collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some help if you have a moment  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Some help if you have a moment
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:27:29 PM »
Okay, I need a little with a pricing idea - some of you know my daughter Clonecommander is a Girl Scout and just officially earned her Gold Award.  Part of the that project was to have our town install a fence to replace rotted out/missing guard rails.   Which they did, but it kind of took a long time.  My sister who recently passed away had wanted to donate the money to cover that, sadly she never got the chance.  So now Anna has to raise the last bit of funds, as she used what she had to cover that.  To that end we are making photo cards, both 3"x5" and 4"x6" in sets, based on photos we have taken in and around the pond the last few years.  She also did a lovely water color of an Osprey in flight that we are having prints made of.  The photos are all nature such as birds and water fowl, fungus, turtles, frogs and maybe the seasons on the pond.   The cards will most likely be in sets of 4 or 6.  I have no clue is how much to ask for them.

The print if I remember the size stock the printer had is 11"x14 or 17.  Again not sure how to much ask for it.

Of course since it is from Girl Scouts all prices have to be suggested donation, but I want to try and be fair but yet get her the money she needs to be done.

Thanks for any input, have some :cookie: or  :wine:
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
Re: Some help if you have a moment
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:27:47 AM »
Pricing is always such a tough area for me. You don't want to under-sell your work, but you also don't want to over-charge and have people think 'really??'
Also not seeing the art and photos themselves, it's hard for me to suggest a specific price for you. But you definitely want to make some money beyond the cost of printing, as well as the time you'll spend trying to sell. Were you thinking of setting a table up somewhere to sell, or just word of mouth?

If you're setting up a table, maybe set out a big sign for what the money will go to (like say it's for Girl Scouts Gold Award, the project she is paying for, and the amount you need to raise, like a thermometer graphic you can mark each time you make a sale). Then keeping it open to donations where the buyer can pick the price? People will probably tend to pay a fair amount if they see it's all going to a good cause! Maybe throw in an extra like a matte for the print if they'll pay $5 more? Maybe also you can put out smaller items with a set price that are cheap (like baked goods or little easy crafts) to draw people in for the lower priced item, which will then cause them look at the art.

Just some suggestions - hope they help! Good luck :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:30:43 AM by Medley79 »
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:41:49 PM »
Thank you for your ideas, we are not going to be able to set up anywhere.  Mostly they will be advertised via my FB page (she does not have one) and on here and another site. 

As to matting the prints I am trying to avoid that since it will make shipping harder, I have tubs to mail rolled prints in.

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 08:49:38 PM »
To encourage donations, I would suggest the $5 increment rule.  $5 for the smaller and $10-$15 for the larger.  If you have enough pictures you might want to look into doing a calendar which people tend to pay $5-$10 for as well with things like that.

Though I would also say that it depends on the price of each print because you'll need to cover that.  And don't forget your shipping supplies as well.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »
Thanks for your input.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal