collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Losing track of your ponies  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Losing track of your ponies
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
I have a spreadsheet of my collection and I tend to be okay with G1s/G2s/G3s, but G3.. x__x; I ALWAYS trip up with G3. Luckily I don't think I've got any doubles yet, but I know it's gonna happen eventually. ^^;
See, this fellow knows how to use her head.

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 11:44:41 AM »
I have a catalog of my ponies I created on Word with pictures of the sets but since I update it only once a year, I sometimes end up with doubles :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
Hahahaha, oh you all with your massive collections, I just don't envy it at all. . .!  I'm a massive clutter-phobe, with magpie syndrome, so it's really fun with all my collections. . .  << >>  It's constant buy and sell this, trade this and that out, and always reducing the size of the collections while adding to this and that and keeping a fairly stable constant.  I have around 120 ponies, counting what I have for sale, minus sales, more like 90.  I'd like it to be smaller, but when you have two brigades ( Moondust and Taffeta! ) it's a bit harder to cut down, but I am down to more of my favorites. 

Dazzlekitty, you're more than welcome to clear out what I have left for sales when you come down in August.  :P 

Right now I've been reducing my kimono and mlp collection and adding to my doll collection, though I have been certainly cutting through my excess.  I discovered an amazing few buy/sell communities on Facebook for the specifics of what I collect in dolls, and oh my goodness, I have been able to sell so much of the riffraff and what I have wanted to clear out, it's been so wonderful, and I have been able to reinvest some of the money into some new dollies, which I've really missed, but most of it has been bills, bills, bills. . . 

But I can't stand when things are over-flowing, I like having clean walls and space, while wanting everything and living in only a modest sized apartment.  It could be far worse, I know, but I do wish I had a bit more space to spread things out and about and have a bit more. . . I don't know?  Feng Shui?  Versus furniture tetris. . .

I'm a bit like this too. A collector, but a minimalist. Very quick to get rid of stuff I don't love anymore, though sometimes, I regret selling things. It's a difficult balance. Keeps my collection manageable size, anyways.

Oh yes, I do agree on the regret.  I don't regret selling most of what I've sold, only a few items.  I regret selling a certain one kimono, and selling a few different dolls, though the dolls were sold because I was broke and absolutely needed the money, so they had to go.  I had to sell my first doll of that kind, the one that had kicked off my interest in that particular kind, and I had found her in an antique store, and finding any decent dolls in antique stores these days just doesn't happen, so I regret her and a sister I bought for her.  Really miss those two.  The one got posted on Pinterest a few months ago, but I can't find where the photo originally came from, in hopes I could track down who she belongs to now. . . 

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 01:13:26 PM »
Wow all those people with so many ponies :shocked:
I don't have a huge amount of ponies (around 120), but I keep a list on word that lists everything I have so that I know exactly what I am looking for.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2015, 02:47:07 PM »
I made a word document about 3 years ago with symbol pics of the ponies that I was missing. I keep it in my purse and also track my want list here. I have 600+ ponies (but haven't counted in awhile). I only collect g1's and have made an attempt to keep them together by set on display so that I don't duplicate on purpose. Trying to be organized is difficult at first, but once you put the time into it it pays off having more of a piece of mind.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »

Dazzlekitty, you're more than welcome to clear out what I have left for sales when you come down in August.  :P 

If you have anything I am looking for I will likely buy from you. I'm taking quite a bit with me on this trip, so I will have the extra money.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »
I have a spreadsheet of my collection and I tend to be okay with G1s/G2s/G3s, but G3.. x__x; I ALWAYS trip up with G3. Luckily I don't think I've got any doubles yet, but I know it's gonna happen eventually. ^^;
See, this fellow knows how to use her head.

Heh, thanks ^^;

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
That's the good thing about only collecting one Generation - less Ponies are easier to remember! :D

Agreed!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal