collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When your out hunting for ponies in the wild....  (Read 3018 times)

Offline moevelvet

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When your out hunting for ponies in the wild....
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »
I've seen almost all of the things that have been mentioned here!

Maybe we should set up a "cost + shipping" thrift toy hunting network!

Yeah.

I'd be up for that.
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Ember by Nence

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 05:21:28 PM »
I look for any of the moon deamers animals, or playsets I have yet to find any.  I also look for vintage LPS.

Offline Ninox

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »
I try to keep an eye out for various 80's-90's toys, especially Lion King figurines and Littlest Pet Shop animals. I'm also trying to track down a couple of Soma fakies (in my signature) and the Quints kitten with a green bow, so I tend to keep those in the back of my mind as well. I also try to keep an eye out for old computer games, especially adventure games.

I've never found any Cutie Club horses or MLP Li'l Litters animals in the wild, but I can dream...and I keep looking.
Looking for these two little Soma fakies:

(photos by Angervo and littlefox)

My Sales Thread

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 05:17:31 AM »
I look for 80's toys in general, and also for Sierra/Cocktel Vision/Apogee pc games from the 80's and 90's for my husband.

Oh, man, Sierra and Apogee... you just shoved me into the Way Back machine, pardon me while I go watch some stuff on youtube...  :lol: It would be super cool to find old software like that, I'd want it for the box alone... ::adds to list of stuff to look for::

Post Merge: August 15, 2015, 05:20:04 AM

I try to keep an eye out for Transformers but I find fewer of those than I do ponies. ;~; I also keep an eye out for plushies that might catch my eye or ceramic unicorns.

My husband is a huge Transformers guy.. I think the only time he ever found a transformer he was willing to buy at a thrift store was the same day I found my wild Fairy Tail! It was a lucky day!  :biggrin:  Transformers are hard because they're so easily busted (especially the old ones, cause, well, they're old!) and often have a bazillion little accessories that can get lost.... so I guess I should say I kinda look for them too, at least when he's with me.

Post Merge: August 15, 2015, 05:21:37 AM

Yeah.

I'd be up for that.
I agree! I could definitely hook up you Strawberry Shortcake people, I see stuff for her EVERYWHERE when I go pony hunting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:24:18 AM by buttonso »

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 05:41:38 AM »
I've never had any luck hunting for ponies at thrift stores or flea markets.  I've only ever seen fakies, and even those are an uncommon sight.  But at one flea market I did come several people who had various diecast cars, and even a couple of planes. It makes me wonder if it's really common to even see ponies at thrift stores, because I've never found any.

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 05:45:02 AM »
I've never had any luck hunting for ponies at thrift stores or flea markets.  I've only ever seen fakies, and even those are an uncommon sight.  But at one flea market I did come several people who had various diecast cars, and even a couple of planes. It makes me wonder if it's really common to even see ponies at thrift stores, because I've never found any.

I have pretty good luck with G3 ponies at thrift stores (usually mixed in with fakies)... the only "wild" G1s I ever found were at an antique store, a grand total of one time... I think most people with ponies by now know what they have and go straight to ebay.... but you never know, and the hunt is like 3/4 of the fun.  :satisfied:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 05:46:45 AM »
I look for Pokemon and other anime merchandise. There was a surprising amount of it available in the late 90s early 00s. Funny how now it's virtually impossible to find in regular stores, when I distinctly remember buying my replica Book of Clow and Pokemon toys from Tesco  :lol:

I've only ever found a couple of filthy G3s when carbooting or hunting in charity shops :( None of the Gens I actually collect. Ever. Though, it seems most charity shops no longer sell toys at all...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2015, 05:51:26 AM »
I'm always on the hunt for Transformers, Grand Champions, Pokemon, Kitty Surprise, Digimon, and Kitty Kitty Kittens. A few of these things I've never seen in the wild, but I've found a fair number of Grand Champions. They were popular toys in my area because we're a smaller town/farming community, so they crop up more often than MLPs do.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 06:19:39 AM »

I have pretty good luck with G3 ponies at thrift stores (usually mixed in with fakies)... the only "wild" G1s I ever found were at an antique store, a grand total of one time... I think most people with ponies by now know what they have and go straight to ebay.... but you never know, and the hunt is like 3/4 of the fun.  :satisfied:

I've been having some decent luck at my local flea market.  I usually find G4 but also G3 and the occasional g1.  By the way, it kills me when I go to purchase some ponies and am told, " oh we had a lot more of those but they sold already."  I'd almost rather not know.  Instead of being excited about what I found, I'm disappointed about what I might have missed.

Anyway, My local flea market is one of the ones which is mostly garage sell stuff.  It also leanes heavily Hispanic.  I don't know if the language barrier makes a difference in not knowing what might sell for more online or maybe hesitancy to use computers to sell merchandise?

I almost never find ponies at actual re-sell shops or charity shops.  I did find a good haul of g1 at one store after a whole day of driving around looking in a new town.  But it was the junkiest store I'd ever seen.  There was a pile of girls toys just heaped in a corner that I had to dig through.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »
I usually also look for model horses
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 07:02:04 AM »

Yeah.

I'd be up for that.
I agree! I could definitely hook up you Strawberry Shortcake people, I see stuff for her EVERYWHERE when I go pony hunting.
[/quote]

Not sure about the mechanics, but we could see if the mods would let us use a thread here, though I think a more "mobile" platform would be better.   Would twitter work? (I don't use it or isntagram either)

Whatever was used it would be good to have a list of names and what they search for, and... A loose commitment that if something under a certain amount was found that they'd be willing to pay.  Right?  People wouldn't like to take the risk of picking something up and then being stuck without reimbursement. (I doubt thrift stores have return policy)  I think also an agreement that there would be no markup, or if any a standard finders fee.   What do you think?

Offline LadyLuckyLeaf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • formerly BabyTwilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 07:20:04 AM »
I'd love to find Rose Petal Place or Sylvanian Families.

I would love to find some vintage sylvanians! Never seen any "in the wild though".... :/

Last week I found these freaky giant talking Sylvanian Families. But they were a little too weird for me, so I didn't pick them up. Now I kind of regret it because I feel like somebody must want them.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 07:47:23 AM »
I'd love to find Rose Petal Place or Sylvanian Families.

I would love to find some vintage sylvanians! Never seen any "in the wild though".... :/

Last week I found these freaky giant talking Sylvanian Families. But they were a little too weird for me, so I didn't pick them up. Now I kind of regret it because I feel like somebody must want them.

I had to look those up they're amazing.  I need to find one.

for me its black star figures, pokemon, pets in my pocket, pets shops etc, and especially dinosaurs. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:50:09 AM by kakenterprise »

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
Here is an added question for you all.  Do you pick up other toys for re-sale or trading or do you only buy for your own collection?

Offline moevelvet

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »
Here is an added question for you all.  Do you pick up other toys for re-sale or trading or do you only buy for your own collection?
I only buy for my collection, mostly because I don't know the market value of all the toys I don't collect, so I don't know if I'm getting a good deal or not.
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
Ember by Nence

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal