collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your last g1 find in "the wild"?  (Read 5939 times)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your last g1 find in "the wild"?
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2015, 08:13:52 PM »
I was at a comic con and few weekends back, and they had a big tub of G1s, G3s, and fakies at a vintage toys stall.  Unfortunately, they were all very grubby and very over priced.  The cheapest ones (fakies included) were $5 and had missing tails, cut manes, etc.  I felt weird leaving without buying one, though, since it was only my second G1 find in the wild.  In the end, I settled on a slightly grungy Peachy for $10.  I know that price is high for Peachy, especially since she's far from perfect, but aside from a little ink she should clean up fine.  Anyway, I didn't have to pay shipping and the day before I had been wishing that I had a Peachy since she's so cute!  I wish the prices hadn't been crazy, then I would have bought more than one.  To be honest, if I hadn't just made an impulse buy earlier that day I probably would have grabbed a second, but as it was even one pony was violating my "You are NOT buying anything else rule!!"  So I just stuck with Peachy lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
hmm, my last find "in the wild" would have been in the toy store in the early 90's. I haven't seen any G1s in the wild since I was a kid :)

But my last buy back then was these 2 cuties - my last addition to my childhood herd!

Newborn Baby Tappy
Tappy by Katrine, on Flickr

And adorable - newborn baby Wiggles!
Wiggles by Katrine, on Flickr
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2015, 10:32:31 AM »
I just had a once in a lifetime score yesterday- 17 ponies, Megan, accessories and play set. That's probably not going to happen to me again.  :lol:  before then, I once found some at an antique store but they were not cheap.  :P

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2015, 10:49:38 AM »
A g1 hearthrob would be my last in the wild find. Only g1 this year.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2015, 10:52:40 AM »
I found a paradise baby (the orange one I think is Beachball?) at a flea market a couple of months ago.  I seem to find one or two when I am out thrifting every now and then but I never seem to find a lot of many all at one time.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2015, 10:21:12 PM »
I have a pretty decently sized G1 collection and they've all been tracked down in the wild! A toy store in my area specializes in selling used and vintage stuff, and they get new g1 ponies in all the time. I guess people figure it's more convenient than Ebay, and more folks than you might expect still have their old G1s. Other than that, I type my little pony into Craigslist a lot. Once found a girl who had collected ponies through out her childhood and was selling off a very complete g1 collection for not very much per pony because she wanted extra money for college.

My most exciting recent find was a sea pony with her shell for $25! She was very clean.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2015, 01:37:42 AM »
Well guys. When I made this post I was all sad that I hadn't found anything in a while....but....
TODAY I walked into Salvation Army killing time before an appointment and found a few fakies, and then I turned around and BAM right there was a NM firefly! I started frantically looking for more and ended up with firefly, glory, Apple jack, cherries jubilee, sparkler, windy, te speedy, and baby firefly. All priced at 99cents each!
But it doesn't end there, I get to the register and the kind old man ringing me out says "oh yes! We just got these in, there's more in the back that we hadn't gotten out yet today." I asked him if I could buy those as well and he brought back a big bag of them! Inside were cotton candy, baby cotton candy, baby glory, tootsie, trickles, posey, Sky flier, majesty, flutter morning glory, sundance, peachy, masquerade, bbe baby shady, ss North Star, and a sea pony sea light!

I was ecstatic then his co-worker came up with a bag of more! Inside that bag was: G3 kiwi tart, G3 dazzle surprise, G3, Avalonia, G3 wishawhirl, G3 moondancer, g2 sundance, g2 petal blossom and...g1 mo stockings!!

It was one of those "am I dreaming" kind of days! I couldn't believe it! I just had to share!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2015, 02:18:23 AM »
Congrats on your lovely find, Mermaid!

This year I think I've only found Baby Diamond and Baby Stargaze in the wild.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:20:23 AM by little.fox »

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2015, 06:04:10 AM »
Well guys. When I made this post I was all sad that I hadn't found anything in a while....but....
TODAY I walked into Salvation Army killing time before an appointment and found a few fakies, and then I turned around and BAM right there was a NM firefly! I started frantically looking for more and ended up with firefly, glory, Apple jack, cherries jubilee, sparkler, windy, te speedy, and baby firefly. All priced at 99cents each!
But it doesn't end there, I get to the register and the kind old man ringing me out says "oh yes! We just got these in, there's more in the back that we hadn't gotten out yet today." I asked him if I could buy those as well and he brought back a big bag of them! Inside were cotton candy, baby cotton candy, baby glory, tootsie, trickles, posey, Sky flier, majesty, flutter morning glory, sundance, peachy, masquerade, bbe baby shady, ss North Star, and a sea pony sea light!

I was ecstatic then his co-worker came up with a bag of more! Inside that bag was: G3 kiwi tart, G3 dazzle surprise, G3, Avalonia, G3 wishawhirl, G3 moondancer, g2 sundance, g2 petal blossom and...g1 mo stockings!!

It was one of those "am I dreaming" kind of days! I couldn't believe it! I just had to share!

Wow! That sounds like a dream find!  Seriously, I've dreamed of having finds like that and always wake up before I'm able to get my hands on them.

Congratulations!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2015, 06:05:16 AM »

WHOA! Remind me to pay a visit to your Salvation Army!!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2015, 02:08:18 PM »
I found 2 g1:s in a secondhand stor some weeks ago and the ponys i found was daddy and mommy sweet Celebrations :)

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »
At the beginning of the year I was just strolling along when suddenly I saw a basket of G1s in a local charity shop window. I stood there for a second because I was honestly awestruck. :shocked: Of course I then rushed inside to buy them, panicking the whole time in case someone had somehow managed to get there before me. I was successful of course and managed to get the lot for around £10. Don't remember all of them and I've misplaced the photo, but included were Newborn Twins Bunkie/Fleecy and Speckles/Fluffy and their comb, Trucker/4 Speed, BBE Baby Half Note, a Petite, UK Applejack, and a bunch of miscellaneous combs including a Fairy Tail Bird one. There was also a 1988 Annual which I don't collect, but it was the year I was born so I figured it was a good luck charm or something.  :lol:
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »

Wow what a great story!! Congratulations, I'd be stoked too! :D

Online Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
I found Fizzy once at a jumble sale, she had a mohawk.  I sent her away to be re-haired but she got lost in the post. Sadly the only pony I found in the wild and the only one to get lost in the post!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »
Thanks guys! It's been years since I've found a g1 at an actual thrift store like goodwill or Salvation Army! I've had a little luck at garage sales and flea markets/antique stores but no thrifts like I used to!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal