collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC: Giant G3 Plush/Soft ponies - what do they go for and how many are there?  (Read 545 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
I have been looking for a giant G3 plush pony basically since they came out, and have realised that I'm moving house soon so I have a) an excuse, and b) will have the room for one. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I would like to know:
* What is the general value of one of the Giant ponies?
** Does this vary between characters/release waves?
* What is shipping like to the UK from Europe/USA for them STUFFED?
** Same as above, but un-Stuffed?

And on a general note, how many were released? Who were the characters and what were the differences between releases?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Ooooh....lets see

Other than the North American release of Frilly of course there was the below

Series 1 Rainbow Dash, Sweetberry, Minty

Series 2 (slightly smaller and came with butterfly wings) - Minty, Twinkle Twirl, Frilly Frocks

Series 3 (again still in the smaller scale but not with the wings) - Pinkie Pie, Minty, Wysteria

In addition there was also
- Kimono [Red Rooster competition]
- Starshimmer [give away for an event for the Starlight Foundation]
- Butterscotch [prototype]
- Starcatcher & Starswirl [they have never actually been seen in person...only ever in prototype images so at least 1 of her exists or did exist]

General value of the more common finds is anything from $100-150 (although they often sell within Australia and NZ at much lower prices).
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
You're a star, thank you Hathorcat! :) I now know what to budget for.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
I just recently sold one so I can answer the postage cost question.

Sending them stuffed from Australia is essentially impossible. Australia Post has size restrictions that these ponies exceed, otherwise it would be quite reasonable. I found the only way to post these plushies stuffed would be through a courier and their prices were all over the place, averaging $500-1000.

Destuffed is easy. Once destuffed the thin ponies weigh under 2kg, the thicker fluffed ones are heavier into the next weight range if I recall correctly. Pricing can be between 40-60 depending on tracking and insurance etc.

All these prices are in AUD, which is particularly weak at the moment so it's a good time to buy. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I purchased a giant Minty on behalf and posted it to the US a couple of years ago.  At the buyer's request I destuffed all except the head.  I can't remember the weight but it cost around $75 NZD to send.  Minty herself cost $50 NZD I think.  Shipping fully stuffed would have been extremely difficult and expensive.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal