collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New little art thread! (Includes some non-pony art)  (Read 945 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
New little art thread! (Includes some non-pony art)
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:58:52 PM »
Just wanted to post up some things I've done recently as it's been a while! Drawing is becoming mostly fun again for me which is nice. I even have a brand new art blog. Anyway, on with the art!

So, I've finally designed a ponysona for myself! "But isn't Bekuno your ponysona??" Nah, she's just a character I created years ago and I use her on websites. She's not even a pony, she's a human! Though I use her a lot I wanted to design something to better represent myself, so introduce to you, Darling Melody!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you'd like to learn more about her, I'll include a bio in the spoiler!
Spoiler
Darling Melody is a unicorn from Canterlot. Her special talent is finding music for any occasion! Need the perfect love song? Summer playlist recommendation? Hot new musician to check out? Just ask her! She works at various Canterlot shops doing inventory, but naturally her favorite place to work is the record shop. That's where she met her pegasus boyfriend, Sock Hop!

As for how she obtained Rockabilly, it may sound familiar. Darling Melody was enrolled at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns where she was required to pass an entrance exam, hatching a dragon egg! Darling Melody managed to hatch the baby dragon that she later named Rockabilly. Not all students choose to keep their dragons, they're a big responsibility, but she felt ready. Dragons make for great keepers and friends at a young age after all, very helpful for a student. Rockabilly is always there to help keep things neat and orderly, often keeping the expansive music collection organized, but the is one of Darling's most trusted friends!

Her original concept came out looking near identical to Bekuno so it was scrapped. The leather jacket is still a part of the design though. I'll include it under this spoiler.
Spoiler

I even made a repeating tile background of her, it was my first time trying out lineless art!

Recently the draw together idea has taken off and now every week we're getting some really amazing pony art. I missed the most recent but here was my submission for the first week, TE Bright Eyes!

---------------------------------------------

Time for some NPA!

Here's a Godzilla sketch I did a little while back. I'm pretty proud of it, aside from the mouth (oh gosh I wish I could fix it now). I actually collect Godzilla figures and movies like I do ponies.

And finally, if you've seen Jurassic World you may just recognize this gal, it's Blue the Velociraptor! She was so much fun to draw.

Hope you all enjoy! xoxo  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: New little art thread! (Includes some non-pony art)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »
Yes. I remember your Bright Eyes- so cute! And i really like that repeating tile thing. It's like wrapping paper or scrapbook paper. Very cool.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 06:03:19 AM »
I adore that Bright Eyes especially :)

Your style is adorable!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:17:17 AM »
I love your style! Bright Eyes is adorable -- that happy expression really works on her!  And Blue from JW is really neat, too. Great work!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 12:41:58 PM »
Thanks you guys! My pony style remains ever changing, I just can't seem to stick to one style!
People on other sites seem to like my Bright Eyes drawing too, though I'm not very fond of it I'm still thankful for the nice comments  :blush:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
Ah, 'Darling Melody'... rolls off my tounge like a sandpaper. Aside that though, I love everything about her. You know, when it comes to music themed characters, most OCs are about making music, yours is the first whose special talent is listening, which I find amazing. A very clever and unique idea along with a neat design and bio.

As for the art, I think the others have summed it up well enough, your work is absolutely amazing! Keep it up.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »
I appreciate your honesty, Lore-Lei! I'll admit I'm not quite fond of it either, but I just gave up because I couldn't think of a good name that matched a 50's style for her. Plus she can always be called Darling for short!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 07:04:52 PM »
Ooh - I like your Godzilla! I wish I could shade like that with pencil, I just don't have the skill or patience!

And Blue!! (I saw the movie, and Blue by far was the BEST dinosaur, lol!). I'll have to show this pic to my littlest daughter - she's a huge dinosaur fan ;)

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 01:56:37 AM »
Your persona is super pretty, I love the natural colouring and how the hot pink symbol contrasts with it, giving her some edge! The leather jacket completes the look.

Those pencil drawings are fantastic too, I have zero patience for pencil and coloured pencils myself so I can only admire everyone who does. :lol:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal