collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What's your gender?

Male
Female
Neither
Both
Other (feel free to specify!)

Author Topic: I'm going to be nosey! Gender identity...?  (Read 12661 times)

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to be nosey! Gender identity...?
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »
I also have a friend who is 'trans-species' as in she identifies herself as a cat! xD
I'm pretty sure you meant she's an otherkin.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 12:55:27 PM »
Labels are so so important to have. For so many people having a label means no longer feeling broken and lost. Please don't dismiss that.

Labels are important for some. Labels are overimportant for others. Labels are a terrible problem in society. I do not care to label myself in any way, whether it be religion, sexuality, gender. And it infuriates me to see posts on tumblr saying things like "you are a monster if you don't put your pronouns on your about page".

This is why I just post art there and nothing else. Everything has to fit in a box. Everything needs to have a label so they can associate with who they want to and avoid "the other" whatever that may be.

I'm a stranger on the internet. That's the long and the short of it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »
Labels are so so important to have. For so many people having a label means no longer feeling broken and lost. Please don't dismiss that.

Labels are important for some. Labels are overimportant for others. Labels are a terrible problem in society. I do not care to label myself in any way, whether it be religion, sexuality, gender. And it infuriates me to see posts on tumblr saying things like "you are a monster if you don't put your pronouns on your about page".

This is why I just post art there and nothing else. Everything has to fit in a box. Everything needs to have a label so they can associate with who they want to and avoid "the other" whatever that may be.

I'm a stranger on the internet. That's the long and the short of it.

Yeah I refuse to jump on that as well. Tumblr has gone through some odd phases. Like the widespread cissexual hate posts that you couldn't miss a while back.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
People say you suck if you don't put pronouns on your profile...? Man, what's up with that?
Although it's a good idea to have 'em somewhere so people can know....lol you're not a bad person if you don't

also @ponycake, it's cisgender/cis. Being cis is a part of your gender identity, not sexual orientation.  :relaxed:
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »
People say you suck if you don't put pronouns on your profile...? Man, what's up with that?
Although it's a good idea to have 'em somewhere so people can know....lol you're not a bad person if you don't

also @ponycake, it's cisgender/cis. Being cis is a part of your gender identity, not sexual orientation.  :relaxed:

Man, yeah that is weird. I always thought it was just the easy and polite way to do for your profile so people can know and not worry about misgendering you. I've personally haven't seen people be aggressive about it, but if there are some out there that are, that's totally not cool.
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
I am female, but not a girly girl by any means.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Princess Lala

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:15 PM »
Oh, I had no idea about Otherkin or Therian! My friend is pretty hardcore, she even has those 200 dollar japanese animatonic cat ears that rotate depending on emotion and wears a cat collar! Its actually pretty cute! I only get to see her at conventions but she is wicked cool!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
Oh, I had no idea about Otherkin or Therian! My friend is pretty hardcore, she even has those 200 dollar japanese animatonic cat ears that rotate depending on emotion and wears a cat collar! Its actually pretty cute! I only get to see her at conventions but she is wicked cool!

Totally jealous! I'd totally get one of those if they came in bear flavor, also less spendy...

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 05:05:40 PM »

Totally jealous! I'd totally get one of those if they came in bear flavor, also less spendy...
[/quote]
I remember seeing ones for sale at a con and they had enterchangable ears! So even if they don't sell bear ones, making your own/commissioning someone is totally possible!
I've been meaning to save up for a pair myself and make some pony ears for it!
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Princess Lala

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 02:45:09 AM »
These! She has the black ones! xD I want a pair for myself!  I kind of understand otherkin pretty well, there are plenty of times I feel like a cat myself! :3 http://www.necomimi.com/WatchTheVideo.aspx

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 05:48:54 AM »
Ah! They have snow leopard ears...
:frolic:

Sorry to be off topic lol!

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 07:34:05 AM »
Ok, here goes posting this...
This is a really interesting thread for me as this is something I'm struggling with. I'm neither girl nor boy though born as female but I'm really uncomfortable with my body and want to get it fixed. Most of the time I relate better to boys and I would much rather have a male body minus the genitalia (I'm asexual). It is pretty cool seeing there are other people on this forum with similar issues to mine as I always feel very alone with this. My parents love and respect me for who I am but I have a hard time explaining to them what it's like not feeling like your assigned gender.

What I find interesting is some of the studies on male/female brain, and how this can impact the way in which people react.

I'm also autistic and I know a lot of people with autism find it harder to identify within the gender stereotypes of people without autism because a lot of social stereotypes and norms for these genders don't apply with autism.
It is very interesting you should mention this. I have autism too (AS). It is believed that the autistic brain is the ultimate male brain and I think that's a factor in why I relate better to males than females. Also statisticly there are twice as many females with autism who feel like the other gender than females without autism.

I'd say I'm neither. I have female body which is causing me discomfort and I'm waiting to get it fixed. Explaining all this to doctors was quite of a pain. All that "are you sure? It's the depression talk" and my favourites "you are too young" and "of course you want children". Try to explain to someone who isn't willing to listen... I usually say that I'm more male than female to avoid questions.

I wear dresses and skirts and "girly stuff" but "male clothes" as well. My clothes.
I really hate when people think they know what you want! They have no way of knowing what you want, only YOU know what you want! I'm happy for you you made it through all that! I have it ahead of me.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: I\'m going to be nosey! Gender identity...?
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »

Oh, I think I have a pretty good understanding of gender identity when it comes to identifying as the opposite gender than the one you were assigned at birth. It's the 'others' (nonbinary, bigender, etc.) that are a bit hard for me to understand.

Oh...in that case, how can I help? :0

Hm... I don't know... It's just that I saw all of the different terms and it made my head spin a little... o.O I can fully understand that there's more than the gender binary, I just sometimes get lost with all of the terms that people have come up with, a lot of them blur together for me.

Sorry if I'm being offensive. Just trying to understand. >.<

|My Collection|

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
Humm..

A bit of a heads up.  Best not to assume one identifies themselves as an 'otherkin' if you see them with those ears or something similar.  You might just poke the bear.

If it was me (and yes, if they weren't as spendy I would totally go for a pair) I would be offended that one would jump to the conclusion when I would wear them because I think they are cute or coincide with a certain style I may like.

I respect what others feel or identify themselves with (same for anything, really, as long as you aren't harming yourself or others).  I expect the same for me <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 12:00:37 PM »
Humm..

A bit of a heads up.  Best not to assume one identifies themselves as an 'otherkin' if you see them with those ears or something similar.  You might just poke the bear.

If it was me (and yes, if they weren't as spendy I would totally go for a pair) I would be offended that one would jump to the conclusion when I would wear them because I think they are cute or coincide with a certain style I may like.

I respect what others feel or identify themselves with (same for anything, really, as long as you aren't harming yourself or others).  I expect the same for me <3

Princess Lala said that her friend is otherkin before she mentioned the ears, jsyk. :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal