collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your worst/weirdest date?  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Your worst/weirdest date?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 01:19:49 AM »
We don't date in Sweden so I don't have any stories really but I love to read all of yours. :)

If you never go out with anyone one-on-one, how do you meet your significant others and fall in love? :shrug:

I don't have any bad stories. I went on a couple slightly awkward blind dates almost 20 years ago, but nothing embarrassing or upsetting happened. I barely remember them.

Usually we meet someone at a nightclub/bar/friends party, find a person interesting and hook up right away ;). The "dates" usually happens after we're already an established couple. I did meet my current boyfriend online, but first time we met irl I went to his place and stayed for 14 hours. Two days later he came to me and stayed not entierly as long but almost. Our first visit outside of anys home (like the movies) happened like two months into the relationship.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 07:27:39 AM »
We don't date in Sweden so I don't have any stories really but I love to read all of yours. :)

If you never go out with anyone one-on-one, how do you meet your significant others and fall in love? :shrug:

I don't have any bad stories. I went on a couple slightly awkward blind dates almost 20 years ago, but nothing embarrassing or upsetting happened. I barely remember them.

Usually we meet someone at a nightclub/bar/friends party, find a person interesting and hook up right away ;). The "dates" usually happens after we're already an established couple. I did meet my current boyfriend online, but first time we met irl I went to his place and stayed for 14 hours. Two days later he came to me and stayed not entierly as long but almost. Our first visit outside of anys home (like the movies) happened like two months into the relationship.

That's the way I like to do it! (well not meeting at nightclubs/bars/parties. Not really my thing. =/)

In reality, I've never even had a date outside of a relationship. The idea is rather strange to me. From this topic, it sounds like these random dates don't go very well, too.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2015, 08:04:27 AM »
I've had many movie romance like dates. Better than the movies. :) I've dated some very charming men. Maybe we should have a good dates thread! :)

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2015, 12:21:48 PM »
I've had many movie romance like dates. Better than the movies. :) I've dated some very charming men. Maybe we should have a good dates thread! :)

I've had some great dates too! Like that idea!  :)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 11:05:36 AM »
When I was in college, I approached a guy that I had a mad crush on in middle school.  He was a year older than me and I was way too shy to ever approach him in middle school.  Fast forward ten years later and I had the guts to talk to him.  He was receptive and we made plans for a date.  He picked me up and was so charming.  Then we went to the Mall of America.  We saw a movie and got cozy, then it got weird.  He suggested we eat at Hooters.  I made a face but he insisted that it was because they had REALLY good food.  I agreed and it turns out he really was into the food and didn't ogle or stare at any of the waitresses.  Still, with all these tiny tanned bodies, around, I lost my appetite.  We had a few more dates, but it fizzled out pretty quickly.  All in all, it was a positive experience, I suppose.  My middle school self would have been so stoked to know that I would someday get busy with my crush in the back of his truck.   :biggrin
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
I got one!

EDIT: Ive only been with the guy who im married to now. Im glad we kicked off but that doesnt mean weird things cant happen.  :blush:

My husband did something really romantic this year on valentines day, but he also really messed part of it up! xD He took me to the Dallas aquarium (this was waay early in the day before he proposed to renew our vows at Disney) and I LOVE aquariums. I was having a good time making kissy faces at the sharks and petting a stingray. It was a blast and most of the fishies would follow me around! I even saw sea ponies there!!! BUT. BUT BUT. For some reason they had a *gulp* sloth.... a freeroaming one in a designated area that we were both unaware of. Im TERRIFIED of them, dont ask, idk why i just do. They are yucky, gross, not cute, creepy, so much uuuugh. Anyways, I didnt see him and my husband starts asking me to take my picture. He told me to smile as happy as I could and I saw that THING next to my face and SCREAMED. He took a picture of me doing it and I ran off crying. He was laughing so hard chasing me he had an asthema attack while still laughing and I was hitting him on the chest telling him how cruel he was. Everyone turned around and looked at us and there was even this annoying special needs kid in a wheelchair making loud weird noises throughout the tour in front of us who kept quiet and just starred at us while it was going on (bless the kids heart, but oh dear he was so so noisy.)  I will never forget that kids face. Several people asked me if I was ok. OMG I cried for hours..... just as I stopped we went to the gift shop and my guy threw one of the large sloth plushies at me and yelled, "Lari, look out! He's.coming for you again!" and I screamed again and flailed my arms around- and there was my husband, on the floor laughing so hard you couldnt even hear him laugh. Happy Valentines Day to Lala!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Luckily later that day at an expensive italian resruraunt my husband did the vow renewal proposal with my new ring in a life-scale cinderella slipper in size 4  which then he slipped it on my foot!!! It made the day sooo much better.

BUT THAT NASTY THING WAS NEAR MY FACE OMG!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:50:20 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »
Bethy: I could probably do a Hooters date if I was comfortable with my date but not as a first time thing. Like I've been in relationships where we both would check out girls and be like "she's hot!" because we were both confident in our feelings for each other. However the food there is not my cup of tea, and neither are the girls really. DId you tell the guy you had a crush on him in middle school?

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
I did tell the guy about my crush, and he was flattered.  I could handle going to Hooter's with a boyfriend that I was comfortable with and that I knew was more into me than the waitresses.  However, a first date is already full of anxiety so it was just weird.  I wasn't impressed by the food, and I think what made me most uncomfortable were the other customers who were making comments on the waitresses and just being obnoxious. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »
The Hooters story reminds me of a bad date my best friend had with her boyfriend recently.

One night they were deciding where to eat and since they were both tired they wanted to go someplace nearby. They live close to a large shopping center with lots of very good restaurants but her boyfriend decided that this was the day they were going to go to Hooters and he would not change his mind. Apparently his mom and grandpa took him there a lot when he was young so he really liked the food and had a lot of good memories of going there, and he always felt it was a family place. My friend didn't agree, saying that the only people that go there are loud guys that like sports and looking at dumb, busty waitresses. She mentioned that even the name lets you know that its a more sexual atmosphere than most restaurants. Her boyfriend got mad at that since he really felt it referred to the owls in the logo.

They ended up going to Hooters because after fighting they were even more tired and hungry and she just gave in. When they get there the place is half full, and all the other customers are a bunch of guys yelling about a game on TV. Then the waitress comes over. My friend doesn't like greasy food so she orders a salad and some hot water with lemon. The waitress asks her once if she wants ice in the water and then twice why not. When the salad came it was so wilted she asked for another but the waitress said they were all the same. She ended up not being able to eat anything there and had to eat at home afterward.

Her boyfriend was so embarrassed that it was a bad experience that he said they never had to go there again which was a big thing for him.
Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 01:11:17 PM »
She mentioned that even the name lets you know that its a more sexual atmosphere than most restaurants. Her boyfriend got mad at that since he really felt it referred to the owls in the logo.

:rolleyes: :)

Thank god I've never dated the type of man to want to go there, haha. I'd be the same way. No sleazeballs for me thank you. (Sorry dudes who like it). Not for me.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
I did tell the guy about my crush, and he was flattered.  I could handle going to Hooter's with a boyfriend that I was comfortable with and that I knew was more into me than the waitresses.  However, a first date is already full of anxiety so it was just weird.  I wasn't impressed by the food, and I think what made me most uncomfortable were the other customers who were making comments on the waitresses and just being obnoxious.

Oh wow, heh.. I also had the guts to tell a guy who I majorly crushed on about my crush. He was also flattered. We went out a couple of times and had a great time... He was smart, handsome, a friend of the family, a nice guy, until he showed up out of the blue one night at my house and I found out he was a horn dog. :pout:  I brushed him off, and we never saw each other after that. I later found out he was a player...blah. I'm pretty sure he just asked me out for one thing.. Oh well, at least I overcame my fears and got to make out with a dreamy crush.. :lol: ^.^

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »
I have never been on any story-worthy dates (only had two boyfriends ever and I married the second) but I'm enjoying the thread,  :lol:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »
You guys are seriously cracking me up!  Love these stories.

I have a few...

One involves a date I had back in college.  There was a guy named David who I met country line dancing one night.  We hit it off, and he said he'd call me over the weekend to set up a date. Long story short, he never called.  Whatever.  Fast forward a year and I run into him again line dancing.  He apologized for never calling, stating he had a sticky situation going with another girl (who was apparently 55...he was 23 at the time. Again - whatever, I suppose).  Anyway, he asked if I'd go on a date with him again, and I figured I'd give him another shot.  We went out to eat and then were going to meet up with my friends to go apple-picking.  Well, my best friend was having car issues and asked if we would pick her up before heading out to go pick apples (she and her boyfriend were the ones we were meeting up with).  She lived about 15 minutes from where we were eating but you would've thought it was 5 hours away.  He complained the whooooole way to get her.  THEN, even though she was so super appreciative when she got in his car, he kept complaining.  He kept saying, "Some people just don't think about others.  Some people think they're just so smart.  Do you know what a XYZ [some medical term] is?"  My friend started nervously laughing and said, "nope, sure don't."  ANd then he goes, "Well, maybe you need to be patting my back because I sure know what [XYZ] is!  You just think you're so smart, don't you?  Seriously, you think you are soooooooooooo smart!"  I'm just like omg what the heck is he talking about?!... my friend tried to just laugh it off.. 

Well, we eventually get to the apple picking place, and meet up with my friend's boyfriend.  We rode on the tractor out to the orchards, and naturally, it was dusty since we were driving over dirt roads.  David kept saying, "^&($!  This....this is disgusting!  This dirt is awful.  This is just disgusting."  I didn't say anything.  We finally start walking around looking for good apples, and my friend's boyfriend tosses an apple at us (like--it rolls towards us; it's not like he pitched it at us lol).  Well, David goes, "Some people are seriously just so immature."--and walks away.  Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and said I was ready to go.  We had to ride the tractor back to the parking lot (which brought a whole other round of "OMG THIS IS SO DISGUSTING!" and of course forced coughs.  We drove back to where my car was at the restaurant.  He told me he'd call me later so we could go out again.

Long story short:  I never answered his calls again.  He probably called about 20 times (not exaggerating).  The voicemails were pretty funny.. "Seriously, why aren't you answering my calls?  This isn't funny.  Call me back."  Um, no, psycho!  :P

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 05:21:39 PM »
I actually never had a "Real date" or bad date, there was only one time I went to watch a movie whit this boy I meet from my friends. At that moment I was really thinking I "like" him but at the middle of the night I realized that no, I really like him, but as an amazing friend and person. I really loved all the nighs we talked, but I was not atraced to him in any way.

That was like... two years ago. I still feel bad about making him feel bad later, buy hey! He's now in a relationship whit a really nice girl and Im so happy for it! And for my part I realized that well, I dont like boys  :drunk:

And another one: Not a date, but one time a guy send my a mensagge at the middle of the night telling me I was "His muse" and a poem. I was like... what.

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2015, 08:11:49 PM »
You guys are seriously cracking me up!  Love these stories.

I have a few...

One involves a date I had back in college.  There was a guy named David who I met country line dancing one night.  We hit it off, and he said he'd call me over the weekend to set up a date. Long story short, he never called.  Whatever.  Fast forward a year and I run into him again line dancing.  He apologized for never calling, stating he had a sticky situation going with another girl (who was apparently 55...he was 23 at the time. Again - whatever, I suppose).  Anyway, he asked if I'd go on a date with him again, and I figured I'd give him another shot.  We went out to eat and then were going to meet up with my friends to go apple-picking.  Well, my best friend was having car issues and asked if we would pick her up before heading out to go pick apples (she and her boyfriend were the ones we were meeting up with).  She lived about 15 minutes from where we were eating but you would've thought it was 5 hours away.  He complained the whooooole way to get her.  THEN, even though she was so super appreciative when she got in his car, he kept complaining.  He kept saying, "Some people just don't think about others.  Some people think they're just so smart.  Do you know what a XYZ [some medical term] is?"  My friend started nervously laughing and said, "nope, sure don't."  ANd then he goes, "Well, maybe you need to be patting my back because I sure know what [XYZ] is!  You just think you're so smart, don't you?  Seriously, you think you are soooooooooooo smart!"  I'm just like omg what the heck is he talking about?!... my friend tried to just laugh it off.. 

Well, we eventually get to the apple picking place, and meet up with my friend's boyfriend.  We rode on the tractor out to the orchards, and naturally, it was dusty since we were driving over dirt roads.  David kept saying, "^&($!  This....this is disgusting!  This dirt is awful.  This is just disgusting."  I didn't say anything.  We finally start walking around looking for good apples, and my friend's boyfriend tosses an apple at us (like--it rolls towards us; it's not like he pitched it at us lol).  Well, David goes, "Some people are seriously just so immature."--and walks away.  Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and said I was ready to go.  We had to ride the tractor back to the parking lot (which brought a whole other round of "OMG THIS IS SO DISGUSTING!" and of course forced coughs.  We drove back to where my car was at the restaurant.  He told me he'd call me later so we could go out again.

Long story short:  I never answered his calls again.  He probably called about 20 times (not exaggerating).  The voicemails were pretty funny.. "Seriously, why aren't you answering my calls?  This isn't funny.  Call me back."  Um, no, psycho!  :P

Hahaha, omg...crazy.  :blink:

Sounds like he was a "bad apple!"  :biggrin:

I know that was so cheesy, but I had to!  :lol: :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal