collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Draw Together 6/30-7/8 G1 TE Bright Eyes  (Read 3271 times)

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
Re: Draw Together 6/30-7/8 G1 TE Bright Eyes
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2015, 07:37:02 PM »
This has been really fun, and buttonso, I agree, all these styles are so unique!

Uninu - The tussled hair and shape of her nose is great; also love how you used her symbol in the actual clock she's hitting snooze on (at least I know I'd be hitting snooze at 6am!)

Sapphire Rain - Great job on her expression, and the way her hair is parted

UrocyonFox - Love those huge eyes and little mouth - so cute!!

aluke - Very nice style, especially the line shading and the delicate hi-lighting

archidraca - Such a neat, unique style - I really like that thick outer outline and the flow of her curls

Lore-Lei - Great sleepy expression you gave her; I like the happy-tired look :)

Bekuno - So sweet - love those lashed and her expression! Also like the way you gave her symbol such great perspective curving around her body

Marlin - Really neat - there is so much movement in your strokes - it just has a graceful feel to it

elvenwine26 - So much detail, it must have taken some time to draw her! And that braid...I find braids really hard to draw, and you did it really well. I like you story that goes with her too :)

CoonhoundBetty - I think yours is so cute! I love the bedroom scene and the colors you picked with her little tail poking out. I think she needs more than 5 minutes though if she has to get up at 5am, poor pony!!

ponyqueen - Beautiful work! Especially her gem eye - it's really tough to do those eyes and I love all the different colors you used in hers. Just lovely!!

ponycake - I think she has no resemblance to a bug! :P I love the smoothness of her lines and coloring and those curls are wonderful!

buttonso - Both your sketches are so nice! I like the first one because it shows how you built her up with the different shapes. The second one has such great movement with her mane and tail. Nicely done on both of them

Bekuno & Buttonso, thanks for your compliments!

Looking forward to next week :)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:40:47 PM by Medley79 »
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 08:29:39 PM »

Coonhound- I love your little scene, and your coloring is great too! Is that watercolor or marker?

I had grabbed some crayons and colored pencils from my daughter's art drawer, but then remembered a pretty palette of watercolors I had picked up (why? I don't paint with watercolors LOL), and just went for it. I tried to capture the brightness of her hair, and show that she was actually under the blanket, but I failed with the perspective, and the rug doesn't look like it belongs. Ah well. I loved looking through everyone's different styles--the digital drawings intrigue me; how the heck do you (general you) do that? Is it a special program on a tablet? In my head, you're using a mouse in MS Paint haha

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2015, 08:35:27 PM »
I loved looking through everyone's different styles--the digital drawings intrigue me; how the heck do you (general you) do that? Is it a special program on a tablet? In my head, you're using a mouse in MS Paint haha

Not on a tablet, no, but it requires one! Drawing tablet that is, not like a kindle fire  :P
I can't vouch for the others, but for mine it was drawn and colored using a wacom intuos in a program called Paint Tool Sai. Then I put the drawing in a different program, GIMP, and added a little bit of effects (the static-ish 'noise' and white frame).

Yay you posted the other one buttonso!! I love it, nice movement. I'd like to do an art trade with you sometime or even an art/atc swap if you do those kinds of things. I just really love your style  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2015, 08:43:12 PM »
Also using a Wacom Intuos (Pro) here with Paint Tool Sai. But I transfer mine into Photoshop to do effects or editing. If you are interested, you can go to picarto.tv and watch artists draw live, many of whom are using a tablet like ours and working in a program like Sai if not Sai.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 05:17:04 AM »
Also using a Wacom Intuos (Pro) here with Paint Tool Sai. But I transfer mine into Photoshop to do effects or editing. If you are interested, you can go to picarto.tv and watch artists draw live, many of whom are using a tablet like ours and working in a program like Sai if not Sai.
thanks Ponycake! that's a good suggestion  :)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2015, 10:54:27 PM »
So lovely, everyone :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal