collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 33406 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap - sign ups closed - working on partners
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2015, 05:39:05 AM »
Everyone should have their partners now.  Pretty sure I didn't screw up at all.  I get so scared I'm going to give two people the same partner by mistake.

Anyway... if you see any glaring errors let me know. 

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap - partners assigned - Lets shop!
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2015, 06:51:15 AM »
Love my partners likes!

*starts planning*

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2015, 07:40:08 AM »
Yay! So exciting!!! Time to start shopping ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2015, 08:25:33 AM »
Got my partner!!! Time to shop :D

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »
1. What colours do you prefer:

I'm traditional so I think the colors for christmas should be red, green, white, gold and silver

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

I'am a non-denominational christian so religious ornaments I'm cool with, but I just don't go after these kind of ornaments, or else I like how it looks.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

I have two trees:

The small one has Natural Rustic theme ornaments ( think cabin in the woods: ornaments that are made out of wood or tree bark, rusty-looking metal, fake greens and berries....That sort of thing! ) 

The Larger one has reindeer and horse theme ornaments ( like breyer horses, carousel horses, rocking horses)

I do also collect hand blown ornaments as well, and some novelty ornaments like harry potter, star wars, breyer horses, my little pony, jurassic park/ Dinosaurs, Jingle Beanies.

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

To be honest there is no candy out there I would not eat ( I mean I LOVE CANDY! ) but there is candy out there I find disgusting!

Likes: Skittles ( all favors), Mint candy ( like Yorks), Coconut candy ( like Almond Joys and Mounds), Gobstoppers, Bottlecaps, Sour candy, gummy candy, Butterfingers, Kit- Kats, soft peppermint sticks/ puffs, Paydays, Mike & Ikes ( all except original ), Crispy M&Ms, Maple Nuts, Circus peanuts, Cinnamon slices/ bears, Fruit snacks ( even though they aren't candy, lol ), Peeps Marshmallows, Twix, Reese cups, Weithers Caramel Apple candies,  Nerds, Laffy Taffy ( banana, Caramel apple, blue raspberry, and strawberry ), Fruit favored Tootsie Rolls,  Caramel Apple suckers,  spearmint candies, wintergreen candies, Hershey's Chocolate, Jelly Belly Jellybeans.

Dislikes: Black Licorice, Snickers, Milky ways, Hard peppermint candies/ trees ( these are too strong in favor comparing to the soft ones ), Cream-filled Caramels, cheap and European chocolate, Original Mike & Ikes, Smarties, Baby Ruth, Chocolate Tootsie Rolls,  Bee brand cheap dollar store candy , 3 Musketeers.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

Well it depends on my partner, but I LOVE being spoiled so lots of ornaments sound good to me, lol.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

Yes! I love hand-blown ornaments in fact I get them:3

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

OMG! I'm a mass collector of things. This is some of the things I collect:

My little pony ( G1, G2, G3, G4 ), horses ( especially breyers and grand champions ), unicorns, pegasus, dragons, jurassic park dinosaurs, star wars, wolves, seahorses, dolphins ( once in awhile ), precious and semi-precious stones, rocks and minerals, model dinosaurs and horses; like Schleich, Papo, and Safari Ltd ( be careful! I do have several horses, mostly foals, from Schleich, but I don't have any from 2015 yet ), native american stuff, deer ( once in awhile ), maple leaf shaped things.

Oh yes! I want my collections reflected on the extras (if you can) I'll try to help the best way I'm can/ allowed.   The ornaments must reflect on my themes.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

No, not that I know of

**Ornaments Q&A**

Favorite Licensed Characters?

MLP:
G1: Moondancer, Firefly, Glory, Applejack, Galaxy, Gusty, MB Tornado, Rainbow Curls, WW Cool Breeze, TE Sky Rocket
G2: Princess Silver Swirl, Moon Shadow
G3: Sparkleworks, Silver Glow, Star Catcher
G4: Zecora, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Moon

Harry Potter:
Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and the Main 3

Star Wars:
Queen Amidala, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker

Favorite Animals?

Horses, Wolves, Dolphins, Whales, Snow Leopards, Seahorses, Deer, Dinosaurs, Mystical animals, Zebras,

Handmade Items?

Nope! Not this time

Do you have Pets?

Yes! Cats

Allergies?

Nope

Extras?

Scented candles:
Pumpkin spice, Cinnamon, any Apple scents, Vanilla,

Scented Oils:
Cinnamon and Nutmeg, Apple Cinnamon, Sandalwood, Cinnamon

Incense:
Sandalwood, Dragon's Blood, Nag Champa,Vanilla, Butt Naked ( Sorry! I didn't name it ^^; ) Coconut

Other:
Anything horses (figurines, toys, models, ect), wolf figurines, Star Wars figurines, Jurassic Park dinosaurs, Dragon figurines, small craft supplies, blind bags...Whatever in my collections and interests.     

Anything for family members?

You don't have to, but if you do; my sister is a goth so she likes anything dark and enchanting.  My aunt loves snowman and Minions. My dad likes Coca-Cola and Ohio State Buckeyes. My mom likes angels and snowglobes. My hubby likes peacocks and plenty of candy :3

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?
Well Christmas for my family don't start until the 24th and usually we go to a family christmas party. On the 25th we open the gifts slowly, but always save the very best for last so after dinner we open that one. Its the best way to enjoy Christmas all day instead of rushing though all the presents ^^

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?

I do not know because I never had any candy or treats from a different country apart from dolly mix.

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?

Oh! Yes, I'm an tea toker, and I love these teas, however I hate coffee, I can't stand the stuff, not even the smell of it! Yuck! I like hot chocolate ( don't matter on what kind ).

My favorite teas:
Chai  (Vanilla and Spiced); Bangle Spice and Madagascar Vanilla Red, Peach and Island Mango, Sweet Harvest Pumpkin.

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)

I wouldn't mind the cookies. I love Oreos :3

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ )

No

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/

No

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments

No

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?

Yes I like the box the be decorated it makes it more festive :3

Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?

Yes! I have the sitting G3 Pinkie pie that's holding a gift, the brushable sunny daze that holding a candy cane in her mouth, Breyer's Blue Pegasus, Hallmarks' Queen Amidala.   

Who are your favorite ponies?

G1 Moondancer
G2 Moon Shadow
G3 Silver Glow
G4 Princess Luna

What countries do you like treats from?

Don't matter

Do you have a link to share of a site where you have pictures of your collections, tree, pets, or anything else you want us to see (something like Instagram or Flickr)?

No not really I don't post what I have all over the internet, but if my partner wants to see pictures of what I have I can take pictures to show them...

if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see.

My cat's name is Patches, and I did post a picture of her somewhere else on here, but I can post some more of her here:

Spoiler

Post Merge: October 26, 2015, 09:04:20 AM

Update on questions, but how did it made it out like it's a quote I don't know since I didn't do it as a quote  :blink:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:05:39 AM by RandomPony »
:frolic:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2015, 01:45:08 PM »
TIME. TO. SHAAAAHHHHHPPPPPPP! :D

Post Merge: October 26, 2015, 01:51:13 PM

edit: AAAHHHH theres like a MILLION AND SIX things I could get my partner! Holy SQUEE it will be sooo hard not to buy clones of theirb ornaments for myself! Parnet, your shopping is easy but omg it will be sooo hard for me to choose which ones you will like most! Im going to the Christmas Emporium next week along with a few fun places I cant mention! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:51:13 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
Yay for partners:) I cant wait to shop xx

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »
TIME. TO. SHAAAAHHHHHPPPPPPP! :D

Post Merge: October 26, 2015, 01:51:13 PM

edit: AAAHHHH theres like a MILLION AND SIX things I could get my partner! Holy SQUEE it will be sooo hard not to buy clones of theirb ornaments for myself! Parnet, your shopping is easy but omg it will be sooo hard for me to choose which ones you will like most! Im going to the Christmas Emporium next week along with a few fun places I cant mention! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Christmas emporium?! That sounds fun!!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2015, 03:14:46 PM »
and let the buying begin. i think i've narrowed down about half of the box. just can't decide on the other half. and haven't even thought about extras yet.
how do you feel about halloween candy? i'll be shipping early, well as soon as everything arrives, but i'm not sure if you'd prefer to only have "Christmas" candy.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2015, 03:40:31 PM »
Got my partner, Yay!
I'll be updating my questions to add the group questions a soon as I can!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »
Oooh, this is going to be interesting. :) I have some ideas, but I'll have to see how they come together.

How do you feel about Halloween candy?

I'd have no problem with that. Halloween candy is awesome. :) Anyone else doing the day-after mad dash to get stuff when it first goes on sale? My mom and I do that every year and this year it's a Sunday so we're going early. :)

And I'm totally with you on wanting to get these out sooner rather than later. I'm not quite ready to start buying yet--need to do some looking--but I'm definitely going to be aiming to get my box out far before the deadline.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
eep!!! i had to stop.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2015, 08:41:46 PM »
Question: Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?

We have both. The larger full sized tree is going to be downstairs in the living room. It will contain my mom's traditional ornaments, home made stuff, etc. I'm also having a mini tree in my room for the first time this year. (Very excited!) That's going to have a blend of traditional beads, balls and bows contrasted with the ornaments I receive or buy for it. Both trees are (or likely will be in the case of my mini tree, since I haven't bought it yet) classic green.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2015, 12:47:44 AM »
added the additional questions to my first post! I hope I didnt miss any :P

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2015, 06:34:16 AM »
OH! PARTNER! I have at least something done or close to that already!  ;)

How do you feel about Halloween candy?

Candy is candy in my eyes, but I like the idea of having christmas candy in a christmas themed package ^^; It makes it more special! Plus! There might be a downside to that, it might get too old, and stale , and kinda nasty by the time you ship  :lookround:

Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?

I have both actually! The room literally looks like a forest, lol
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:36:16 AM by RandomPony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal