collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony's head is darker than body, how to fix it?  (Read 771 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Pony's head is darker than body, how to fix it?
« on: November 15, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »
How do you fix a pony with a darker head and lighter body or a lighter head and darker body? I got North Star and her head is darker than the rest of her. I wanted to fix it, if possible, but I'm not sure how?
(Hopefully this is in the right area.)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pony's head is darker than body, how to fix it?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any way to fix that. It's one of the unfortunate non-curable pony flaws. Maybe someone else can chime in if they've been able to do anything about head/body mismatch?

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:27 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any way to fix that. It's one of the unfortunate non-curable pony flaws. Maybe someone else can chime in if they've been able to do anything about head/body mismatch?
Okay, I was just seeing if there was a cure.  :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 06:32:59 AM »
Sunfading the darker of the two may help alleviate the mismatch somewhat, but there is no easy fix for this particular flaw.  It's just something that happens due to heads and bodies having been cast from two different batches of plastic, and the exact mix varying a little.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »
Sunfading the darker of the two may help alleviate the mismatch somewhat, but there is no easy fix for this particular flaw.  It's just something that happens due to heads and bodies having been cast from two different batches of plastic, and the exact mix varying a little.

Okay.  :)

Offline mulbiles

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 09:12:30 AM »
I made a necklace and put on the seam of the mismatched pony in question.  It didn't look like a different colour after that!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 10:37:33 AM »
I made a necklace and put on the seam of the mismatched pony in question.  It didn't look like a different colour after that!

I like this idea :) I have also seen people add ribbons.

Unfortunately as others have mentioned your only bet is to try and fade the part which is lighter than the other. However, that works on the assumption that the initial fading is due to exposure to sunlight. Unfortunately its more likely the difference is a result of different batches of plastic and how they have aged or how they have responded to different environmental factors over the years. Its worth a shot though :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 06:12:58 AM »

I like this idea :) I have also seen people add ribbons.

Unfortunately as others have mentioned your only bet is to try and fade the part which is lighter than the other. However, that works on the assumption that the initial fading is due to exposure to sunlight. Unfortunately its more likely the difference is a result of different batches of plastic and how they have aged or how they have responded to different environmental factors over the years. Its worth a shot though :)

Thanks. Because I have never sun faded a pony before I'll just put a ribbon on her, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal