collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Articulated Ponies!!!  (Read 17875 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Articulated Ponies!!!
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2015, 06:20:23 PM »
@gabumon I definitely noticed when I got Buttonbelle the hair is different. Sounds like these are likely the same.  :|

@Yukiru even being a bjd collector myself, even before ponies, I still can't seem to like these jointed ponies....  I donno
can't seem to get past the peanut shaped bodies and crustacean-like legs  ^^;
I'm glad they are bringing you into G4 though!

I saw some of these for the first time in target yesterday, no Coco but mane 6, and even still I just am not digging the design.  -_-
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:08:19 PM by Flitter »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2015, 08:43:32 PM »
I can't wait til these arrive in stores. I ordered Coco from Amazon but decided to keep her MIB, if I see them in person I might buy another to play with. I would love if they created FS sized articulated ponies, that would be so cool!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2015, 02:15:34 AM »
may i ask which ponies you saw at Target.  besides Coco
Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle were the only other ones I remember. ^^;

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2015, 02:22:51 AM »
Open coco for customization. Found That the head comes off nicely and can easily be rehaired but the body will be a little more difficult to take apart I'm thinking I'll probably cut the tail off and just make a new tail stub, and glue it into the hole. Otherwise I'm not sure how these can be customized easily.  love to see what other people find, I'll try to post my pictures tonight, meaning tomorrow

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2015, 06:00:12 AM »
I haven't gotten these but in regards to the hair, i know that the G4 bagged ponies had non-nylon tails (possibly polypropylene,). Found that little information out with a dye test of one pony (Rarity was the test subject). Do you guys think that they may have switched to that kind of hair for these releases?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2015, 07:53:27 AM »
Open coco for customization. Found That the head comes off nicely and can easily be rehaired but the body will be a little more difficult to take apart I'm thinking I'll probably cut the tail off and just make a new tail stub, and glue it into the hole. Otherwise I'm not sure how these can be customized easily.  love to see what other people find, I'll try to post my pictures tonight, meaning tomorrow

My Coco just has a regular old screw holding her body together on her underside.  Are you saying that the body is also glued together? in addition to the screw?

I haven't gotten these but in regards to the hair, i know that the G4 bagged ponies had non-nylon tails (possibly polypropylene,). Found that little information out with a dye test of one pony (Rarity was the test subject). Do you guys think that they may have switched to that kind of hair for these releases?

What is the texture difference in polypropylene? I'm curious, how does the dye test work?

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »
Please post a WIP/tutorial thread! I wanna see how I can go about customizing one of these :)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2015, 09:29:45 AM »
These things look cuter every time I see them-  I think I really like them :D   I guess if one presented itself to me at Target I'd have a hard time not getting it...

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2015, 12:23:34 PM »
I'm trying to keep up, but is Texas one of the only places that have the articulated ponies!? I had no idea they are kind of hard to find for right now! They are everywhere here and we have had them since around Thanksgiving! Some are $7.99 and the slightly bigger accessory ones are $9.99 I think! Like every single Target has 6 different kinds! Allen, Fairview, Plano, Frisco, and Richardson  Targets all have em! I have only bought Coco and Twilight so far because I've been buying tsum tsums at Target! xD I have pictures on my IG but can post here if you guys want! I have pictures of all of them in-store
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:28:07 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2015, 01:17:40 PM »
I'm trying to keep up, but is Texas one of the only places that have the articulated ponies!? I had no idea they are kind of hard to find for right now! They are everywhere here and we have had them since around Thanksgiving! Some are $7.99 and the slightly bigger accessory ones are $9.99 I think! Like every single Target has 6 different kinds! Allen, Fairview, Plano, Frisco, and Richardson  Targets all have em! I have only bought Coco and Twilight so far because I've been buying tsum tsums at Target! xD I have pictures on my IG but can post here if you guys want! I have pictures of all of them in-store

It seems like a lot of stuff pops up in Texas (and California) earlier than here. I remember last year that someone found the Rainbow Power singles that never showed up anywhere else in the US but Texas.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »

My Coco just has a regular old screw holding her body together on her underside.  Are you saying that the body is also glued together? in addition to the screw?

mine was also glued together. i was kinda surprised.

any yeah i have a picture of it so far, but i'll keep yall updated on the progess. i'm going to try dying the pony itself, the plastic seems different so i'm curious to find out if it dyes evenly or at all.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2015, 05:20:51 PM »
What is the texture difference in polypropylene? I'm curious, how does the dye test work?
I threw away the tail but to answer your question, poly has a different texture for sure. It' a bit courser and not as smooth as Nylon. As for the dye test, poly will not take -any- dye. Normally someone would try normal Rit dye on ponies or hair. I tried RIT Dyemore for synthetics and it's supposed to work on synthetic materials.. Case in point, I could not dye my polyester ribbon with normal RIT dye but I was able to dye it with RIT Dyemore.. and I was able to dye a lock of holloween wig hair (which again will not take normal RIT dye)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,375358.msg1489519.html#msg1489519 that is the topic on the dye test.. I still need to do another test but I don't have another older Rarity to test with ^^;

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2015, 06:22:22 PM »
it sounds like fishing line to me.  :... (

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »
it sounds like fishing line to me.  :... (
Lol except Fishing line isn't brushable XD

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2016, 09:20:16 AM »
OK. Update.  The Pegasus Ponies that are poseable don't have poseable wings.  At least not the RD one with Red shoes.   :sad:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal