collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 33449 times)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap - partners assigned - Lets shop!
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
I finally updated my original post on page 6 with all the group questions!

Saw something fun for my partner today, but I have to wait until payday to get it!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2015, 02:41:37 PM »

Happy Birthday!! love having my birthday off.

so partner everything should arrive by wed, except your extra.... it's still clearing customs. i hope it's worth it. otherwise i might pick up another small ornament if it takes too long. it is just an extra. so can be replace.
how do you feel about that?

well the post office got me again. the extra came today, but the last items haven't yet. once they get here i'll be picking up some edible treats and sending the box off. well after wrapping of course.
think i mentioned it before, but i found some awesome vintage wrapping paper i'll be using to wrap the main presents and something else to wrap the extras. woot!!

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2015, 07:02:52 PM »
Wow rosierjay, you are on top of things! I need to get cracking on mine! :lol:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2015, 07:36:04 PM »
Wow rosierjay, you are on top of things! I need to get cracking on mine! :lol:
i'm only allowing myself to do one buying swap this year. so i have alot of time to go toward it.
been finding really good deals, so it might look over budget, but if it is its probably only a dollar or so.
like i totally forgot i'll have to get ornament hooks. so that will put me a little over budget.....
so they won't be fancy ones sorry partner.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2015, 07:59:42 PM »
^ same with my box! it will look like I spent a lot but so many sales everywhere im actually still under my budget! xD I did spend way more than $5 in candy/extras though!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2015, 08:04:29 PM »
Lol I'm going to end up with three of the same ornament. So the missing ornament I bought for my partner (actually got two so I could have one). The seller decided to send two new ones as the others are still lost and she opened a case with USPS. But before I knew she could replace them, I ordered one from a different seller so my prtner could still get the ornament. So I'm going to end up with three of them lol. One for partner, one for me, and an extra :P

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »
Catching up on questions!

What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid? I like fruity scents and fall smells like cinnamon. I am not so keen on floral scents

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?
I love love lush especially their christmas bath bombs and bubble bars

What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?
Anything my partner wants to include will be great!

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?
I love G1 puffy stickers and a have a list of the ones I have in my wish list link in my signature
G1 brushes, ribbons and combs are always welcome
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2015, 12:16:56 AM »
Guess what, partner? All your arriving-by-mail ornaments have been ordered. Still may find a thing or two locally if something catches my eye. We shall see. :)

Now to watch up on questions (I spent the last two days drawing and coloring my cards for the card swap.)

What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid?

Scents I like: chocolate, coconut (I know, makes no sense!), Mango, Strawberry, Peppermint, cinnamon.

Scents I don't like: Anything really musky or heavily floral.

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?

Going to check the link. I'll get back to you, promise.

What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?

The only thing I would prefer that no one send me is tinsel since my mom says it can harm our dogs. Apparently one of our previous dogs, a Corgi named Cuddles, ate it and had to be taken to the vet.

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?

A g1 brush or comb would be neat to sit with my various g1 ponies. I've started collecting the g3 jewel symbol ponies. So far I have Periwinkle, Crystal Lace, Gem Blossom and Twilight Twinkle. I'm not sure how pricey they are (I found three of the four at Value Village and the fourth was a gift) but they're an idea. I also love pony stationary, stickers and coloring books.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2015, 04:43:00 AM »
Look what showed up outside our apartment building today.  There is going to be 50 of these all decorated out there by November 25.  Pretty excited!

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2015, 06:21:39 AM »
Wow!   Xeevee! That has to be awesome, being in the same area where about 50 christmas trees are going to be decorated! Imagine all the lights! :3 I'm such a kid, lol.
:frolic:

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2015, 07:15:00 AM »
I know!!  I am so excited about it.

I posted that photo above because I thought they were done for the day.  They were not!

Princess Lala

« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2015, 07:35:40 AM »
DROOLING OVER HERE!!  :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

You are so lucky! Aaaaah look at the architecture of those buildings! I just love that style!!! Germany is so beautiful!!! :biggrin:

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »
I know, right?!  We arrived here at 1am, and I was like... No, we don't live here.  This place isn't real.  It is just staight up, picture book stunning here.  I will post some pictures of my building tomorrow maybe.  It's actually a tourist attraction, so I will often look out and see people taking pictures of it.  But it's owned by the University and used as housing for visiting scholars, and that's why we're here so... Score. 

And when I found out that the Christmas markets are held just outside the door, I literally squealed with excitement.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2015, 11:15:49 AM »
Oh wow, xeevee -- that is super cool!

I'll be updating my questions later -- I have a lot to do right now. But I promise I'll do it! ;)

Princess Lala

« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
Im beyond trilled to see more pictures!!!  I just LOVE learning and seeing RL photos of Areneans in other countries! Do you and your family constantly travel the world!? Like the Thornberries? xD Aaaaah im so jeally you have been everywhere! Im 24 but I feel like im missing out!  My first country I would love to fly to see is Japan. I have crossed the border to Ontario and I have driven to a beach pretty much a few miles from Mexico, but I feel like Japan will be the first country besides layovers on Asia to visit!!! Then to Sweden! I would also LOVE to see Disneyland, Paris!

As far as ornaments I found some that double as extras and candy so I plan on picking those up! :3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal