collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Reverse Kiss-Curl?  (Read 920 times)

Princess Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
Reverse Kiss-Curl?
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:10:58 PM »
Hey ponies,

I just found hiding in my collection a reverse kiss-curl! Does anyone know how hard she is to find and what she would be worth? Is there any known history on her like was she sold in different countries to normal kiss-curl?

My normal kiss-curl on the left and the reverse on the right:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Kiss-Curl?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
I don't know anything about her but wow!  How fun!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:42:43 PM »
Cool find. I put my two together the other day and they appear to have different shades of pink but the ribbons are the same not reversed like yours
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 12:49:03 AM »
How fun :) It's always so exciting to find something like this in your collection.

I unwittingly discovered I had the reverse symbol version before I knew she existed. I'd bought an upgrade (ever the quest for pinker hair, lol), and when I put the two side by side I knew something was odd but it took me a moment to work out what was different! I ended up keeping both ;)

I don't think the reversed symbol is especially 'hard' to find; I've seen her pop up on ebay a few times. And concerning price because she largely goes unnoticed I think you could pick her up as affordably as her 'normal' counterpart - unless she is identified as the reverse symbol version, which might push her price up a couple of dollars, but nothing remarkable I think. I could be completely wrong of course, not having tracked her finishing prices lately. I'm sure the experts will chime in with her value :)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 02:37:53 AM »
Yes, reverse Kiss Curl is harder to find but not much more in value, probably because she is not that sought after. I looked for mine for a while before I spotted one on ebay incorrectly labelled as Posey! I don't know the reason behind it though, possibly factory error? The green hair is kinda odd given that her hair is pink. Someone probably switched the paint colours and no one noticed.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »
I have no clue, but that is pretty cool :)  ^.^

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/groomingparlour_kisscurl.htm

My findings on the subject...

I think it might be simply that KC was sold more than one year and so that was the reason.

My reverse KC camevwith the playset box pictured on that page.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:11:04 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
Oh she's lovely!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »
Yes, reverse Kiss Curl is harder to find but not much more in value, probably because she is not that sought after. I looked for mine for a while before I spotted one on ebay incorrectly labelled as Posey! I don't know the reason behind it though, possibly factory error? The green hair is kinda odd given that her hair is pink. Someone probably switched the paint colours and no one noticed.

I would second this. She is harder to find but it does not add to her value. She is one of those girls who does not hold as high a price as you would expect.

With unfaded hair I would think she would still command around the $12-14.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 03:07:18 PM »
Is Kiss Curl in general worth as much as $12-14? Or is that just because finding one with pink hair is surprisingly difficult considering she comes from a country with practically no sun to speak of? XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Princess Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 05:15:50 PM »
Oh wow thanks everyone this has been so interesting! Yes moonflower I would definitely believe that, I wouldn't have even known to try to look for one to add to my collection as a variant since I didn't even know she existed. Either way I'm glad I spotted she was different before she went into the doubles I'm selling pile, even if she's not worth more I really like her, it's always fun finding something different in your collection!

Thanks for your knowledge on the subject too Taffeta, that's so great to know that yours came with the playset. And sheesh I know what you mean about the never ending search to try and find one with pink hair! My regular one on the left is only light pink and it took me quite the search to find her  ^.^ I always wonder if back in the day before variants were really well known if I sold any of mine incidentally as doubles  :blush: I only just recently realised that my sweetie baby Baby Candy was the reverse one who's striped hair started with white not green!  :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 05:23:32 PM »
Truthfully, I only kept my reverse KC in the first instance because her hair was so beautifully pink (I got her and the playset and box and accessories at a carboot sale, somehow O.o) and I considered her an upgrade for my loose white haired one I'd got at a previous carboot sale. When I put them together, though, something struck me as odd and I realised that was what it was. I can't remember off the top of my head which places my two ponies are made in, but I seem to remember the variation doesn't keep to specifically HK or China ponies...it might be the reverse version only happens in one place of manufacture, but the other is in both. Kinda hazy on that to be honest xD. Obviously it coming at a carboot doesn't definitively prove that she came with that playset but it would be odd that she didn't considering everything else that was included and her condition.

But yes, the fact she came with the playset, Snowball and the accessories/box makes me think it's really just about the number of times she was issued (I think 1987-8 and 1988-9) She's really as common a pony as Majesty and such in my opinion, because she came with a playset, albeit a cheaper one than Majesty's (she's not quite as common as Peachy xD). It surprises me that she commands more than $10 in any condition xD. It must just be the rarity of the pink hair (since she is so pretty that way and so bland without it)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
Is Kiss Curl in general worth as much as $12-14? Or is that just because finding one with pink hair is surprisingly difficult considering she comes from a country with practically no sun to speak of? XD

Not if you were only offering her for sale in the UK market but internationally and if she has pink hair the reverse version does reach this. People are always willing to pay for unfaded hair - she is so prone to it fading.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 02:25:06 PM »
Ok, that is worth knowing. It is true pink ones are quite scarce.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal