collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When do you tell people what ponies you want for Christmas?  (Read 1551 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
When do you tell people what ponies you want for Christmas?
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:00:58 PM »
I know that November's barely even started and it's still a while away, but considering all of the toy sales that go on this month, I figured I might put together a list of some things I want so people (well, one person in my case) know what to look out for, particularly when there's a sale on and they can get something that would usually be out of their price range. On the other hand, it still seems like it's a little early to up and say what I want.

This is a little bit different for me, since usually I don't ask for specific things. I think the last time I actually made a list was when I was a child.

I was curious when you all start to make up a Christmas list to give to other people. Am I jumping the gun here?

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When do you tell people what ponies you want for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:30 PM »
I don't think it's too early to make a list- especially if the person you plan to give it to is expecting a list anyway. My husband has already started asking to be pointed in the right direction, pony-wise, but I haven't given him an actual list yet.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 05:48:46 PM »
I tell my husband not to get me anything. We spend plenty of money year round. I'm just happy to wake up with my family and have a quiet day. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »
I don't think it's too early, in fact, I think it's best to make a list early in order to get shopping done early.

I'm still young and live with my mother and by mid October she was asking me for my annual Christmas list. All of her shopping gets done November - very early December   :)

I also just prefer lists because I don't really like surprises, so I asks for lists from people and give them lists as well.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »
I just told my mother yesterday by sending her some ebay links, but I highly doubt I will get any.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:23:23 PM »
I start subtly hinting right about now...  :D

But my Christmas list doesn't actually get written until December.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 09:44:04 PM »
I keep a completely futile X-Mas specific wishlist on Amazon and I think I already send it to my family for this year, but I'll probably send it again later on. Usually it's the same items every year that no one ever buys me, and that I often end up eventually getting for myself. But I try. ;) We start shopping pretty early in my family, though, so that's why I send my list pretty early (though, like I said, no one ever actually buys anything off my list. I have no idea why I bother).

Side note: I guess it's nice that my mom often ends up buying me adult things like vacuum cleaners for X-Mas because I want to be a kid and only spend my hard-earned money on toys for the rest of my life. ;)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:45:39 AM »
My husband usually knows what we are missing and which ones we want! We only get them if they are on sale or if they are becoming are do we get them as gifts! Husband knows I want that Canterlot Castle playset, so that one may be what I get for xmas, either that or a Hikari.

As for relatives, inlaws only shop for me at hottopic for some reason LOL and each buy me a funko pony which is why I stopped buying the regular variants! I tell them im after the glittery ones too. This year I just told them to get me any of the Tsum Tsums at Target that way they can stop driving all the way out to the mall.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:49:55 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 07:10:15 AM »
I don't.  :P

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 07:31:26 AM »
I gave my fiancé my list mid October. We like to shop early to avoid the stress of packages not arriving, getting lost and the general rush in town that happens at Christmas time. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
I try and tell my mum every year...every year she goes straight on to ebay and then comes straight back off and says "nope...no clue" :P I try and tell her abotu October...so far she is yet to buy anything :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »
I don't have to tell anyone.  They already know!   :biggrin:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »
My husband knows what I do and don't have when it comes to my collections- not just ponies (mostly because he's genuinely interested in what I get and I usually go to him first when I get something new). It's really helpful because he doesn't have to worry about not knowing what to get me, plus I always have my Amazon wishlist available to him (and he has his available for me), and we keep them updated.

As for my friends, they usually know what to get me. It helps that one of my best friend's is also a collector of pretty much the same things as me.

My family just gives me money or essentials for the house. :lol: I've never even bothered giving them a list (not since I was a kid).

You aren't jumping the gun though, I don't think. It's never too early for a Christmas list!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:32:22 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »
I don't have to tell anyone.  They already know!   :biggrin:

Oh hell, I need to get you something.  I blew my "omg this is awesome" gift on your birthday! 

Speaking of, do you need me to let you go through my pony room and pretend I don't know you're doing it?  Because I'll save you the trouble: I want a very nice Raspberry Jam upgrade or a MO Stockings (adult).  Thanks in advance!  ;) 

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »
Speaking of, do you need me to let you go through my pony room and pretend I don't know you're doing it?  Because I'll save you the trouble: I want a very nice Raspberry Jam upgrade or a MO Stockings (adult).  Thanks in advance!  ;) 

Dang, you read my mind!  Is your want list posted on here up to date?  Because...yeah.  You should work on that and make sure or I'll have Mr. Skeen send me photos of the pony room! 
 --------------------------------

I must say shopping for G1 collectors is hard!  I'm a bit envious of all you  G4 people that can go see all the pretties hanging at the store!  Definitely a plus when you can give family members and friends an exact location of where to get stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal