collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Getting to know you!  (Read 3158 times)

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Getting to know you!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
I grew up in Scotland, but live in London now. I got married in Stockholm this summer, and have also met the Swedish actor Krister Henriksson, although not at the same time :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
I try to enrich my community through working in museums. I studied biology and love the outdoors and wildlife. While studying I was abused by a male student in a house share and got PTSD as a result, but I still managed to finish my PhD. I trained to be a teacher but had to give it up after 5 years due to mental health problems relating to the PTSD.  I was homeless for a while but I've nearly finished decorating my flat and have done the work myself with help from my family. I've just started dating someone who I met ten years or so ago and we got in touch again recently. He's a lovely guy. Hopefully home, work and love will all come together now. Great to hear from everyone.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Annichen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Soft Pony
  • G1 MLP 4 life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 06:11:30 PM »
My story is long and rather depressing at times, it's been a bumpy ride but my love for things like MLPs have kept me going through it all.

Today I'm a film historian - I restore silent comedies and research the history of a forgotten comedian from the era.
I live in a large old house in the country together with my hubby and my little critters : 4 bunnies and a macaw.
The gloomy side is 15 years of health problems -- chronic migraines and I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years back after being seriously ill for several years. I didn't get treatment in time and still try very hard to repair the damages. It is not easy !

Apart from G1 MLPs I collect, Popples, Rainbow Brite, 80s Barbies of choice, Strawberry Shortcake, She-Ra, Jem..love Punky Brewster and 80s movies. You know -- fun, carefree colorful stuff.
I fill my house with antiques - the place looks like a 1920s jazz age flapper fabulous time capsule, and I wear a lot of vintage - mainly early 30s..love Pre Code 30s movies !!

I'm also vegetarian and quit wheat and it's done wonders - never touching that stuff again. I'm very health conscious - it's important. I want to collect ponies for as long as possible, lol  :biggrin:
What else..I just unboxed part of my MLP collection for cleaning and my bathroom is full of dirty Popples in need of a bath - yup, moving sucks !
Yeah..and I love rainbow hair. First time I dyed my hair pink was in 1986 - I was 9. Not very usual back then. I blame it on ponies  :happy:

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 06:11:57 AM »
im 35 but feel 25 in my mind !!!!! i also don't look my age ,i was asked last year if i wanted a teenager ticket in the pictures !!!!!

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »
° I collect not only MLP, but also; Puppy in My Pocket, Barbie (80/early 90's), Kinder Egg figurines and other toys I grew up with. (Late 80's/early 90's.)

° I'm kind of obsessed with American culture.. My favorite city in the world is San Francisco.

° I'm a tech nerd who gets excited about computers, cellphones and cameras.

° I'm a former TV junkie who still sees myself as a fangirl but fewer shows on my list.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal