collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Courier Hermes left Holly Dash MIP in my recycling bin. Guess what happened?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Yup, you guessed it. Bin was collected.  Ebay seller has now gone silent on the issue.  SHe says she checked the tracking and Hermes are claiming it was left in a shed, even though my slip says:= 'Left with your neighbour at: BLUE BIN'

Any advice would be gratefully received.  She's never coming back, but at least I could get my money back somehow?

Lots of good pony wishes

ArtiexXx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
I have no words :(
Unfortunately Hermes are shockingly bad and notorious for their bad service - I guess it wouldn't hurt contacting them about it, but I fear you might not get very far :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
what an amazingly dumb place to put something. you may be able to contact the recycling company too. they have to sort things, especially if they contain different plastics.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Ummm... what?  I guess it isn't the sellers fault.  Maybe open a case with Hermes.  You have the slip. 

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
The thing that I find the most disturbing about this is that the courier DROVE to your house.

That's right.  A person stupid enough to think a BIN is a "safe place" to keep a parcel is in charge of a vehicle.

COMING TO A STREET NEAR YOU!   :shocked:
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
I've had packets left in the bin too, but thankfully it wasn't bin day.

It is funny you should mention this as I got a Hermes packet this week and on the box was a sticker from the seller saying "please leave in a safe place, NOT the bin". This lead me to think that one of their packets had been "recycled" too.

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
that's...awful.
Totally not the seller's fault though, so I would contact the delivery company and deal with them. Was it insured?
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Yeah...Hermes and Yodel both are awful like this. Recently had Hermes leave a parcel "In your porch" (we don't have one). My sister came home and said they had tried to wrap the doormat around this huge parcel, just dumped on the doorstep. And then Yodel left my brand new phone next to it. No words.

The fact that it says blue bin is evidence enough. I really wish those companies would sort themselves out  :mad:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Hermes will only talk to the seller.  I'm going to open a case anyway and see what ebay and paypal have to say about it.  Thank you for your replies, at least now I feel like there are people out there who understand even if most of the world is crazy!  :cloud:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
I don't think you should open a case against the seller. It's not their fault at all. :( Just ask them politely to talk to Hermes.

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
If Hermes requires the seller to become active (by filing a claim or whatever), and the seller won't reply to any messages ... what option would there be other than opening a case?

Hope things will resolve fast for you!

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
If Hermes requires the seller to become active (by filing a claim or whatever), and the seller won't reply to any messages ... what option would there be other than opening a case?

Hope things will resolve fast for you!

Agreed.  It isn't the sellers fault the courier obviously has no reasoning skills.  But they chose using that courier over something more reliable.  And it's their job to get the claim paid for courier throwing parcel in the trash.  If they aren't responding any more, you have to open a claim. 

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
My husband and I absolutely loathe Hermes, we've never used them to send parcels but have had a number of terrible experiences with them trying to receive parcels!! Whenever buying anything now we always say we would much rather pay extra for Royal Mail tracked than go through the farce of trying to receive something through Hermes.
How frustrating for you and the seller, they definitely need to endeavour to get it resolved for you. And if Hermes won't deal with you then really you've got no choice but to file a claim with eBay whilst it gets resolved.
But it's just the frustration of the matter isn't it??!! *nods*

Boycott Hermes!!!

Jules x

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Thanks again for your support everyone. I will file a claim in a few days. My main issue is being denied Holly Dash in her packet. Wish I'd bought more at the time when in shops.  Eh, I'll get over it.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
I cant offer any better advice than what you've been given. The fault is really with Hermes   (really its ok to leave an item..in THE BIN??!!! :facepalm:  what kind of idiots are they?!!! :mad: )  not your seller but the seller will most likely have to sort it out with them (Hermes) and ..well.. they don't have a brilliant track record so ebay probably will have to sort it in the end.
 You should get your monies back (if you open a case they - ebay- will likely refund you themselves rather than the seller having to do it - true the seller chose hermes (hopefully they wont make that mistake again!!) but they did send you item and there is proof of that. :awake:
I would  contact the recycling company though as well - it has to be worth a try.
I'm so sorry hun... that was such an awful thing to have happen :sad:  Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal