collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay seller issue - unpaid item case??  (Read 501 times)

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
eBay seller issue - unpaid item case??
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
OK enough is enough and it seems like i'm getting nowhere with the eBay help team.

I've committed to buy an item (non-pony) on October 7th from a seller with decent positive feedback. Afterwards I tried to make the PayPal payment as usual but received an error message stating that the seller's PayPal account is unable to receive payment transactions at the moment. I immediately contacted the seller to rectify it and was told by them that their PayPal account is down and instructed me to continue the monetary transaction on their own website.

I was very cool about it at first, but I didn't want to proceed with that while the eBay transaction is active as I feel extremely insecure on my end as an eBay buyer. I clarified my issue with the seller and nicely requested them to cancel my purchase so I can proceed with purchasing directly from them instead. To cut the long story short, each time I message them to cancel my purchase I either get blatantly ignored or they repeatedly tell me to make the payment on their website.

Here's our message thread consisting of me talking to myself mostly:

Spoiler

Dear scr***,

Hello, I tried to make payment for this item via Paypal but I received a notification on-screen that your Paypal account is unable to accept payments. I've attached a screenshot of it for your reference - can you help rectify this please?

Thank you!

Dear sarah***,

Hi we are having paypal problems, currently the only way to complete thye transaction ius via our website (*ommitted out)

Dear scri***,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Does that mean I have to purchase the item through the website itself?

Dear sarah***,

Yes. The website is specifically for these products and the prices are all the same too.

Dear scri***,

Okay i'll do that. In that case, is it possible if you cancel this existing ebay transaction please?

Dear scri***,

Hello, following up on my previous message - any news on this?

Dear sarah***,

Paypal is still down and not likely to return, the only way to complete this transaction is via ** UK website.

Dear scr***,

From my understanding eBay doesn't encourage external payment transactions as a form of assurance and protection for both parties, so this existing transaction has to be cancelled first before I am able to proceed to purchasing directly from your website. I am unable to cancel this on my end as I can only open a case on October 17th, so I was wondering if you are able to cancel this as a seller?

Dear scr***,

I'm awaiting a cancellation request from you in the resolution centre, afterwhich i'll proceed to purchasing from your website directly. As a buyer i'm unable to send a cancellation request.
Thank you!

Dear scr***,

Hello again,

I've emailed eBay regarding this since I am unable to cancel this transaction as a buyer.
They advised to open a cancel transaction case on your end through the following steps:

1) Go to resolution center
2) Under the "Report an Unpaid Item" button
3) Enter the item number
4) Click the "Continue" button
5) Select "We have both agreed not to complete the transaction."

I hope you can follow through this please so I am able to proceed with purchasing this item from you directly from your website. I do not feel secure doing an external transaction while this eBay transaction is open - hope this is understandable! Looking forward to hearing from you soon in the next few days.

Thanks

At this point i'm already feeling VERY iffy and uncomfortable, and refuse to pay because from my understanding it's discouraged to carry out eBay transactions externally and also a violation for sellers to change payment method after the sale. I tried my best to contact eBay for help via email since the seller refuses to communicate with me but I received a typical cookie cutter response to my ordeal (the type of info you can easily find in their FAQ) which is not useful at all  :cry: I don't  even think they bothered to read what I wrote in the email.

And recently out of the blue (after days of zero further communication), an unpaid item case was opened against me by the seller.  :argh: :pullhair: :angry:  It's a total suckfest because I can't do anything about it but wait. My option is to wait for the seller to close the case so I can appeal for an unpaid item case. I have positive buyer feedback over the years and I don’t wish to have a strike on my account because of this. 

Does anyone have any advice on this??
I have never come across such a problem with sellers on eBay before

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: eBay seller issue - unpaid item case??
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »
I think it would be best if you called ebay. Emailing doesnt usually get you anywhere but when you actually get to talk to a person it does make a difference. I think you are right not to purchase the item from their website when you still have this one outstanding on ebay and making you look like a non payer and having a case opened on you due to something that is not your fault.
Finding the number for ebay can be a bit of a pain, as can holding for someone to answer but I really think you need to talk to someone there about this before it goes any further. Its not fair that the seller has opened a NPB case on you when it is their own fault (or the fault of their paypal being out of action) that you cant pay, and they have admitted as such. They should really have cancelled the transaction :(
please let us know how it goes :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal