collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I Use the U.S. Names of the U.K. Names  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: Should I Use the U.S. Names of the U.K. Names
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 07:35:46 AM »
Actually, there are multiple ponies running the grooming parlor/salon.  Peachy heads the whole thing as head stylist while Snuzzle, Kiss Curl, and taf Fifi are stylists and Bow-Tie and Ribbon are accessorists (the latter having invented the self-tying tail ribbon).

And there are also the U.K. ponies as well.  Honeycomb would be a beekeeper, naturally.  The Mountain Boys are unicorns and Sunburst is their surgeon because his magic is healing wounds.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 07:40:31 AM »
No Brush &Grows? I think it was Curly Locks who used to turn petals into ribbons!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »
*Reads Curly Lock's backcard story*  Hmm.  I'm concentrating on mostly Year 1-5 ponies at the moment.  I got how the different types of ponies of those sets work in this world.  I suppose if I include Brush and Grows, they have a condition where their manes and tails grow to absurd length and so fast you can practically sit there and watch it grow.  Though, just the Year 1-5 ponies makes for a decently large community.

Speaking of manes: along with tail ribbons, many ponies where barrettes, headbands, ribbons, fake flowers, and other accessories in their mane.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »
The Mountain Boys are unicorns and Sunburst is their surgeon because his magic is healing wounds.

Um, not to nit-pick, but a surgeon doesn't heal wounds. A surgeon's talent lies in skillfully making wounds -- albeit (hopefully!) in the service of eventual healing -- and s/he would probably find laser-like focus or precognition to be more helpful gifts. A talent for healing grievous wounds would be more useful to an ICU nurse or field medic. Sorry if I'm being too pedantic, but that really jumped out at me, having spent time on both sides of the scalpel.

Although, now you've got me curious why such a small group of ponies would need their own dedicated surgeon. Fireball &co. must either be terribly unwell or get up to some pretty spectacular hijinks!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 01:20:15 PM »
He also does surgery, it's just he seal up the wounds when finished instead of relying on sutures.  I suppose physician might be a better description of his role.  The term the ponies use is simply healer which all unicorns with healing magic are trained as.

Nurses come from all species, assisting healers in cleaning wounds in preparation for healing and other duties not requiring that particular magic.

The ponies here are also a small band of survivors from a larger pony civilization that suffered a catastrophe.  So, it's not just the six Mountain Boys and other sets living separately.  They're all in the same location.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »
I agree with the sentiment of your world, your names. Heck, you dont even need to call them either - you could rename them to whatever you please. As the world you are creating is your own imaginative one, there is certainly no hard and fast "rule" as to what you do. I would think pretty much anything goes.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 04:06:49 AM »
Well, I'm already breaking up the Buttons/First Base relationship.  Buttons is with Sunburst and First Base is with Sundance.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 11:26:48 AM »
Well, I'm already breaking up the Buttons/First Base relationship.  Buttons is with Sunburst and First Base is with Sundance.

You know, I read this and actually grinned. The relationship obviously exists only in Somnambula, but I thought it was quite cute. The trouble I had was deciding WHICH Buttons would get First Base, since there's So Soft (technically correct for the animation I suppose), and then the two Movie Star release Buttons ponies as well. I had imagined a major romantic contest for his hoof could arise given that :)

What about Lightning and Confetti? Any sparks in that direction? I always felt he was flirting with her when she was babysitting Baby Cuddles in that one story, and given Confetti's lack of a groom...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
Sadly no.  The Mountain Boys are unicorns and in this the different types are distinct species.  Therefore, Confetti and Lightning would not be a couple.  There might be a close platonic bond, but not romantic.

Now Confetti is an interest thing to consider.  Admittedly, these ponies are the survivors of a natural disaster.  Perhaps she lost her fiance in the confusion and destruction and kept her wedding dress in the hopes he survived and someday being united with him.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal