collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best place to sell science equipment/kits?  (Read 342 times)

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Best place to sell science equipment/kits?
« on: July 14, 2015, 03:26:24 PM »
This is a problem I've been wrestling with for awhile now! :yikes: I told my mom I would help her sell all of the old science equipment she had, and I'm kind of drawing a blank of where would be best to sell.

It's all science stuff that she used during her time as a home school teacher, and it varies from about a middle-school range to high school. It's a mix of pipettes, glass beakers and general chemistry supplies along with several pre-made "science kits" that came in a box with all of the supplies needed. Some of them are still in the plastic wrapping! The topics vary from geology to electricity to physics to chemistry!

I was originally thinking eBay, but would used science equipment be of any use there? I know we have some homeschooling moms, is there a better way to unload/sell homeschool supplies? I'm looking for feedback before I spend hours photographing all of this stuff, and this is one more way to procrastinate on that, LOL!

Thanks for the help!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to sell science equipment/kits?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »
I would stick with offering it to other homeschool programs - perhaps a tutoring company like Sylvan Learning? 

Shipping that kind of stuff is heavy and it has a high risk of being broken in the post.  Or buyers can easily claim damage for a full refund.  :(

Best of luck!  If I wasn't so far away I would love to take you up on this!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:50:33 AM »
I have no idea. Is there a group for homeschool kids/parents in your area? Some of them might be interested.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:02:20 AM »
What about local schools?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal