collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I do not want to look too...  (Read 883 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
I do not want to look too...
« on: August 23, 2015, 08:08:17 PM »
stupid but exactly how does pintrest work?  I get the pinning things to your "board" but can you post stuff on it?  Do you upload things?  I made an account and had some fun pinning things last night, but not sure what else you do with it.

*passes out drinks and cookies for anyone who helps this old lady out*
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: I do not want to look too...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 08:47:55 PM »
*nibbles cookies* I'll try and help you out!

You can click my little interest thingy here on my profile and check mine out if you like, you'll see I have lots of boards!

You can make your own pins. First you just need to go to your specific board that you want to post on. When you do you should see a grey box with a plus sign that says 'add a pin' at the very start of your board along with all your pins that are already there. Click on that and you can pin an image from the web or whatever device you're using.

You can also 'follow' people or boards. There will be a red 'follow' button when your on a board or someones profile. If you want to follow a person, you will see everything they pin. If you follow a specific board you would only see pins posted to that board. So if you wanted to follow me for my pony boards but not anything else, you'd only hit follow on each of my boards that you're interested in. When you do this, any pins that person posts to their board will pop up on your pinterest home page.

You can use the search bar as you would a search bar anywhere else. Simply put in some simple terms 'mlp' or 'g1 mlp' or 'diy', and get pins related to what your looking for. Next to your search bar you have a little drop down you can access, its three horizontal lines with an arrow. Clicking that will open a drop down menu with popular searches.
So if you click the drop down and select art it will take you to tons and tons of 'art' pins. It will also let you narrow the category a bit more (comics, drawings, photography, sculptures) and if you narrow it down to, lets say drawings, it will take to a bunch of pins of 'drawings' and even let you 'follow' it so you'll have all kinds of new pins of drawings popping up every day on your home page.

Like most social media you can connect it to facebook or your email and it will find people you know that also have pinterest so you can follow them. You can also send them pins with their messaging system.

Hopefully this all makes sense!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »
No idea. Don't use it. Looks like Bekuno has you covered though!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:55:53 AM »
I use it this way:
I have boards set up so I can be visually organized: ex. Needle felting inspiration, recipes I want to try

Then I have a little "extension" in my browser. When I hover over any image, it gives me an option to pin said image (and corisponding webpage link) to the board of my choice

The end.
I don't care about what other people pin, or the social aspect of it. I use it for visual bookmarking. My husband also has access to pin to my recipe board, if he finds any good food we need to try to make

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »
I don't know but its impossible to look at something if you aren't a member.  The screen goes completely black the deeper in you are on a page..and it doesn't help when its a specific recipe or such that comes up in a search.

Its turned me off completely and is just aggravating.  Hopefully that wont be the case for you <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
I don't know but its impossible to look at something if you aren't a member.  The screen goes completely black the deeper in you are on a page..and it doesn't help when its a specific recipe or such that comes up in a search.

Its turned me off completely and is just aggravating.  Hopefully that wont be the case for you <3
This whole post makes me go, "no thank you pintrest." LOL. If only I had the patience I can imagine that the site is absolutely amazing...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 07:41:54 PM »
Thanks both Bandit and Bekuno, most helpful.  I do like if for sticking things I might want to use later with out saving to my hard drive. 

MA - one of the reason I made an account, I wanted to see something someone linked.  MLP4me, it was not that bad to make the account and rather fun to go find things that interest me and that I could use for reference for customs.

Might go make me a Beswick board as I did not see one and I could pin stuff all for myself.

Okay one last question, I did not download  the Pintrest button, where do I go back and do that so I can play hover and pin when out and about on the web?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 02:19:43 AM »
I think it depends on your web browser. I use chrome... So if you use chrome I can probably help you, otherwise Google "Pinterest extension" and your browser nave, and I'd imagine it would pop up

I avoided it for so long because I thought it was lame. Then when I used it, I realized it could be a really useful tool

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 07:39:04 PM »
Thanks Bandit, I am on firefox, shall go look on my next day off.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »
Thanks Bandit, I am on firefox, shall go look on my next day off.
  There should be an extension for it but I've found firefox has been buggy lately. So I've had chrome open more often. Took a programming class in college where I had to have 4 different browsers installed to be able to test my homework. Only kept the two. :)
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal