collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Birth flower ponies are rare?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Birth flower ponies are rare?
« on: November 12, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »
I have rarely seen birth flower ponies. (G1 and G3 birth flower toys) The ones I found were titled 'extremely rare', were they only sold for a year or two? I think they look very nice.  ^.^

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Birth flower ponies are rare?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 01:06:33 PM »
If memory serves me the g1 birth flower ponies were a mail order item, while the g3 ones were a TRU exclusive. They're not rarest of the rare, but they do tend to be a bit more than some other ponies of their respective generation are. Also, since the g1 birth flower ponies are white bodied, there's the quality of that to consider, too. I hope that helps. :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 04:01:10 PM »
The G1 Birthflower ponies were mail order only, but they're not that expensive / rare for mail orders.  The G3 Birthflowers were sold in stores, but I think they're hard to find . . . I remember when they were in stores it was hard to find all twelve on the shelves at the same time. 

There's also an alternate set of G1 birthflowers that were sold in stores in Australia and Germany(?) that are different colors, instead of all white and pink like the US set.  Those ponies are very hard to find and expensive.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »
The G1 Birthflower ponies were mail order only, but they're not that expensive / rare for mail orders.  The G3 Birthflowers were sold in stores, but I think they're hard to find . . . I remember when they were in stores it was hard to find all twelve on the shelves at the same time. 

There's also an alternate set of G1 birthflowers that were sold in stores in Australia and Germany(?) that are different colors, instead of all white and pink like the US set.  Those ponies are very hard to find and expensive.  :)

My birthday is in June and the alt. Version is very similar, so I don't mind having just the one :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 12:57:29 AM »
I think the G3 birth flowers are harder to find than the g1 regular release haha!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 01:39:46 AM »
I have never seen a g3 Birthflowers in person and I've never personally seen them up for sale. I'd reckon they are potentially harder to come by than some of the alt g1 Birthflowers. Which is a pity as I think they are the prettiest Birthflower set.

Regular G1 MO's are pretty easy to find though and not at all over expensive, I actually like that they all match. I think they make for quite the adorable set.

Offline PeachyPie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 02:42:35 AM »
As far as I have seen the standard G1 birthflowers are usually moderately priced and not super rare.

The Australian versions however are super hard to come by and absolutely beautiful.

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 06:12:50 AM »
If memory serves me the g1 birth flower ponies were a mail order item, while the g3 ones were a TRU exclusive. They're not rarest of the rare, but they do tend to be a bit more than some other ponies of their respective generation are. Also, since the g1 birth flower ponies are white bodied, there's the quality of that to consider, too. I hope that helps. :)
Okay. That makes sense.

I might have saw the German or Australian version. It was listed as 'extremely rare' on Ebay.

I think the G3 birth flowers are harder to find than the g1 regular release haha!
It seems like it, I looked it up and mostly G1 shown up.

Amy-Q

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 06:36:26 AM »
I agree the G3 birthflowers do seem to be harder to find! I have 9 of then and I have been looking for the other 3 for 6 years!
They are in storage right now and I don't have a photo, otherwise I would post it. They are so pretty, I love them :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:43:59 AM by Amy-Q »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 07:43:11 AM »
G3 birthflowers are probably harder to find because they were a store exclusive (TRU?  So a bit more expensive? Maybe Target.)  and a ton on people got them to be parts of collections, so not likely to be sold off when a kid purges her toys. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »
Nah, the G3 birthflowers were the same price as any "regular" G3.  I think the reason they're hard to find is that there were 12 in the set, hard to find one of each at the same time;  and limited to Toys R Us.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »
I found a gen 1 birth flower at a church yard sale this year.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 12:29:15 AM »
Nah, the G3 birthflowers were the same price as any "regular" G3.  I think the reason they're hard to find is that there were 12 in the set, hard to find one of each at the same time;  and limited to Toys R Us.

Agreed! I also didn't think they were in stores all that long either. I remember buying a couple one trip, then waited like a month and went back and they were gone.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 09:48:05 AM »

LOL! I do think this is true :)

As others have said, try not to read too much into what an ebay seller is perhaps claiming in an auction title. There are plenty of SUPER RARE HARD TO FIND OOAK Cotton Candys out there :P

G1s are hard to find but not the most popular release (and their repetition of design often means people only want 1 oe 2 rather than all 12 of them) and they are not as rare as other mail orders. So harder to find yes but I would not say rare.

G3s I think do reach into the rare category; at least if you are comparing them to the rest of the G3 line. They get pricey but the nature of that generation means they are still reasonably priced.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »

LOL! I do think this is true :)

As others have said, try not to read too much into what an ebay seller is perhaps claiming in an auction title. There are plenty of SUPER RARE HARD TO FIND OOAK Cotton Candys out there :P

G1s are hard to find but not the most popular release (and their repetition of design often means people only want 1 oe 2 rather than all 12 of them) and they are not as rare as other mail orders. So harder to find yes but I would not say rare.

G3s I think do reach into the rare category; at least if you are comparing them to the rest of the G3 line. They get pricey but the nature of that generation means they are still reasonably priced.

Okay, thanks!  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal