collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Undeliverable as addressed  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Undeliverable as addressed
« on: November 21, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
Can anyone tell me what exactly this means? It was first delivered to the wrong address and now this is what its saying. The city and zip are not the other party's.

"Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 3:50 pm on November 21, 2015 in [city, state, zip]. It is being returned if appropriate information is available."

The address was completely taped over so unless someone ripped the tape off the bubble mailer or crossed it out its fine and couldn't have been damaged. I bought the postage via the machine and when I looked up the address to add insurance it was 100% fine and came up as it was written. And if the label was messed with would I even get it back? Would insurance cover it? If it was an error on the post office's part would I have to pay to ship it again even though the address is correct (assuming the label wasn't messed with)?

If its fine I cannot afford another $7 to ship it, or the $25ish the doll is worth. :/ It was for a trade. I asked the person to call their post office and see if they can get any information. I've never had anything like this happen before and I'm just at a loss.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Undeliverable as addressed
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »
Huh, that's really weird.  :huh: When it was delivered to the wrong address, did the post office then tell you they were trying again, and later give you the message you quoted below?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 07:32:44 PM »
I don't know. I wasn't watching the tracking super close the last few days because we've been very busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. The other party said the tracking just updated this evening. I don't know if it had a message about an attempted delivery before the alert popped up and it turned orange.

I double checked my receipt when I took photos of it (in case the other party needs any of the info when they call) and it has the right city and zip so I know I didn't accidentally mess that up.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »
I had something similar happen to me.  The tracking featured told me my item is undeliverable as addressed and will be returned to the shipper [or something to that effect].  Anyway, I panicked and contacted the seller.  The next day, the item was delivered to my house.  Sometimes I think stuff gets missed during the delivery route and the postal office has to put something in.  Good luck
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 07:48:37 PM »
I don't know. I wasn't watching the tracking super close the last few days because we've been very busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. The other party said the tracking just updated this evening. I don't know if it had a message about an attempted delivery before the alert popped up and it turned orange.

I double checked my receipt when I took photos of it (in case the other party needs any of the info when they call) and it has the right city and zip so I know I didn't accidentally mess that up.

That is very weird! I think the good thing in all this is that you have the right city and ZIP, as proved by your receipt, and it sounds like the tracking, at least, is still attached to the package and the post office can at least deliver it back to you, if not to where it needs to go. Hopefully, like jrr74 said, the post office updates are weird right now but the package will show up at your trade partner's house soon. Hoping that's the case! I'm not sure there's anything you can do; once my sister and I had to stop a package that was being sent to a wrong address and we paid the post office extra to stop the package and send it back, but it got lost for months and we could not get a refund on the extra we paid; it magically showed up at our house one day. So my current practice is not to rock the boat and not contact the post office. I don't know . . . Not sure what to do specifically in your case-- maybe someone else has some advice? -- but keep us posted.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »
Depending on how picky the post office is, it could be as simple as not having a correct name on it.  I know sometimes if a package is sent to an address but the post office doesn't know that name is associated with the address, that can happen? When we ran the local Sober Grad Night, we had to have 'Sober Grad Night' added as a 'resident' at our PO Box because donations were getting returned as undeliverable as addressed, which was a real pain, we needed those, haha!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 01:20:38 PM »
I've had this happen several times to items I've sold through eBay. The reasons for it vary. A few times it has been because the buyer provided the incorrect/incomplete or old address. Other times the address has been correct and USPS just screwed up. All but one time when the address was correct but this notice showed up the item was delivered a few days later. The other time it got sent back to me and I just reshipped it to the buyer's work address instead of home and it worked perfect that time for whatever reason. I hope you get this all sorted out, it is such an annoying problem!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 01:43:57 PM »
I had a similar issue because they buyers address was incorrect.  It happened one other time because a post man got lazy and left my package on a truck.  That time it was super cool because I got to pay to ship it twice.... 

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »
How can they force you to pay shipping twice when its entirely their fault? That's absolutely disgusting :/

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 05:25:55 PM »
How can they force you to pay shipping twice when its entirely their fault? That's absolutely disgusting :/

I agree 100% but it doesn't matter that the post office made a mistake.  I could have fought it but I've had issues before and they just don't care.  I had a game stop package go missing, it was scanned as delivered.  I called my post office and I wanted to pull out my hair.  The manager kept saying so you saying that so and so stole it.  No matter what I said to them I was wrong.  You just can't fight em.    The package eventually showed up (2+ weeks later) but it was wrongly scanned when they handed it off to another company to deliver it.     

sorry for all of the rage~ :lol:

Offline flying_narwhal

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »

I agree 100% but it doesn't matter that the post office made a mistake.  I could have fought it but I've had issues before and they just don't care.  I had a game stop package go missing, it was scanned as delivered.  I called my post office and I wanted to pull out my hair.  The manager kept saying so you saying that so and so stole it.  No matter what I said to them I was wrong.  You just can't fight em.    The package eventually showed up (2+ weeks later) but it was wrongly scanned when they handed it off to another company to deliver it.     

^This! It is so frustrating trying to get anywhere with USPS when something goes wrong. They can be downright rude at times, depending on the person you end up talking to, like they can't be bothered to do their job or provide any assistance.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 09:50:29 PM »
That's totally terrifying... I've never had a problem before. I've heard a couple bad stories here and there, or bad post offices, stuff like that. I didn't realize it was so widespread.

If they try to force us to pay twice for their mess up or something my MIL will give them heck (we paid using her card for convenience), so there's that at least. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though. The other party is gonna call in the morning to try and figure out what happened and what we can do.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
The other party called the post office yesterday and it seems they owned up to their mistake. Casta arrived safe and sound! I'm so relieved.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
That's great news! :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline flying_narwhal

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
The other party called the post office yesterday and it seems they owned up to their mistake. Casta arrived safe and sound! I'm so relieved.

So glad to hear everything worked out ok!! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal