collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I hate my username... but not sure if I should change it  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: I hate my username... but not sure if I should change it
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 11:41:23 AM »
I like it, it's unique.  :) And I love the story behind it!

I've used billietallent in one form or another as a screen name since..... 1998? I think? It's a derivation of a character's name in the Canadian movie Hard Core Logo. The character is played by my favorite actor, Callum Keith Rennie.

And yes, it's also where the band Billy Talent got their name. But when I started using it, the band was still calling themselves Pez...... ;)
Billy Talent is my favorite band. ^_^

@OP:
Ivaness is my version of feminizing the name Ivan (my son's name.) I've used it as my MMO characters names for ... 8 years or so.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
I like your name, but admit I was clueless for pronounciation.

If you want your name to evolve, but still honor the original, you could incorporate the meaning of wlyteth and make it pony related. Perhaps...

1) Joy Whistler (Like Wind Whistler?)
2) Wlyteth the Unicorn (or something)
3) Princess Wlyteth Whistler of Joy Wealth Sparkle Dazzle Pie (one day somepony's gonna take me up on my third name suggestion)  :P

Really Whistle anything works. Plus you can pay homage indefinitely in your signature to your former moniker.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »
I love that this forum has the ability to change usernames, most won't let you. Wlyteth is one I've used for a long time on many things around the internet and I'm getting a little tired of it. Plus almost everyone here has cutesy pony related names and I always feel like mine sticks out as random gibberish.

So why not change? I found the word wlyteth it an old book of poetry years ago, its a 14th century english word meaning "look" or "to whistle in their wealth of joy". As I was raising guinea pigs at the time it really meant a lot to me because they are always doing happy squeaks and whistles. :) Though I no longer have any guineas, I am starting my bachelors degree in English next month so I still feel like its a good representation of me. I guess sometimes i wish it was something a little more girly. :sad: 

I just talked myself into a circle so who else wants to share the story behind their username? 

;) tack "pony" on the end... and tah-dah-- instant pony user name.

As for me, mine ties in with the pony in my signature+avatar. It's not very pony-like either... so that's why I tacked pony on it. Sometimes I kinda regret that, and wish I woulda just done bandit instead.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:02:06 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 07:14:05 PM »
My username is rather simple...When I first registered here, I felt obligated to make up a pony-sounding name, so I went with sydneypie. Which meant absolutely nothing to me, I jyst made it up on spot and I don't even know anyone named Sydney. So I got it changed to something I could easily connect with and not so easily grow out of...my first name, lol.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 07:39:49 AM »
I actually really love your username! I don't feel usernames have to be pony related at all. I mean MonstarNomNom isn't exactly ponyish. I don't even remember how I came up with mine. I liked cute kawaii monsters at the time and I like to eat....? I guess....? Haha I have no idea x'D And I swear it has nothing to do with the Monstars from Space Jam. lmao It has stuck and I just use it and different variations most everywhere. :)
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 08:04:07 AM »

Thanks to everyone for helping me make the decision to keep my username (mostly) as is. Anyone know who I should contact about getting it capitalized? ;P

Message one of the admin to have your name changed.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »
Although it's your choice to change or keep it, I'm personally glad you decided to do the latter. Variety is the spice of life; pony collecting would be pretty boring if everyone had to have a cutesy username. ;)

Mine is technically pony-related, as it was the name of a retired MLP OC I had in my tweens. I've thought about changing it a few times, but I've had it for such a long time it'd be weird to have anything else. Heck, I'd even respond if called that in real life. XD
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 06:33:20 PM »
I know how you feel.. I've been using my name since my neopets days which was around 2004 I think? I've used to for pretty much every site or at least some variation of it.. I thought about getting a new name on DA... but I just can't let this name go XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 07:02:46 PM »
I like your username!  And there are lots of names on here I've seen that are not pony related...

Buttonso has been my go-to internet name for awhile.  It actually has nothing to do with Buttons the pony, it's because Buttons has been my husband's nickname for me for years.  :lol:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »
Aww, I like your username (and yay for English majors! *high five*). :) No offense to anyone, but I tend to think that pony related usernames are often kinda unoriginal for this forum. And my username DEFINITELY sticks out more than yours. ;)

But hey, if you really want to change it, go for it! I would just say put something in your signature so we know who you are. :)

And the story behind my username is pretty simple -- I started using it in approximately 2003 on the Nintendo forums. I'm the tenth Ringwraith. ;) I've used it everywhere on the internet ever since.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal