collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney swap?  (Read 2764 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Disney swap?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 12:39:28 AM »
I would love this to be pre christmas so I can do my shopping in Disneyland Paris when I go in November!  :sqs:

I was tempted to PM you about that, but considering how long my last box took to get to you the idea of combining that and Christmas mail scares me. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 06:31:26 AM »
I would be interested in joining as well. As for a time frame, it really depends I think. You could wait until after the holiday swaps are over, since they will be starting soon, or start in time to take advantage of some holiday savings that will be cropping up in the next month or so lol. I also like the $25 budget idea.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 06:37:50 AM »
This would be my first Arena swap ever so since I wouldn't be in any other swaps at the same time, the time frame wouldn't be a big deal to me unless I am between paydays when the deadlines come up. That being said I know that others may be in several swaps at the same time and if it's more convenient for the ones that are in multiple swaps at the same time to wait, it's okay with me. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:42:41 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »
I would love this to be pre christmas so I can do my shopping in Disneyland Paris when I go in November!  :sqs:

I was tempted to PM you about that, but considering how long my last box took to get to you the idea of combining that and Christmas mail scares me. :lol:

Yeah! you would probably have to ship now to guarantee christmas delivery!  :lol:
Shame you are a great swap partner though!  :hug:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 05:14:26 PM »
I might be interested?  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 09:11:22 AM »
Hm, so what would people prefer?

End of October
Start of November
Mid-November
End of November
December
January

?

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 06:52:36 PM »
I get paid once a month (on the 30th), so for me it would be best if the swap somehow lined up so I would be buying stuff around that time. :) So maybe my vote would be for mid- to late November? Of course, I also have to buy X-Mas gifts (as do most of us), so I don't really know how that would work out...

But that's just my cryptic point of view.

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »

Yeah! you would probably have to ship now to guarantee christmas delivery!  :lol:
Shame you are a great swap partner though!  :hug:

Yes, it's definitely the mail system--not either of us! :lol: The only way I'd be able to get a parcel to you at the right time is if Santa were real and he could bring it for me. I wish Canada Post had a middle ground between takes forever and costs 3x as much. Oh well. :)

As for the timing on the Disney Swap being discussed here, I just hope we are able to reach a decision. I have two of the three slots I can use for "Other Swaps" full right now since I'm signed up for Ornament Swap and the Sticker Swap is still one box short of being finished. I want to see what options are available as holiday swaps before I decide on the rest of my swap choices for the holiday season.

That leaves me somewhat torn. I think turning this into a holiday Disney swap, much as Icecreamgirl was looking for in her post on the swap form, would be neat if enough people have the room for it. But waiting would also be good so more people can join--provided the holiday swaps go well and don't keep everyone's limits full. From what I've looked at, there are generally quite a few and some of them are pretty neat. It would not surprise me to see some of us getting involved in multiple swaps this time of year.

Fortunately, we do have time to get feedback and make a decision. :) I suppose I'm going to have to be patient and see how this turns out. Then, if necessary, I'll make a decision about what I am doing.

Swap Wishlist

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 08:46:07 PM »
Lol I'm basically in agreement with Ladybastilla. I'd love to do this swap, but not sure depending on holiday swaps.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 10:09:28 PM »
jan. would be good for me, but i don't know if i can focus on it in dec. gotta make a star wars costume.
you could start it at the end of nov  and have it go till jan, so people can still shop the holiday sales, but not have to stress about standing in line at the post offices for an hour.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:25:32 PM by rosierjay »

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 11:38:36 PM »
It is probably better to wait until after the holiday swaps as this time of year is so busy for everyone. I think you are likely to get more people sign up in the new year and from a personal point of view it would be something nice to do after the christmas period. Saying that I would be sad that I missed the opportunity to shop specifically for my partner in disneyland but can still pick up some general bits to be included in my swap box  ^.^
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 07:56:06 PM »
I would possibly be interested in this swap! I love me some Disney, and it would be fun to get a Disney themed box. :) I personally wouldn't mind it happening around the same time as the Holiday Swap, but I'm open to whatever others decide.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »
In that case, how about January? Hopefully that won't interfere with many (if any!) other swaps, and hey - Maybe it'll even allow some people to snag an unwanted gift off eBay for their partner ;)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 01:20:58 PM »
January sounds good to me. A Disney swap should be a great way to beat back the mid-winter / post holiday blahs. :) I'm hoping to take part in the $15 Pony Swap and Tea & Chocolate Swap, in addition to the Ornament Swap I'm signed up for. I think adding anything else to my list would be pushing things a little.

Swap Wishlist

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 04:04:15 PM »
I'm down for January. Doing some Disney shopping for my partner would help with the winter blues, that's for sure. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal