 22571 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »
Watched the first two episodes today. They were super cute.

Question...
Since Kiara is still a cub, I assume this is all pre-Kovu? Wonder if he will ever show up in the show. Or is this like an alternate reality thing?

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2016, 01:08:03 PM »

Question...
Since Kiara is still a cub, I assume this is all pre-Kovu? Wonder if he will ever show up in the show. Or is this like an alternate reality thing?
Kovu, Nuka & Vitani have been confirmed as characters that will show up in a future episode! No word on Zira, though.

...Yeah, I've been spending too much time gathering info on this show :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »

Question...
Kovu, Nuka & Vitani have been confirmed as characters that will show up in a future episode! No word on Zira, though.

Thanks, Sora I was hoping The Lion Guard was going to somehow tie in to Lion 2 with Kiara and Kovu. So The Lion Guard is supposed to be happing during Lion King 2?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »

Question...

Thanks, Sora I was hoping The Lion Guard was going to somehow tie in to Lion 2 with Kiara and Kovu. So The Lion Guard is supposed to be happing during Lion King 2?

Ponyfan

I hope they really will be. MTV posted an article a few months before the one that claims confirmation saying they wont be in it. Maybe Disney changed their minds? I kinda hope they did. (besides they already screwed up lion king canon with this anyway, might as well do it more! XD)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »

Question...

Oh awesome!! Thanks for the info!! Glad to hear they'll be appearing!

I'm liking the show so far. It's cute, and I'm glad to have new lion king things coming. I'm really happy that they included timon, pumba, kiara, simba, and nala in the show too. I hope we see more of Kiara, I like her. Is she older or younger than Kion? They look about the same size..

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2016, 02:43:28 PM »
Kiara is the first-born, which is why she will be queen.  :)  She and Kion are from the same litter, though.

Thanks for the info about the hyenas being teenagers, that makes sense!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
Kiara is the first-born, which is why she will be queen.  :)  She and Kion are from the same litter, though.

Thanks for the info about the hyenas being teenagers, that makes sense!

Ahhh okay thanks! Makes sense why they're the same size then.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2016, 08:31:59 AM »
Oooh, Vitani might be in it? :O Now I'm interested. I always liked her.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 04:34:04 AM »
I have to watch all of these eeeeeeee! I hope Vatani is in it because she is just so cute!  :blush: Kiara will always be my favorite! I just love em!

Has anyone seen any Lion Guard toys in the US? Besides Disney Store? I really like some of the action figures!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 10:36:13 AM »
I have to watch all of these eeeeeeee! I hope Vatani is in it because she is just so cute!  :blush: Kiara will always be my favorite! I just love em!

Has anyone seen any Lion Guard toys in the US? Besides Disney Store? I really like some of the action figures!

I mentioned it in a previous post, but I've seen people finding plushies at target. Targets website has pre-orders for books  and the film listed as well. I don't know of any other merchandise yet.

Edit: Whoops, I forget they have blind bag figures too! No idea where they're being sold though. I'll add a code list under the spoiler.
Spoiler
ID by the last two digits of the code:
01 — Battle Kion
02 — (Regular) Kion
03 — Beshte
04 — Bunga
05 — Ono
06 — Fuli
07 — Janja
08 — Rare golden Kion

---

Here's a drawing I did of Jasiri and Kion  :)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:17:28 AM by Bekuno »
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »
Oooookay, so I am super behind on having any knowledge about this show (even though this thread has been here for a while). My mom has Disney channel and I can stream it using her code, so I'm totally going to have to catch up on it! I already know that I want toys and everything. :D

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2016, 08:15:37 AM »
I really love Jasari! Ive only seen the first 2 episodes but I really hope eventually she becomes part of the lion guard! She can be the defender of the outlands LOL! I wonder what Simba would think of his son being friends with a hyena and how many episodes it would take for him to understand how nice she is :P Jasari is just... wow so cute and awesome! I dont understand the british accent, but still flippin awesome!

I LOVE the art omg Bekuno that is amaziiiiiing!

Is it weird I want to see more of Kiara? I mean, she had her own movie and stuff but she is always going to be my favorite! xD Im going to love the next episode! Also I want to see more of Kiara's friends! They are so darned cute! x3
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:21:01 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »
I really like Jasari too. I love her hair/mane! I love that Mufasa will be in the series too and not just the movie. I like how Kion can call on him anytime for advise. Although, it does make me wonder if James Earl Jones is hurting for work.... Between TLG and the Arby's tv commercials.....

I'm not to worried about TLG messing with TLK canon. The jump from TLK to TLK2 never made sense to me. Where the heck did these other lions come from? The movie claims they were part of the pride, but they weren't in the first movie. They couldn't have lived at Pride Rock because they thought that Scar was a good leader. If they had been at Pride Rock, they would have been starving and angry just like Nala and Sarabi. I know Disney wanted to do a Romeo & Juliet type movie, but the two storylines just don't match up! TLK canon has been all over the place for a long time.

Has anybody seen the soundtrack in stores? I don't like downloaded music, but I can't find the CD around here.

sailorstitch

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »
I'd like it better if, instead of Mufasa being on sky-speed-dial, Kion heard stories about his grandfather from various animals when he got in trouble, and figured out for himself why his grandfather had done what he'd done, and the logic behind it.  They could show a little flashback of Mufasa so we'd still get to hear that great voice.

Right now I'm kind of like "Wow, if you're going to be floating in the sky ALL THE TIME, you could have maybe told your guilt-ridden son that he didn't really kill you when he was still a tiny cub in the first movie."

Don't get me wrong, I like this series, but I do roll my eyes every time Mufasa poofs in the from clouds.  Hope Kion never gets in trouble on a totally cloudless day!

BTW, I was surprised and amused that the latest episode, "Bunga the Wise", actually had Bunga using the foul-smelling anal sac smell that real honey badgers use.  Also, honey badgers really are extremely clever animals, look at this one using tools to get out of its cage.  (It was put in there because someone tried to domesticate it, then dumped it at the sanctuary, so it was too tame to go back in the wild but if they let him run loose he would attack the other sanctuary animals.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36UNSoJenI
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:48:26 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »
sailorstitch -- The soundtrack is on Amazon for $10.98. :)

So, also, "Return of the Roar" is coming out on DVD on Feb. 23rd. I assume I should go ahead and pre-order it? Do you guys think the show will ever be released on DVD? I don't think Disney usually releases their TV shows on DVD, so maybe it's just an empty hope...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal