collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gothic Sugar's Art thread new post 4/13/2016  (Read 3070 times)

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
Coloring book Re: Gothic Sugar's Art thread new post 2/28/2016
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 05:53:13 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm doing a few custom coloring pages as part of a trade with Ariana (hence the watermarks because this isn't free use line art).

I was wondering would be interested in coloring books?  I'm thinking of doing some more of these (that will be available for others to use) and getting them printed in an effort to help pay for my service dog this summer.

They'd be g1, g3, and g4.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Gothic Sugar's Art thread new post 2/28/2016
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »
Just curious. How is this a service dog fund? One for you? Also by portraits do you mean people? I'm not ready yet, but by August I'm looking to have my daughter's portrait done again. I have an oil painting from when she was four. I think seven is a good year for another, but I was hoping for a different medium. Pencils or watercolor.

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
Re: Gothic Sugar's Art thread new post 2/28/2016
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 07:15:33 AM »
Just curious. How is this a service dog fund? One for you? Also by portraits do you mean people? I'm not ready yet, but by August I'm looking to have my daughter's portrait done again. I have an oil painting from when she was four. I think seven is a good year for another, but I was hoping for a different medium. Pencils or watercolor.

Hi, thanks for you interest in what I'm doing.

I guess the link is kind of vague.  Essentially I am raising money for a service dog for myself.  As far as how this is a service dog fund, I'm not sure what you mean; maybe you're thinking of the huge community driven things instead of just one person doing it for herself?  Either way I'll try to explain.  I'm in the process of getting things organized to raise money for my own service dog.  I'll be selling art to include coloring books, more traditional types of prints, and original pieces as well as hand painted clothing, and accessories that I'll make myself.  I'm doing it this way because I never felt comfortable with the idea of taking donations (which I know is prohibited here, but this goes for other sites as well like indiegogo and gofundme) and would much rather offer a product or service in order to get the funds that I need.

I've been dealing with several chronic health issues that I won't go into here and talk about a little on the site that I'm setting up.  I'll be getting a service dog to assist me with the complications from that through a combination of owner and private training.  I do have a part time job which pays well, but it is not enough to get a service dog, gear, vet visits, and training.  Though I am putting money aside on my own as well.

When I say portraits, yes, I mean people as well.  They won't be photo realistic though.  I can do likenesses and I can do an anime style.
If you're interested in seeing more, then you can go to http://sugarpuppie.tumblr.com where I'll have updates when available.  There you can find out what breed I'm getting and what I'll be doing as I go along.  I'm hoping to document the entire process from fundraising to getting the puppy, training, and the final public access test.  When I've gotten a bit farther along with getting  my inventory of items together, I'll post more information here as right now the link just points to this commission thread with no real info.

Hopefully that cleared things up for you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:17:08 AM by gothicsugar »
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
New Art 4/13/2016
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 05:25:38 AM »
Sorry for the watermark, but these were custom coloring pages.  Would anyone be interested in this as a commission type?  I do plan on making full coloring books as well.

Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal