collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Azone Kinoko Juice Kikipop!  (Read 23445 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Azone Kinoko Juice Kikipop!
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2016, 10:38:40 AM »
In theory yes, but I've read and seen that a lot of wigs are kind of a miss because of the shape of her head. So I'd love some first person recommendations before I spend money on wigs just so I have a better chance of them working out :)

eta: Cancan just became my hero for modeling wigs on kikipops! http://cancan-jseries.com/collections/7-8-wigs
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:51:29 AM by NoDivision »

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2016, 06:53:23 PM »
When I rewigged Honey pink I used a 7-8 from leeke, it fit perfectly.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2016, 08:55:08 PM »

I've had  good luck with regular 7-8 wigs as well  :)

[/img]

If I recall right kinoko juice's resin dolls are one-offs and she only sells within Japan... So yeah. Hard to get. Just keep you eye out on Yahoo or other sites. There were two cat girls that sold on there in February...

Oooh- I think I know who bought the last two- Enaibi herself! (maker of her own incredibly infrequent and hard to lay hands on dolls).  Maybe she swapped for them!
They are so cute: https://www.flickr.com/photos/enaibi/26116467655/

So I found some good pre-fab cat girl ear options- but I wonder how hard it would be to make kitty feet? Probably a lot harder :D
Yeah she makes them in very limited runs and only sells to people in Japan. Honestly I find it a bit....racist? Like she has cancelled auctions before when she found out the buyer wasn't Japanese. Imagine people having here saying they would only sell dolls to white people etc, people would throw a FIT.

I do adore her sculpting though. The cat girls keep growing on me more and more  :shakefist: The ones in Enaibi's photos don't seem to be the same ones in the auction, they often do trades or gift each other dolls. The first 2 sold at 130,00 and 210,00 yen @___@ So unless you have a couple thousand dollars laying around to burn, it's a pretty lofty goal (this is also assuming you are Japanese or can convince a Japanese person to buy it for you)

I honestly doubt we'll be seeing a cat version Azone doll any time soon, though I would love to be wrong. I think the only reason she considered the idea at all with kiki is because recasters got their hands on a few kikis and they're now pretty widely available. I feel like she felt that if a lot of people were able to get them now anyways, she might as well reap some of the profits herself.

Personally I'm still waiting for my Chocolate bunny, checking my phone once an hour for any shipping notifications  >_< :lol:

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2016, 01:46:12 AM »
My jaw dropped when I saw those cat girls!  So stinkin' cute!  I hope Azone follows suit and comes out with a line of Kitty girls of their own!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2016, 02:05:09 AM »
The Azone girls are spreading like wildfire. I know two girls on the recast forum that sold their recasted kikis to buy Azone ones. They're adorable dolls and I think limiting herself to just Japan is more what caused people to buy the recasts. It's sad really. I knew I could never afford one of her dolls so the Azone's were a god send to me.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:19 AM »
The Azone girls are spreading like wildfire. I know two girls on the recast forum that sold their recasted kikis to buy Azone ones. They're adorable dolls and I think limiting herself to just Japan is more what caused people to buy the recasts. It's sad really. I knew I could never afford one of her dolls so the Azone's were a god send to me.

I was so sad to see that the Kinoko Juoice dolls were recasted.  it seems pretty horrible when a 2-artist team gets their designs jacked.  I wonder if that is why they agreed to let Azone mass produce them. 

I want one of Enaibi's dolls too, but I can see why she stopped making her dolls to anyone but very trusted artist friends- people are SOOOOO entitled - she has been repeatedly told that if she doesn't make more dolls than her designs will be recast and it will be her fault.  I read that and was like WTF?  I mean, yes I know a lot of people love and want her dolls, but to make such demands and threats on an artist?  It's not like these people are Mattel.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2016, 10:52:02 AM »

I've had  good luck with regular 7-8 wigs as well  :)

[/img]

If I recall right kinoko juice's resin dolls are one-offs and she only sells within Japan... So yeah. Hard to get. Just keep you eye out on Yahoo or other sites. There were two cat girls that sold on there in February...

Oooh- I think I know who bought the last two- Enaibi herself! (maker of her own incredibly infrequent and hard to lay hands on dolls).  Maybe she swapped for them!
They are so cute: https://www.flickr.com/photos/enaibi/26116467655/

So I found some good pre-fab cat girl ear options- but I wonder how hard it would be to make kitty feet? Probably a lot harder :D
Yeah she makes them in very limited runs and only sells to people in Japan. Honestly I find it a bit....racist? Like she has cancelled auctions before when she found out the buyer wasn't Japanese. Imagine people having here saying they would only sell dolls to white people etc, people would throw a FIT.

I do adore her sculpting though. The cat girls keep growing on me more and more  :shakefist: The ones in Enaibi's photos don't seem to be the same ones in the auction, they often do trades or gift each other dolls. The first 2 sold at 130,00 and 210,00 yen @___@ So unless you have a couple thousand dollars laying around to burn, it's a pretty lofty goal (this is also assuming you are Japanese or can convince a Japanese person to buy it for you)

I honestly doubt we'll be seeing a cat version Azone doll any time soon, though I would love to be wrong. I think the only reason she considered the idea at all with kiki is because recasters got their hands on a few kikis and they're now pretty widely available. I feel like she felt that if a lot of people were able to get them now anyways, she might as well reap some of the profits herself.

Personally I'm still waiting for my Chocolate bunny, checking my phone once an hour for any shipping notifications  >_< :lol:

Enaibi isn't Japanese tho. I wonder if the refusing to sell to some people outside Japan has more to do with a feeling of not being able to trust them after the whole recast thing.

I have a feeling if Azone were to do cat ones it would just be a cat outfit. Which actually would be better because fuzzy.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
Oh probably- I mean the bunny ones seem to have sold out instantly after all!

Turns out that getting cat ear parts (for magnetic attachment to the doll) is pretty easy! I am considering now which company I want to order from, there are a lot of options!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2016, 05:02:49 PM »
I bet if we stuck magnets in her head, it would be easy to use BJD animal parts.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2016, 09:42:26 AM »
Or wig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
Speaking of wigs...
If we take one off and want to put it back on-- does it stay? Or does it need Velcro or something.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2016, 09:53:33 AM »
Speaking of wigs...
If we take one off and want to put it back on-- does it stay? Or does it need Velcro or something.

I find the wigs always slide around on plastic or resin dolls-  wig caps work wonders. http://www.denverdoll.com/wigcapsdome.php

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »
I second silicon wig caps! They work wonders.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
I'm so lazy about my wig caps, after someone on the forums tipped me off I just use white balloons. $1 for a big pack of them, can cut them to any size you need. Voila!

In other news, my bunny has shipped!!  :freak: She just cleared customs!  :frolic:

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2016, 02:54:52 AM »
Clear rubber bands work too!

At least the wigs have elastic on them.

Congrats on your bunny girl!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal