collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you buy all g1 Ponies that you find?  (Read 3474 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Do you buy all g1 Ponies that you find?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »
Usually, yes, if the price is decent.  I don't find g1s all that often and I have to assume that, even if I don't intend to keep them, someone else will want them.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 06:19:07 PM »
I would if I actually found any that is. I rarely go thrift hunting anymore and when I do, I never see any g1 ponies or ponies, period. If I came upon some g1's that were decently priced based on their condition, I would buy them all and re home them since I have them all now.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »
I'll pick them up if the price matches the condition.  Frequently I've had to leave them behind because they are over priced, but I will try to negotiate the price down if I can.  I hurts to leave them behind though.  If I can, I try to sell them on into the community.

Elf

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 06:50:03 PM »
I'm not a G1 collector myself, but if I find them for a price I can afford and am pretty sure I can get back by reselling them, I definitely have a "buy all of them / buy all I can afford" policy. 

That policy applies to any and all ponies, though. XD Even the G3.5s.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »
I save them because I'm a customizer so I know that even if they're not in good condition I can usually fix them up.  I just found a G1 Glory with no tail this week for fifty cents so she's sitting here, waiting for a bath and for me to decide how I want to fix her up.  I'm thinking of playing with an alternate hairing...

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 07:01:56 PM »
I have never found a G1 in a thrift store, but I think I'd probably buy any one that I did find (provided the price wasn't ridiculous). 

I have found G1s twice in the wild, and both times I had to leave some behind.  Once was when I was at Breyerfest and I wanted to make sure I saved money for Breyers since that was why I was there, so I only bought Up Up and Away and G2 Bright Berry since they were both on my want list.  Another time was really recently.  I was at a comic con and a vintage toy dealer was there with a big bucket of G1s, G3s, and fakies.  They were in really lousy condition for the most part, and seriously, seriously over priced.  Still, I couldn't leave without one since it was only the second time I had seen G1s in the wild!  I wound up paying $10 for a Peachy in not-so-great condition (ink spots, etc.)  >_<  I'm justifying it by figuring that I didn't need to pay shipping for her and just that week I had been commenting on how strange it was that I didn't have a Peachy in my collection.  I don't regret buying her at all, but I do wish I had tried bargaining with the guy selling her!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 07:50:29 PM »
Definitely. Sometimes even if they're stupidly priced just to have that I found a g1 (and bought it) experience.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »
I have had to avoid some with higher prices. :/ I do try to buy the G1s I do find though.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »
Most definitely! Between everyone selling them on Ebay and MLP getting the pop culture spot light in recent years ponies are becoming harder to come by at things like thrift stores and yard sales, G1's especially so! I try not to pass them up.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
I do. I can't bring myself to leave them behind (although that's probably because they're harder to find for me lol!)
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »
The rule is buy all G1's.  Unless they're baits and are more than $1 each, in which case buy just the rarest available and when they're still there a few weeks later, ask the vendor if they'll take $x for the rest of them. 

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 02:10:13 AM »
I'm kind of a *Don't leave Anypony behind* even G2/G3 and G4 and all of their accessories I find out in the *Wild*, but only if it fits in my budget!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 03:11:36 AM »
I saw a G1 likely split at a kids market a few weeks ago. She was in OK condition but I'm kind of thinning the herd so I left her behind. I haven't seen a G1 in tge wild for at least a year or more.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 05:14:32 AM »
I used to at the carboot sale, when I had a plentiful availability of them. Now I don't often see them. I left a £7 Bow Tie at the toy fair, because that was overpriced and I couldn't have rehomed her without taking a loss.

To begin with, sister and I had so many gaps we just bought everything. Then we only bought the ones we needed, then we discovered THE INTERNET.

And after that, we bought most everything. Certainly everything UK related, because we needed ponies from other places and the best way to get them was to trade.

Ultimately, I'd pick and choose a bit more once I knew the market and what would or wouldn't trade. I tended to leave behind the CJ, Lickety etc ponies unless they were really mint condition or came with some accessory or sticker or something that I needed.

I bought any still in their original box, of which I surprisingly found quite a few at one point.

Now, I would be happy to see G1 second hand somewhere even if I didn't buy them. I would buy something that was reasonable for the price of what it was, but gone are the days of the 50p Mountain Boys and the "bag of ponies for £2" that included sweetie babies with clips and such like...

(Sigh, I'm getting old xD)

It's still my dim, distant hope that one day some toy fair seller will have a bunch of MOC Mountain Boys for a steal. I paid £40 per sea pony baby moc at the last toy fair. I'd pay that again easily if they came up with Sunburst the next time round ;) (But I think I'm thinking a little too wishfully...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 05:50:53 AM »
Yes I must SAVE Them!
:accomplished:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal