collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Accessory Color ID Help Please!  (Read 303 times)

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Accessory Color ID Help Please!
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:00:01 AM »
As I'm finalizing some of my sets of accessories, I've been squinting my way through trying to ID slight color variations and comparing them to the usual websites.  Unfortunately, the biggest difficulties come when I have more color variations than the websites say exist.  In some cases, you could say it was fading, but I have some that are so different and also have multiple ones in the exact same shade, so it would be difficult to argue that they all faded equally.  Any thoughts on clarifying the shades I have listed below will be really helpful.  Thanks!

Boas
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Left to Right
Poof n' Puff Palace
Tap Dancer Player (actually came with my childhood Player)
? No idea
Swinger and DJ
Songster and Twirler

For the light pink one maybe someone washed it with bleach, but the color is not at all blotchy.  It is the exact same thickness and length as the other  DnP boas, but I have no idea where this variant could have come from.  It came in a large lot of other MLP accessories, but maybe it was from another 80's Hasbro toy?

Large Flower barrettes

In general websites list
Aqua: Silky Slipper Sweet Sundrop
Green: Pretty Belle
The problem is that neither of mine look like any of the accessory photos I've seen posted.  The one on the left is "greener" and the one on the right is definitely more "aqua", but both are way darker than the other photos I've seen.

For the yellow ones, the one on the left is a lighter/paler yellow and the one on the right is darker, too different for it to be just fading.  Does anyone have a MIP Posey Rose or Daisy Dancer that they could check?  I'd like to know if one color consistently went one with the SHSs and one with the Ballerinas, or if it was more random.

Yellow Spoons

Websites list 3 different yellow spoon colors
Light Yellow: Lickety-Split, Starburst, Splashes, Lucky Leaf & Leafy
Yellow: Paws, Countdown
Golden Yellow: Racer

but I clearly have 4 different color yellow ones.
A buttery/creamy light yellow (from childhood, probably Lickety-Split)
B light yellow (from childhood, probably Paws)
C yellow
D golden yellow

Other than being reasonably certain that D came with Racer, I am thoroughly confused, so any info would be helpful.  I have more color questions but I'll save them for another post (stay tuned for stack toys and bear brushes :))

Thanks so much!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Accessory Color ID Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 07:58:37 AM »
Well, I don't know too much about accessories, unfortunately, but in case it helps, there's a picture of a MIB Posey Rose on Ivy's accessory ID page:

http://www.ponylandtours.com/DreamCastle/Library/Accessories/AccessoriesYear8.htm

You can kind of see the yellow flower barrette in the picture. Hope that helps a little! :)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 09:25:48 AM »
Oh dear ponies, those yellow spoons - I also have all four colors of those yellow spoons and they have always given me fits.

Ponies that came with a Yellow Shade of Spoon include
BBE Baby Lickety-Split, Baby Countdown, Baby Paws, Baby Racer, Baby Splashes, Baby Starburst and Baby Lucky-Leaf& Leafy. While I agree D is probably Baby Racers, B is more likely Baby Splashes, tough I've yet to confirm it I think Baby Countdown's and Paws colors are the same and most likely your C spoon up there.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »
The light pink boa is not MLP unfortunately - I have actually seen it pop up a couple of times in the past in UK pony lots but there were always other toy lines included so I am not certain where it sources from (it could maybe be fakie pony wear). The Euro Dance n Prance came with the same shade as the US boas as well.

This should explain the barettes:
Aqua [Dark] - Sweet Sundrop [Y8-US]
Aqua [Light] - Pretty Belle [Y8-US]
Aqua [Light] - Silky Slipper [Y8-US]
Yellow [Light] - Daisy Dancer [Y8-US]
Yellow - Posey Rose [Y8-US]

I would tred with caution on differentiating the top green ones you have though because the one on the right actually looks as though its yellowed and that is what is causing the colour differential.

The spoons can be nightmare as a lot of it comes down to batch and shade difference rather than purposeful variation.

Yellow - Baby Countdown [Y7-US]
Yellow [Dark] - Baby Racer [Y7-US]
Yellow [Very Light] - Baby Lickety Split [Y4-US]
Yellow [Very Light] - Baby Lickety Split [Y4-UK]
Yellow [Light] - Baby Paws [Y7-US]
Yellow [Light] - Babies Lucky Leaf & Lucky [Y7-US]
Yellow [Light] - Baby Splashes [Y7-US]
Yellow [Light] - Baby Starburst [Y7-US]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was frustrated by the 4 yellow spoons.

Also thanks for the help on the flower barrette IDs.  You're right that my green one might be faded, but I'm glad to know that there is supposed to be a dark aqua and who it goes with.  I'm surprised that most of the usual sites don't list it.

This definitely helps clarify where I still have gaps in my collection!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal