collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wingers?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Wingers?
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:14:36 AM »
How hard is it to find intact Wingers? I'd really love to have Cool Breeze, Moonjumper, Glow and High Flier in my collection someday. Especially Cool Breeze if I have to choose just one.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
Re: Wingers?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »
It can be a bit hard to find intact wingers out in the wild of thrift shops and bootsales, but not impossible. I usually find atleast one winger or two each year, but only this year by some miracle did I find a nearly intact Starry Wings (only problem was a scratch in her symbol). It could however vary depending on where you hunt and live.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:57 AM »
Oh, I meant on ebay. G3s, 3.5s, G4s and fakies are the only ponies I find in the wild anymore. =^-^='

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:56:35 AM »
It's not that hard. I use to have armies of wingers but at the same time sometimes the replacement wings are nice than the origionals. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »
Intact Wingers are at least easier to find than Flutter Ponies with their wings!

I do have a High Flyer for sale in pretty good condition. I've been meaning to redo my sales page but I've been so darn busy! Cool Breeze and Moonjumper will run a pretty penny and Glow somewhere in between, depending on if her hair is faded or not. :)

I see High Flyer and Glow for sale relatively often but Cool Breeze and Moonjumper are both popular and harder to come by, it seems. Good luck!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »
That's good to know. Thanks everyone. Personally I like Glow with white hair. I think she looks so much prettier.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
I see them on ebay all the time, I don't think you'll have too much trouble... I like wingers a lot but I don't actively seek them right now. I still have my beloved Glow from my childhood herd but her wings are long gone...  :lol:

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »
They are not that difficult to find, but in good condition they might be a little pricey? At least Cool Breeze as she is one of the more popular ones :)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 12:43:34 PM »
Yeah I dont seem to find flutter ponies with their wings intact. I only find once in a while a winger or two. I have been very fortunate that I can find G1s at all.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 12:52:43 PM »
Depends on how picky you are about 'intact' - if you mean still with wings of any condition, most wingers are like that.  The wings are considerably harder to ruin than a flutter's.  Most will have suffered some minor damage - dents, scrapes, and bends at the base are very common, so if that bothers you make sure you get really good pictures of any prospective purchases.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 01:00:45 PM »
Depends on how picky you are about 'intact' - if you mean still with wings of any condition, most wingers are like that.  The wings are considerably harder to ruin than a flutter's.  Most will have suffered some minor damage - dents, scrapes, and bends at the base are very common, so if that bothers you make sure you get really good pictures of any prospective purchases.

Umm...as long as the wings aren't about to fall off any second, I'm good with them not being mint. I'd even be happy getting Cool Breeze without her wings and having replacements done for them. I just...I need her in my herd. She's too pretty! :3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »
I've seen some wingers who are learning semaphore, though (with wings at interesting angles to one another!)

In my experience Summer Wing ponies are more easy to find than Windy Wing ponies.

Cool Breeze is one of the more popular ones with collectors but I think Starry Wings to be harder to find. I've never had a double of Starry Wings and she was the only one I had to trade for from overseas, the rest I found here.

I've only had a couple without wings. They were the first ones of each that I found so I kept them, but I concur with other people - the wings are sturdier.

For some unknown reason, Flurry comes up a lot on German ebay. (German collectors, any insight on this? XD)

High Flier seems to be one of the more common. Skydancer used to be, but I don't see her so much now. I've seen a few loose Buzzers lately as well. Little Flitter and Glow have the problem of fading hair, but I don't think they're too hard to find.

You know, now I think about it, it's been quite a while since I saw a Sun Glider on Ebay. Not that I've been looking especially, but aside from a MIB one a while ago, where did all the Sun Gliders go?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 02:54:22 PM »
I've found two Wingers at second hand stores, Cool Breeze and High Flyer.  The wings seems to hold up pretty well, High Flyer has a bent wing tip and Cool Breeze no issues.  I think the plastic they are made of it pretty good at flexing without getting broken or permanently bent.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »
Wings gone or ready to fall off make up a pretty small minority of Summer/Windy Wings, maybe ~5%, if i had to estimate.  The vast majority of them have managed to stand the test of time.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »
Wings gone or ready to fall off make up a pretty small minority of Summer/Windy Wings, maybe ~5%, if i had to estimate.  The vast majority of them have managed to stand the test of time.

Awesome!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal