collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Tootsie

have her
33 (37.9%)
have Euro release
11 (12.6%)
have a nirvana
7 (8%)
want her
6 (6.9%)
want Euro release
10 (11.5%)
want a nirvana
7 (8%)
army
1 (1.1%)
Let me think just a bit more today
11 (12.6%)
she's new to me
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: November 14, 2015, 03:05:03 PM

Author Topic: POTD 11/11/2015 Tootsie  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 11/11/2015 Tootsie
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 11:08:28 PM »
My first green pony! Wish they'd had more of them. The white versions are quite fetching too.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 11:26:54 PM »
I'll pass, she's never really appealed to me. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 02:12:36 AM »
Tootsie is definitely one of my favorites!
When I was 19, I found a very sad Tootsie over at my ex his house. She was misshaped and I wanted to fix her. She got me back into collecting again.
I still have that one (sadly I painted her all white, maybe I should try to get that off and really fix her this time).
I didn't like her that much in the beginning, I thought her design was a but boring, until I found out that she had some really awesome variants. I hope to have all variants one day, but some are just so rare, like the Italian white one with purple hair, or the green one with red hair..

Top row:
White Tootsie with Sundance her head and tail, rehaired Tootsie, Tootsie money bank and Tootsie porcelain

Middle row:
Yellow Peru Tootsie, green Peru Tootsie, regular green Tootsie and Spanish Tootsie (marked Spain)

Bottom row:
Yellow Venezuelan Tootsie, SB yellow Tootsie, SB green Tootsie, regular white Tootsie and Italian white Tootsie

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 04:53:22 AM »

I like the spanish one most, her green is so pretty!

Me too! It's such a nice shade :)

I have an army of varations of Tootsie! Will hunt out a pic when I get home.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 04:58:53 AM »
Nope, Toostie is a deffinate no go for me. I had one once but sold her on instantly (sha came in a lot ) worst pose, worst colours. I think the white version is nicer but ... Sorry Tootsie :(

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 08:40:29 AM »

I have her as a US and an Italian. I love the white versions of her. It took me a while to wam up to the US one. When I found out there was the white euro/UK version I fell in love! She comes in quite a variety!

Not UK, just Euro ;) We only had green Tootsie in the UK (Strawberry Reef is wrong, unless it's been corrected since last I saw it!)

I have the good ol' green one of course. My sister has a few of them actually, she likes Tootsie. I think I have her UK backcard too but I'm not sure if I have her American one...I think that's just Cherries Jubilee I have both for?

I have the Hong Kong white one. She came from Holland, in a trade from a lovely lady called Lieneke who some folk may remember if they've been here a long time.

I also have the Italian white one, again from the same kind of time period, but I don't remember who she was from.

I don't have any of the more obscure Tootsies, though. I leave that to Lady G ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 09:45:04 AM »
I guess I´ll want her eventually to complete my collection, but as of today I´ll pass. Her colors don´t appeal to me, in any variant, but the pose is even more off putting to me. The head just looks slightly to big for the body.
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 10:10:51 AM »
One of the few ponies I didn't want as a kid because . . . I hated Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pops, lol!

Not a fan of that shade of green, especially not combined with pink (from her lollipops).  I wish they'd made her an emerald green like Hip Hop or the color of Mint Dreams or . . . pretty much any other shade of green.

I like the white variation though. ;)

Edit:

So I googled around for the origin of the word "tootsie" in relation to candy, figuring it used to be a generic word for a sweet.  But actually it wasn't associated with candy until the invention of the Tootsie Roll, named after the inventor's five year old daughter.  (Her real name was Clara but she was nicknamed Tootsie.)

I'm surprised they used a name so closely associated with one company / branded snack for a pony.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:25:43 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 11:26:54 AM »
I have her in green. :)

I always thought I would prefer to have her in white, but the green has grown on me, and now the white version looks too blah.

I agree! I bought the Italy white one for someone else for a swap but I never really took to her.  My swap partner thought she was a UK pony probably due to SR and although she wasn't easy to track down I did in the end.  I like a challenge  ^.^

Anyway, I still love my green girl.  I bought her from SarahBee and she's very minty.

Post Merge: November 12, 2015, 11:30:28 AM

So I googled around for the origin of the word "tootsie" in relation to candy, figuring it used to be a generic word for a sweet.  But actually it wasn't associated with candy until the invention of the Tootsie Roll, named after the inventor's five year old daughter.  (Her real name was Clara but she was nicknamed Tootsie.)

I'm surprised they used a name so closely associated with one company / branded snack for a pony.

I think there are a lot of links between the food industry and the toy industry and wouldn't be surprised if that was a business arrangement!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:33:13 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 11:54:13 AM »
Not a big fan of her or her pose so I'll pass.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
have her and love her :)

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »
I have regular green Tootsie and a white version of her, and I love them.  I love the colour of her mane and tail and I think she's really cute :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »
You know, she was one of those ponies that didn't really appeal to me until I suddenly got her for really cheap, just for the sake of completion. Then I fell in love once I got her... I just love her unique color combination!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »
I have her... she's beheaded, a little chewed and has had a big haircut though...

Also, I didn't know she was supposed to be white in the UK? Did the UK get a green version as well? Mine is green.

Honestly, I'm not too bothered about her. She's ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal