collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay's new seller restrictions?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Ebay's new seller restrictions?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
I learned a lot from this - my Dad has been considering setting up with ebay and I wasn't aware of this witholding thing, so I'll tell him.

I've been using Ebay a long time, but what I found is that, if you don't sell for a while, they start restricting how many listings you can make. When you have a 100% record going back to 1998, and you have literally one week in which you can list items and post them out, that's more than a little bit frustrating.  I have no idea what's inspired all of this, except a sudden influx of ebay usage, but with the funds, is it like the old escrow system?

It doesn't make sense to me, being that it's so easy to charge back with paypal (unless it's not so easy now Paypal and Ebay are separate entities)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 11:27:38 AM »
I thought I'd add some additional info which might be useful for others new to selling on eBay. it was surprising, and pretty annoying for me to find this out when I first sold on eBay myself (I have only sold 3 times and don't plan to make it frequent, even though all my 3 sales went well luckily):

your funds are not held back for 21 days if you provide a tracking number, but be aware that they do not accept any kind of tracking! I had a tracking number provided by the Hungarian Post on all my packages, however, upon trying to provide the number for the first sale I received the message that they can't accept it.
apparently they only accept tracking numbers from delivery companies they know and do business with (I'm sure there is a list somewhere, I didn't go into details so I'm not mentioning any specific companies), so some countries' local posts' tracking numbers might not work (again, I only know that it does not work for Hungary - it might work for your local post, but better to be aware than be surprised and annoyed ;) ).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:29:09 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 12:06:55 PM »
Do they hold folds on all accounts, I have never had my funds held, but I have been on ebay since about a year after it started, if that long.  Either that or I never noticed it.  I sell in spits and spurts but can do about $500-1,000 during those selling bursts.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 10:31:19 AM »
Do they hold folds on all accounts, I have never had my funds held, but I have been on ebay since about a year after it started, if that long.  Either that or I never noticed it.  I sell in spits and spurts but can do about $500-1,000 during those selling bursts.
I'm only suspecting this, but they might work differently for a seller who is already established and reputable like you. in a way it would make sense from eBay's PoV to set up further restrictions to newer sellers like me who only had these 3 sales ever. or maybe it also has to do with that all my sales were international.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal