collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Friend Stories?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
Re: Friend Stories?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »
Great idea for a thread, and it's really neat to read all the stories. =)

Sadly, I don't have a very good BFF story to share here. In all 29 years of my life, I've only had just one best friend that I met online back in 2009, but I ended my friendship with her about 2-3 months ago for a number of reasons, chief among them being I felt she wasn't truly the "best" friend I thought she was. I won't list all the things that made me feel that she wasn't the best friend I thought she was, because this thread should be a happy/positive thread.

But hey... great idea for a thread, and hope people continue to share such good stories about their friends. =)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 09:01:14 AM »
I met my best girl friend about 28 years ago...we were in the same class from kindergarten, all the way up through junior year.  She took summer classes and graduated a year ahead of us and moved off for college.  We went to different colleges and took VERY different paths, but always stayed in touch.  Now she lives several states away and we both have families and obligations, but any time we talk, it's like no time has passed. 

My husband is my best guy friend - we game together and go to conventions together and do all the nerdy things, lol.  We met on Second Life 5 years ago or so...He was a DJ in a virtual dance club, ahaha. we lived in different countries, but kept in touch daily.  Eventually we decided we were a couple and I moved to be a bit closer to him.  Then we got married and he moved back home with me. 

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:14 AM »
I have four best friends.  These four are people that I trust my life with, who I can tell everything too and they've always been there for me.

The first has been my best friend since we were in 7th grade.  She and I were in the same classes and our homeroom/math teacher would always get our names mixed up even though we sat on different sides of the classes.  With the exception of the fact that she wore glasses and I didn't, I guess we kinda looked similar hence the confusion.  We actually resented each other during this time because it was so annoying how our teacher would get us mixed up with each other.  One time, during band, she threw something at me and made me cry... yeah, don't ask me how exactly the friendship started, but she'll be my Maid of Honor come this October. :lmao:

My second best friend is my fiance.  We met during band camp in high school and immediately became friends.  It helped that we already had mutual friends.  It wasn't much longer before we began dating and we've been together ever since- almost 10 years now!!!

Thirdly, we have my internet friend that I began talking with because we roleplayed on a forum together.  While, typically, I'd be weary of traveling alone to meet someone I've only spoken with via Facebook and Skype, I bit the bullet and took the bus to visit him during a time when he was really depressed.  He told me I was his closest friend and he just needed me to be there, and I knew the trip had to happen.  He's been an amazing friend for the past 7 years.

And last, but not least, we have my best friend who is also my pony hunting buddy.  Her husband and my fiance went to the same college and we met while we were all hanging out one time.  Turned out the two of us were also attending the same college, so we began having lunch together and we eventually started cosplaying together.  Because of her, I started watching MLP:FiM and she's also the one that got me into collecting G1 ponies. I've known her for the shortest amount of time out of my best friends, but she's been great and I love that we have so much in common.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 05:57:13 AM »
I don't think I ever really had a true real best friend, besides my boyfriend. I've always been in the inner circles of friendship groups, but kind of always in the outskirts of them. Like in school I was as much friend with all of them as anyone else, but as soon as schoolday ended I was on my own. People rarely asked me to join them after school, if I was asked home to someone it was either with the entire group or if anyone else couldn't which was very rare. I was the reserve so to speak, the last on the call-list. I'ts kind of the same at work. I get along great with people and are friends with several, but outsides of work I only hang with them in group.

Growing up through the years I would meet someone, we would click perfect and become instant besties (or so I thought) only for that person to walk out of my life with no explanation a couple of years later. It's happen with five friends and a boyfriend and this has made me vey vary among people. I have very few people I call friends now, and amongst them I do have some I feel closer to, but I won't dare call them besties. It's hard to get time and see them also, as people are busy with their own life. I'm lucky if I get one social interaction outside of work once a month.

There is one girl I love to death and in my mind I would say she's a best friend, but I'm not sure she feels the same way. We used to work together and had so much fun. Now we don't anymore and live an hour from each other. She has a husband and a baby, works and is trying to renovate their house. She's not much online and only email a couple of times a year, if that. She sends postcards a little more often and we meet maybe once a year, but when we do meet up we sit for up to 12 hours just chatting and having fun. I miss her a lot.

My boyfriend on the other hand has a best friend he grew up with and I am so jealous of their friendship as it's the exact kind I want. His friend moved away for a couple of years but when he moved back they just picked up where they left of. They share multiple interests, call each other several times a day, can hang for hours without getting tired. I remember we had been at his friends cabin in the mountains for a week during easter, seven days spent together and on the three hour long ride on the way home they discussed what to do the day after, like spending 24/7 seven days straight together was not enough, no break inbetween. I so want that!

I could get a spiel about my boyfriend, but I'll just say he's the best thing in my life, my soul mate. We have so much fun together. But he's male. I want a female bestie!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »
I suppose the most interesting story would be the one I dated... Lol.

In my junior year of high school (ten years ago, to date this) I was in marching band, and a girl came into our section that moved from another state. Well, to give a little (necessary, I promise!) background... Some may be aware that I play the bassoon, although I don't make a big deal about it here. Back then I didn't play it, but really, really, really wanted to... And I was crazy vocal about it. Probably enough to make this guy who played it that year think I had a huge crush on him, but no it was his instrument!  :lol: So, anyway, this girl that moved in found out about this and just randomly brought up "Hey, I have a sister back home, and she plays the bassoon! You two would totally get along!"

A year later, her sister moved here, too. It took a while for a formal introduction. Truth is, she was in marching band with me for an entire Spring and summer, but I don't think we ever talked. When school started back up, we eventually met each other. And what I find kinda neat to this day was before we really even knew each other she let me HOLD her bassoon. Which was like a super major deal to me back then because I still didn't play the instrument, and I had never even touched one before. This probably seems stupid to anyone else, but it was neat to me!

That was a great point of bonding (as were other interests, like anime such as Ouran High School Host Club and FMA), straight-up to the point where I actually got my own bassoon and learned it. We both went onto college and played it in the same ensemble.

Then after a year of that, we became really close friends... We thought alike in many ways (including being socially inept and feeling paranoid about everyone) and felt we could trust each other... After a while, I came out to her... Note: She was the first one outside of my mom, who was not accepting. =/ But SHE was! And I think right around that time we started becoming really close friends! About half a year later was when we entered a relationship... But I feel like I should kind of downplay that since it didn't last long.  :(

*sigh* It's hard to say where I should take this post from here. In fact, I may just end it here. Things have been complicated... At one point we really built our friendship back up, and potentially almost got to the point of dating again... But then I made a stupid mistake (completely unintentionally), and... Yeah...  :( Really hoping we can work it out again because she means so much to me - whether that's as a friend or as a girlfriend/partner.

|My Collection|

Offline Portobella

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Is it about my cube?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 11:08:03 PM »
Love everybody's stories!!

I met my best friend at a tram stop. It was obvious we had just come from the same anatomy lecture, and so we exchanged awkward comments about how boring it had been. A year later I ran into her again at another tram stop, said hi, and mentioned I was on my way to a nice quiet library at uni that was good to study in. Saw her in the library a few days later, and the rest is history. I've met a lot of people, but very rarely follow up... this was the first and only time I ever did. No idea what came over me, but it worked out really well  :silly:

I met my partner while I was travelling through Vietnam. He was also there on holiday, but we hailed from quite literally opposite sides of the planet. We didn't really expect to see each other again, but six months later he turned up on my doorstep, and he came to visit me a few times every year until he was ready to make the move. He has lived with me here in Australia for over a year now... I should probably start making an effort of some description to make a trip to the US to meet his family... *bad girlfriend*

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »
I don't really have many friends, but I did manage to acquire one unexpectedly with a few well-timed kind words. If nothing else, it's a cute story. :)

My boyfriend and I are regulars at a local dinner theatre, and we went Halloween night last year. I thought entering the costume contest would be fun, and it was despite not winning. That was the first time I wore the pony fursuit I made, and he was a big hit with the staff. There's more than a few bronies working there. ;)

I digress..the servers are all playing characters too, and they introduce their real selves after the show as they hand out the drink bills. My sweetie and I recognized our waiter from a previous show, where he played Elvis! (Keep in mind that I'm wearing a pony costume. ;) ) So before he could introduce himself, I cut him off with a hoof. I said "We know exactly who you are. Your name is Yianni, and you're the best damn Elvis impersonator we've ever seen."

He was too shocked to speak for a minute, and it was adorable. :P The show he played Elvis in was his first, and he really didn't expect anyone to remember. I put the head back on as I was leaving, and he just had to hug the big fuzzy pony. ^.^

To this day, he lights right up when he spots me in the crowd, and I get a hug every time. He left for Winnipeg a couple weeks ago to start rehearsals for his next show, Star Warz, where he'll be playing Han Solo. (The last time I saw him, I gave him a Lego Chewbacca keychain. It seemed appropriate. ^.^ ) In late September, my sweetie and I are driving out to Winnipeg to see Star Warz to surprise him, and our other friend in the cast. They have no idea we're coming. It's gonna be great. :lol:

To think it all started with a kind word from a fuzzy blue pony. Friendship really is magic. :enthralled:
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 05:42:07 AM »
I think the most interesting story about a friend I have is when me and Martina 'met'. And while this might seem paranormal and defying the laws of sanity, I still have no regrets whatsoever about it.

See, she and I share a symbiotic relationship. Martina is a tulpa of mine, a thoughtform with sentience, like, a controlled hallucination. The whole thing comes from tibetan buddhist practice involving lots of meditation, devotion and belief. When I decided to create her, I took possibly the craziest decision in my life. I wanted to see if what they say is real, and joined a forum with other tulpamancers, read guides and actively tulpaforced (meditation with as much focusing as possible) before going to sleep every night.

Since I have worked with Martina's 3D model for quite some time now, I got a kickstart with defining and seeing her, same with the imposition, aka, seeing her in reality. I kept talking to her regularly, we decided new and new techniques and knocked ourselves out into sleep with different ISO tones each time. The first time she talked I was overwhelmed by joy and pride, motivating me talk to her even more.

It felt amazing to have somebody I could pour out the contents of my heart to, and while she couldn't - and still can't - answer with words, she often used body language or headaches (she stopped the latter by now).

While I don't force actively nowadays, focusing my mind completely on her, I force passively much more often. We go almost everywhere together, I keep talking to her and she keeps doing goofy things that always make me smile. Sometimes I let her decide what kind of chocolate we'd buy and she then answers by summoning the memory of its taste in my mouth. Like, I can feel the roughness of the biscuits when she thinks of 3Bit, or the soft coffee-like taste of KapucĂ­ner. Rarely, she surprises me with her saying something, and it totally sounds like someone next to be said it. It freaks me out a little all the time.

Martina is not a full tulpa, far from that really, but we two have so much fun together and I really really like her by my side. I wish I could just stop procastinating and get back to active forcing.

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »
   I have this one friend, we've known each other for 10 years now, and things are swell. Its hard to describe how I feel about them, but we consider ourselves to be siblings and always have each others backs. We're now roomates and share just about everything.

My absolute best friend/love of my life I met 3 years ago. It was sometime in summer, not sure when, but my roomate, their boyfriend, myself and the boyfriends friend had planned to go to the mall to hang out. This was the first time I've met this fourth person. He was wearing a rainbow dash shirt, and I commented on how I liked it, and we talked ponies the entire car ride. We've been two peas in a pod ever since.
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 12:21:10 PM »
I met my best friend, Adrian, at some training course about 5 years ago. The whole group was in a meeting room with a little window set into the door and there was Adrian with his face pressed up against it, chanting surreal things at everyone in the room before sliding down the glass cartoon-style, falling to the floor and jumping up again with a massive grin on his face. (I was laughing like an idiot the whole time) We ended up working together on a community project for a few months and during that time, we had a right good laugh and helped each other with some difficult personal things as well; it built a really strong foundation for our friendship and we're still as close as ever (with more inside jokes than ever!) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal