collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jem Products Announced by Hasbro  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Jem Products Announced by Hasbro
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »
It's sad to say, but I have no interest in this.  I saw the trailer and it was just disgusting in my opinion.  Nothing compared to the original.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
The movie looks like it is going to be terrible-  but I am fine with it as it means more Jem loot.

I did see the earrings, they are super cute and I'm very tempted to get them...

Tbh the movie doesn't look so much terrible as it does look "not Jem". Like as a stand alone film it might be okay but not as a Jem movie.

Personally, I think it looks kind of bad and Not Jem.  But it may be that I am particularly offended that they are slapping the Jem label on something like this. Among other things, "SYNERGY" is a crappy little robot that you could buy right now at radioshack.  -_-

But I am trying not to let it bug me, after all it has meant more merch and I hope that even more hits when the movie comes out.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
I saw the trailer and thought the same thing as most of you have said- looks like a decet movie but doesnt feel like Jem! I cant wait to see the new merchandise though!!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 08:13:15 AM »
The movie looks "Not Jem" and truly truly truly generic.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 06:31:16 PM »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 07:02:41 PM »
yeah, there was an early issue that had Rio win Jerrica a rainbow dash.  The comic is fantastic.  I love it so much.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 02:43:35 PM »
There's apparently been a comic with a little FiM in it: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OpF3h_91yzo/VblLkQ1ik8I/AAAAAAACWPI/Rx7aubRjmF4/s1600/H66SRuh.jpg

I LOVE the comic.  Just wish the episodes were longer!  But that is the fault of modern US comics I guess..

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 07:24:43 AM »
The movie looks "Not Jem" and truly truly truly generic.
That's how I feel. :(
But, I'll probably still go see it as my brother's girlfriend is a big JEM fan as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Reiya

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »
I'm really excited about the sephora line! The doll are falling short for me, I expected a doll that children could play with. Im still on the fence about the movie, when I saw the preview it wasn't what I expected. I figured they would have stuck closer to the story line of the original show and kept the Misfits. Warda is right, if just doesn't look like Jen.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
I'm really excited about the sephora line! The doll are falling short for me, I expected a doll that children could play with. Im still on the fence about the movie, when I saw the preview it wasn't what I expected. I figured they would have stuck closer to the story line of the original show and kept the Misfits. Warda is right, if just doesn't look like Jen.

I think the Integrity doll line isn't really that unexpected that it wasn't a regular kids toy released.  When they started making them, what kid would even know what Jem was?  It makes sense that if you make dolls from a show that was on for a couple of seasons 30 years ago, the only people buying them will be adults who collect dolls out of nostalgia.  My only complaint with them was they released them too fast for my wallet to keep up.  I am not a poor struggling person, I'm middle income, but I couldn't afford to fork out quickly became $600 a every three months on toys.  (Well especially not on top of my pony habit).  If it was one doll every three months, I'd still be buying them.  What ended up happening was I just sold them all.

I am interested to see what the new dolls will be like, but I don't expect much.  The movie isn't Jem, so why would the toys for the movie be Jem?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »

I think the Integrity doll line isn't really that unexpected that it wasn't a regular kids toy released.  When they started making them, what kid would even know what Jem was?  It makes sense that if you make dolls from a show that was on for a couple of seasons 30 years ago, the only people buying them will be adults who collect dolls out of nostalgia.  My only complaint with them was they released them too fast for my wallet to keep up.  I am not a poor struggling person, I'm middle income, but I couldn't afford to fork out quickly became $600 a every three months on toys.  (Well especially not on top of my pony habit).  If it was one doll every three months, I'd still be buying them.  What ended up happening was I just sold them all.

I am interested to see what the new dolls will be like, but I don't expect much.  The movie isn't Jem, so why would the toys for the movie be Jem?

It's just the storyline that isn't Jem (it's almost like someone's AU fanfiction). The characters still seem to follow the traditional color schemes and as long as they are articulated and have nice clothes and hair I might be interested. I can always ignore their new backstory like I did with Amanita Nightshade.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 07:45:42 AM »
I'm really intrigued by the Sephora products, I didn't grow up with the show so I probably won't watch the movie

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal