collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro is hiring for MLP!  (Read 10065 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro is hiring for MLP!
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2015, 06:24:21 AM »
Drat I'm just a year short since college itself counts from what I've been told. I wonder if I should try anyways. My portfolio is decent.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2015, 08:36:28 AM »
Al-1701 you have some fantastic ideas for MLP! My worry is that while Hasbro would love the story, they'd really only be more interested in toy ideas and a lot of it would end up as scrap. :(
I've sat there and thought of toy ideas that could come from this.  I have this old toy from Star Trek: TNG based on the transporter that uses one-way mirrors and lights to make it look like the object inside disappears.  A toy based on the Bifrost could use the same principal.  Also, since Equestria Girls seems to be here to stay, the ponies develop an ability to transform into a (mostly) humanoid form for short periods.  They still have pony ears (because recreating primate ears is hard and not worth the trouble, don't question the logic, it just is) and their tail ribbons are where their "ponytails" meet the main body of their hair.  I don't know if the harpies would make good main line toys, but they could be in blindbags along with other characters.  There are some characters from the U.K. G1 cannon I've thought of using like the Wizard Wantall and the Weather Witch.  I even thought that Megan's story in this is that she becomes the Weather Witch's apprentice to learn weather magic she can help the ponies with.  Dolls could be made based on them.  And of course there are the ponies, dragons, and bushwoolies.  BaB Bushwoolies would sell (some people have asked me why they have made stuffed bushwoolies).  Also, merchandizing with ponies' likenesses and symbols of apparel, coffee mugs, etc.  Perhaps even make a giant sandboxing game like Disney Infinity (maybe even make it Hasbro-wide so you have have Wind Whistler and Bumblebee fighting Starscream and the Misfits) with the toys acting avatars in the game.  However, even on their own they have the classic hairplay (maybe even have different accessories open up different things in the game) and readiness for unplugged adventures.

To paraphrase tumblr: do the thing! Seriously, even if Hasbro turns you down you should definitely find a way to get this out there. It would be a shame to see such rich ideas squandered.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2015, 08:43:11 AM »
I just want to say I have to agree with some users here that on comment on the last page was kind of rude. I didn't want to say anything at first but I'm going to say this. Let people speculate. It doesn't hurt for people to wish and hope. There is no need to make rude remarks to anyone on here about what people want and about the qualifications someone has (which what the person said was absolutely uncalled for and should not have been mentioned).

As for the original topic, I would love to try for it but I know I have no experience for such things XD And I say for those who want to apply go for it! You never know till you try :D
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2015, 02:00:42 PM »
What's a product bible? :lookround:

Exactly what has been described previously. A product bible is a catch all phrase for a document or documents that will outline every part of product or a line - what it can be, what it cant be, its visions, its goals, etc etc. It will cover all manner of branding information from character outlines through to the pantone references that can be used in licensing. Its basically a guide to all things MLP from Hasbros point of view. For some brands and companies they are internal tools, for others they are used for 3rd party (or multiple subsiduary) guides.

G4 will already have a strict product bible in place. Interesting!
Define 'strict'.

Like any business, Hasbro's branding guidelines are super strict and any one mis using/mis representing them (internally or externally) can get themselves into trouble. Maintaining an identity is how companies ensure recognition and how they protect copyrights and trademarks.

Oh yeah...and while I am here...lets try and behave rather than have arguments or be mean for no reason.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »
It would be interesting to read the bible to know what Hasbro is looking for.  Especially with so much licensing with this generation, they have to have a very well define "trade dress" to keep everything in line.

EDIT:

I guess I really want to see a little walk down the toy aisle and pick up a new Wind Whistler.  I have to imagine little girls pick up the G1 ponies in G4 form.  Also, after reading the writer's guide of the original series, I think there was so much possibility there.

The picture I have to advertise my story is Wind Whistler and Fizzy sitting on a grassy hill on a crystal clear afternoon with the rings arcing across the sky and a puffy cumulus cloud drifting in front of them.  Something like you would see from Studio Ghibli or classic Disney.  Curse my lack of artistic skill and dexterity.  I love beautiful music and artwork and have a vivid image of my thoughts, but all I can do is type.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:20:30 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »
I don't care. I just wanna have trouble deciding what ponies to get when I'm in the pony aisle XD (good ol' G3 days  ^.^ )

I'm up for G1 ponies in G4 bodies. It'll give the newer generation of MLP fans a look from the past. But apparently Hasbro lost the rights to the G1 names (which I find hard to believe :/ )

*sigh* but I'm still wondering if one is hired for the position, what would they be doing?  :wonder:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »
What's a product bible? :lookround:

Exactly what has been described previously. A product bible is a catch all phrase for a document or documents that will outline every part of product or a line - what it can be, what it cant be, its visions, its goals, etc etc. It will cover all manner of branding information from character outlines through to the pantone references that can be used in licensing. Its basically a guide to all things MLP from Hasbros point of view. For some brands and companies they are internal tools, for others they are used for 3rd party (or multiple subsiduary) guides.

G4 will already have a strict product bible in place. Interesting!
Define 'strict'.

Like any business, Hasbro's branding guidelines are super strict and any one mis using/mis representing them (internally or externally) can get themselves into trouble. Maintaining an identity is how companies ensure recognition and how they protect copyrights and trademarks.

Oh yeah...and while I am here...lets try and behave rather than have arguments or be mean for no reason.

Thank you, Hathorcat, you explained it better than I did. 

And yes, I would imagine a big ticket brand like MLP probably has a very strict compliance level. I would imagine retailers (like Target) have to adhere to guidelines when they advertise MLP products, for instance- that would be one small part of the product bible.

It's not just the fun stuff, it's the nit picky stuff too... That's the part of branding I deal the most with, lol.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2015, 05:28:41 PM »
It would be interesting to actually read the product bible and see what all the instructions are.

I could plan advertising schemes (there are times when I see ads either on television or in person where I wonder what they were thinking and how I would do it better).  Though, I would be the worst nightmare for bronies because I would say "the over-glorified screen clutter is going straight into the background again" with concentration on characters with a pulse.  Big Mac would get a brushable before anything related to Muffins got released.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:37:31 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2015, 03:05:12 AM »
Oh my gosh people, this position has NOTHING to do with G5. And you guys may not like G4 (I am not a huge fan either), but you have to understand that we are not the target audience, that is little girls. So far it has been a success with them, so why in the world would they end the cashcow now? We are collectors, but they are not doing this line for us, never have and never will.

AI-1701, you have zero qualifications for the job, so even if you did apply they would not hire you so don't even waste your time. I get that you are excited, but seriously...
Please don't be rude. You can say things without being rude, you know.

I wished it would be G5, and I know someone that could apply, but it seems the job is taken. Good luck to whoever got it :)

Why be nice when you can have a childish meltdown and act like you know better than everyone else and everyone is being dumb? :\

And you are acting better? There is a difference between nice and trying to save someone from going through with something that will, inevitably, be a waste of time. It is nice to think that you could get a job for Hasbro, but if you have none of the credentials they are looking for that qualify you for the job why bother? It is a waste of the companies time to weed through applications that do not meet their standards. Is it harsh to say that? Yes, but it's the truth. You may have the personality they are looking for, but without the experience it just is not worth their time or effort to look at your application.

And it is good that you are close to getting another bachelors degree AI. However, big companies also looking for experience in your field and Hasbro is looking for...what was it 5 or 10 years? Do you have that in accounting? Ideas and a degree are grand, but you have to be realistic. Also, My Little Pony as whole is not a cashcow for Hasbro, but G4, when compared to previous generations, has been a pretty big success for them among their core audience, so in no way would they give that up for a new generation. Once little girls move on to the next big thing and sales start drastically dropping then they will move on, but before then would be too mush of a risk to be worth it.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2015, 03:53:51 AM »
Again, it's AL.

Considering I was only 20 ten years ago and had not even started on my first degree (atmospheric science), I can safely say no.  Though ten years is an absurd requirement that limits their pool to mostly older candidates.  The absolute youngest a person can be and have these requirements is 32 and had to have started in 2005 assuming continuous employment.

And anyone with foresight would be working on the next thing while the current thing is still popular.  Keep it relevant instead of waiting until you have to change gears to begin.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2015, 07:06:37 AM »
Also, why do we have to actually have a chance of legitimately working for Hasbro to imagine what a gen made by us would be like? I think it would be fun for all of us to get together on a thread of our own to make our own fan generations. Heh, it could be infectious!

I'm sorry if that sounded rude though.  :redface:
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2015, 07:38:09 AM »
Oh my gosh people, this position has NOTHING to do with G5. And you guys may not like G4 (I am not a huge fan either), but you have to understand that we are not the target audience, that is little girls. So far it has been a success with them, so why in the world would they end the cashcow now? We are collectors, but they are not doing this line for us, never have and never will.

AI-1701, you have zero qualifications for the job, so even if you did apply they would not hire you so don't even waste your time. I get that you are excited, but seriously...
Please don't be rude. You can say things without being rude, you know.

I wished it would be G5, and I know someone that could apply, but it seems the job is taken. Good luck to whoever got it :)

Why be nice when you can have a childish meltdown and act like you know better than everyone else and everyone is being dumb? :\

And you are acting better? There is a difference between nice and trying to save someone from going through with something that will, inevitably, be a waste of time. It is nice to think that you could get a job for Hasbro, but if you have none of the credentials they are looking for that qualify you for the job why bother? It is a waste of the companies time to weed through applications that do not meet their standards. Is it harsh to say that? Yes, but it's the truth. You may have the personality they are looking for, but without the experience it just is not worth their time or effort to look at your application.

And it is good that you are close to getting another bachelors degree AI. However, big companies also looking for experience in your field and Hasbro is looking for...what was it 5 or 10 years? Do you have that in accounting? Ideas and a degree are grand, but you have to be realistic. Also, My Little Pony as whole is not a cashcow for Hasbro, but G4, when compared to previous generations, has been a pretty big success for them among their core audience, so in no way would they give that up for a new generation. Once little girls move on to the next big thing and sales start drastically dropping then they will move on, but before then would be too mush of a risk to be worth it.

Yes considering the only person I was rude to was the person who was seriously rude and needs a reality check. Must be one of those 'I tell it like it is and proud to' people. If you offend people, like the person you attacked, why defend it?

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2015, 08:14:30 AM »
I also don't consider it a total loss.  Still contemplating joining their LinkedIn group.  Even an entry level accountant will get some notice.  Even starting out as a gopher is starting somewhere.  And if I can present my ideas and they like them, they would probably attach me to someone with more experience who would be the one actually turning ideas in concepts.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2015, 08:46:06 AM »
I also don't consider it a total loss.  Still contemplating joining their LinkedIn group.  Even an entry level accountant will get some notice.  Even starting out as a gopher is starting somewhere.  And if I can present my ideas and they like them, they would probably attach me to someone with more experience who would be the one actually turning ideas in concepts.
It's not a loss. Don't even listen to that person. Good for you for having courage to go for it. I'm the type of person who always underestimates myself and thinks I'm not good enough for a lot so it's nice to see so many people going for gold. :)

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »
I don't think Midnight_Dream meant to be rude. Yes, her post was rather blunt but that doesn't mean everyone needs to call her out on it or whatever. :/

Anyway, going a bit more on topic, I like the idea of a thread where we can daydream what "our" version of G5 would be, someone should make one! It sounds fun!! (I'd make it myself, but I don't really have any ideas - I'm boring, I just like waiting and seeing what we get officially XD And I'd feel bad making a thread and having nothing to contribute myself)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal