collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC for a perfect Sea Mist, pure white with no cancer  (Read 575 times)

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
PC for a perfect Sea Mist, pure white with no cancer
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:27:27 AM »

I'm going to put her up for sale soon, and I have a price in mind that is quite high. But I wanted to check if my estimate is correct or if I just should put her on ebay and hope for an bidding war, since I think she is very sought after in this kind of condition.  :P ;)

She has no brownish discoloration from the glue that holds her weight in place. I have opened her though an removed the glue and cleaned her from glue residues inside. Her weight has been put back inside her, and isn't rusty at all so it won't stain. (Absolutley no cancer spots, or any other kind of stains).

She is very white, so white a pony in this type of plastic can be. (It isn't a snow white more like a milky white).

Her tail fin tips has no rubs, but maybe some very faint scratches or it could be factory misprints. Only visible in a very close inspection.

No scratches in blush or eyes.

She has silky and uncut hair, and her stripe has still some pink in it, although it is a little bit more faded than the one I have in my own collection. This is her only "flaw" :)

Oh, and no zit cream or any other harsh chemicals has been used to whiten her, so she will not bring you a nasty surprises. :)

Cockies to anyone that can help me!  ^.^
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:53:39 AM by Ponyland »
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: PC for a perfect Sea Mist, pure white with no cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »
I would give her a shot on an open ebay auction if you are looking for an over value price. In general while these girls are expensive most of their value is in their shells and the ponies themselves have dropped a little. If selling individually then $80.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 01:39:09 AM »
Yes 80 dollar is what they cost normally with their usual  flaws. :) But I think that a perfect one would be worth a lot more since they are so rare and sought after, and that it wouldn't  be overpriced to ask more for her because of that. I have been locking for a perfect whitecap for ages now, and I myself would be prepared to pay much more for her than with a yellowed one with cancer and brown discolortions. I would happily trade my Sea Mist for a Whitecap in the same condition, but I don't think I will find one.

Thank you for your help! :) I will think about if ebay is a better place for her.
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:18:48 AM »
As she is your pony to sell, absolutely she should be priced at what you think and I am sure you will find someone willing to buy. The $80 price I gave was her in nice white condition. With issues she will typically sell much lower. As a set they have dropped in value - the ponies lower, the shells higher. However no such thing as RRP for G1s, very much what the seller wants to ask :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal