collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Syncing a Wii Remote (Resolved!)  (Read 465 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Syncing a Wii Remote (Resolved!)
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:14:25 PM »
 Anyone know how to sync a Wii remote with the game console? I thought it'd be easy but it's been absolute HELL. I've charged the Wii remote. I've hit the red sync button on the back of the remote. When the lights flash I hit the red sync button on the console. I've followed these steps with 3 remotes and I've switched out the batteries. My brother tested my Wii sensor bar at his house and it works fine. I even borrowed his console in case it was an issue with that. And yet everytime I hit the sync button on the Wii remote and then the one on the console, the lights on the remote flash and then turn off. It's the same with each Wii remote. Anyone know how to resolve this?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:22:08 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Syncing a Wii Remote with the Console
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:57:16 PM »
Is the Wiimote new or an old one you're syncing to a new console? Is it unable to sync to either of the Wiis or just yours?

Sometimes I have trouble when having to switch between my Wii and Wii U; the Wiimote would flash as if it was recognizing the system, then stop and not respond to the console at all. I'd try again but the same thing would happen. Usually I just give up and come back to it later and it magically works. I just press both red buttons at the same time because I can never remember which to press first...maybe try that?

I wish I could give you solid advice, but I seriously am confused about what I'm doing too (it makes switching between consoles such a pain). I hope you can get this sorted out.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 12:06:18 AM »
I have always had *terrible* luck with Wii controllers, with both systems.  I'll fight with them for hours, sometimes my husband can fix it, but I've broken down and gone in to Game Stop to "demand" advice a couple of times.  It's a great system when it plays nice, but when it wants to have a fit...

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 12:16:17 AM »
Is the Wiimote new or an old one you're syncing to a new console? Is it unable to sync to either of the Wiis or just yours?

Sometimes I have trouble when having to switch between my Wii and Wii U; the Wiimote would flash as if it was recognizing the system, then stop and not respond to the console at all. I'd try again but the same thing would happen. Usually I just give up and come back to it later and it magically works. I just press both red buttons at the same time because I can never remember which to press first...maybe try that?

I wish I could give you solid advice, but I seriously am confused about what I'm doing too (it makes switching between consoles such a pain). I hope you can get this sorted out.

The consoles aren't new and neither are the 3 remotes. They're new to me though; I've never had a Wii before. I posted the same question on Yahoo Answers and a responder there also said to try pushing both buttons at once. It still leads to the same outcome. And I can't get the remotes to sync to either of the Wiis, not just mine. So I figure if I've tried 3 pairs of batteries, 3 remotes, and 2 consoles with the same outcome then it must be that I'm doing something wrong.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:21:06 AM by northstar3184 »

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »
I haven't played my Wii in a while and haven't synced a new/different remote in even longer... But if I remember correctly, to sync mine, I just held down both buttons until the lights stop flashing. Sometimes it takes a few tries, but I've never had it not work.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
I don't think weve ever had issues..but we got the wii brand new when it was first released..no wii-u though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 08:06:14 AM »
I never had issues with mine either. I wonder if it may be defective?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 08:11:40 AM »
Hmm. Have you tried doing the one time sync option to see if that works? I don't know if it will help much, but it might determine if something is defective?

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2648/~/how-to-use-one-time-mode-synchronization

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
Re: Syncing a Wii Remote (Resolved!)
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 05:33:25 PM »
Resolved: Found out my brother's console has a special program on it that requires additional steps before you can access the home screen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal