collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Losing track of your ponies  (Read 1514 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Losing track of your ponies
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 01:02:27 PM »
Ah, the wingers.......I know there is only one left I need, but I couldn't tell you which one it is unless I looked at my collection again! Its either Glow or Whirly. I'm that disorganized. I am going to look into that checklist. I have the inventory book by Summer Hayes but I feel horrible writing in such a nice book! I know it's meant to be used that way but I can't bring myself to do it.

I used to have Debra Birge's MLP Around the World book but it got lost when we moved into our current home. I wish I had it because I am having a hard time keeping track of which European ponies I have a well. XD

But hey.....  I can't think of a better problem to have!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »
I have a little over 200 ponies now, but the bulk of my collection is G4, so it's not too hard to keep track of who I have, more which versions I have.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 06:19:13 PM »
I got back into collecting after a hiatus of nine years or so because I went to an antique mall and saw a Moondancer, Parasol, and Forget-Me-Not. I thought I didn't have Forget-Me-Not and bought her since she was really pretty. A few weeks later I unboxed my stored collection and saw that I had a Forget-Me-Not. I had essentially forgotten a pony whose name urged me not to forget her. XD The newer one was in better condition, though, so I was fine. :)

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »
There is an app... Toy Collector. So it's not exclusively for ponies but it's there. I didn't use it for long though so I don't know how complete it is these days.

I'm not too bad as I keep lists of the ponies I have and the ones I need. I did a great job on the G1 ponies, didn't get a single duplicate unless I got them in a lot of ponies. I got a bit lost when it comes to G3 and G4 because the lists are constantly changing! I had to resort to ones with images so I could check off the ones I got. Although its not foolproof. I recently found that I'd checked off the Cutie Mark Crusaders seven pony set... but I don't have the ponies and didn't add them to my "got" list so I don't know what happened there.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 02:26:02 PM »
I've been working on trying to organize my collection for years.  I have a lot of ponies.  A LOT of ponies.  The last full collection count I made was back in like 2001, and it was over 700 back then, before G3s came onto the market.  I've been busy since then.   If I had to estimate my collection, it's well over 1000, possibly close to(or maybe even more than) 2000.  I kept up with the G3s and have almost all of them. I'm two ponies away from having all the G2s, and I've been fairly busy on the G4s.  And I've always been after the G1s.  I've made progress on figuring out what I had, but it's slow.  It really needed to be done though.  Most of my collection is packed away due to space issues, but even with the "display" ponies I've had issues.  I discovered a UK Nurse pony on one of my display shelves a little while ago.  I had no idea I had her, and no idea where she might have come from.  Going through my pony closet is often like Christmas - all these wonderful things I never knew I even had! 

I was once negotiating for a fairly expensive pony(SS Angel in good condition), and was just about to confirm with the seller that I wanted her when I went into my pony room and saw her sitting on the shelf.  That happens ALL THE TIME.  Now I've got a book that lists what ponies I have and their conditions, but I really need to finish sorting my collection.  And it's been growing since then:/  I have an entire bin full of new stuff that needs to be cataloged.  And don't even get me started on the accessories! 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »
goddessofpeep, that sounds like a fabulous problem to have! :D  To have that many ponies and be surprised by your own collection......awesomeness!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 06:44:42 PM »
It's slightly less fabulous when I re-buy something I already bought a year ago for a not small amount of money.  That happens a lot too. Though, I have to admit the surprise awesome things I sometimes find are a lot of fun:p  It almost makes cleaning the closet not a painful chore.  Almost:p

I'm attempting to photograph my entire collection and put it up online so I can see what I have when I want to buy something new.  It's not easy getting into some of my bins, so having it all up online would be AWESOME.  I've been working on my accessories and merchandise for a while.   I haven't gotten in to the actual ponies yet, but I hope to get that done sometime too!

Here's my merchandise(so far):
http://s72.photobucket.com/user/goddessofpeep/library/Collection/G1_Merchandise?sort=3&page=1

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »
I do have that problem as well. Sometimes it is very easy to forget what I have. I need to go through checklists of G3 and G4 and i haven't got around to it well because I lost everything on my spare drive a week ago UGH. ><: including all my pony pictures, mp3s and checklists.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 07:28:39 PM »
I'm kinda glad my collection isn't that big!  :biggrin:  ^.^ ;)

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 11:06:58 PM »
If I had to estimate my collection, it's well over 1000, possibly close to(or maybe even more than) 2000.
I guess when you open the door of your room the ponies just flow out all over the place?  :lol:

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 12:16:06 AM »
Hahahaha, oh you all with your massive collections, I just don't envy it at all. . .!  I'm a massive clutter-phobe, with magpie syndrome, so it's really fun with all my collections. . .  << >>  It's constant buy and sell this, trade this and that out, and always reducing the size of the collections while adding to this and that and keeping a fairly stable constant.  I have around 120 ponies, counting what I have for sale, minus sales, more like 90.  I'd like it to be smaller, but when you have two brigades ( Moondust and Taffeta! ) it's a bit harder to cut down, but I am down to more of my favorites. 

Dazzlekitty, you're more than welcome to clear out what I have left for sales when you come down in August.  :P 

Right now I've been reducing my kimono and mlp collection and adding to my doll collection, though I have been certainly cutting through my excess.  I discovered an amazing few buy/sell communities on Facebook for the specifics of what I collect in dolls, and oh my goodness, I have been able to sell so much of the riffraff and what I have wanted to clear out, it's been so wonderful, and I have been able to reinvest some of the money into some new dollies, which I've really missed, but most of it has been bills, bills, bills. . . 

But I can't stand when things are over-flowing, I like having clean walls and space, while wanting everything and living in only a modest sized apartment.  It could be far worse, I know, but I do wish I had a bit more space to spread things out and about and have a bit more. . . I don't know?  Feng Shui?  Versus furniture tetris. . . 

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 01:20:03 AM »
I do this all the time! I'm going crazy because I swear I have a box of ponies that I'm missing. I cannot find it anywhere, but there are about 13 ponies I KNOW I have that I can't seem to find.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Galaxy91

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 02:12:15 AM »
That's the good thing about only collecting one Generation - less Ponies are easier to remember! :D

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 02:20:57 AM »
Hahahaha, oh you all with your massive collections, I just don't envy it at all. . .!  I'm a massive clutter-phobe, with magpie syndrome, so it's really fun with all my collections. . .  << >>  It's constant buy and sell this, trade this and that out, and always reducing the size of the collections while adding to this and that and keeping a fairly stable constant.  I have around 120 ponies, counting what I have for sale, minus sales, more like 90.  I'd like it to be smaller, but when you have two brigades ( Moondust and Taffeta! ) it's a bit harder to cut down, but I am down to more of my favorites. 

Dazzlekitty, you're more than welcome to clear out what I have left for sales when you come down in August.  :P 

Right now I've been reducing my kimono and mlp collection and adding to my doll collection, though I have been certainly cutting through my excess.  I discovered an amazing few buy/sell communities on Facebook for the specifics of what I collect in dolls, and oh my goodness, I have been able to sell so much of the riffraff and what I have wanted to clear out, it's been so wonderful, and I have been able to reinvest some of the money into some new dollies, which I've really missed, but most of it has been bills, bills, bills. . . 

But I can't stand when things are over-flowing, I like having clean walls and space, while wanting everything and living in only a modest sized apartment.  It could be far worse, I know, but I do wish I had a bit more space to spread things out and about and have a bit more. . . I don't know?  Feng Shui?  Versus furniture tetris. . .

I'm a bit like this too. A collector, but a minimalist. Very quick to get rid of stuff I don't love anymore, though sometimes, I regret selling things. It's a difficult balance. Keeps my collection manageable size, anyways.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 11:18:56 AM »
I have a spreadsheet of my collection and I tend to be okay with G1s/G2s/G3s, but G3.. x__x; I ALWAYS trip up with G3. Luckily I don't think I've got any doubles yet, but I know it's gonna happen eventually. ^^;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal