collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: inappropriate ebay feedback  (Read 781 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
inappropriate ebay feedback
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:01:35 PM »
How long does it take for ebay feedback removal?

I have feedback that is a link to a facebook image of a really inappropriate image. (It's some sort of open sore on an animal? It's disgusting.). I don't know if my buyer got hacked, or what. I don't think the item was bought to give me a bogus feedback on purpose since we talked before she bought the item... and she also previously purchased an item from me.

I'm pretty annoyed that it's been 24 hours and it hasn't been done yet. I can't call right now since I ran out of minutes on my phone.

So I'm just wondering... if this wait time is normal. I'm also wondering if this sort of thing has happened to anyone else. I've never read about anyone having this sort of issue.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: inappropriate ebay feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 04:36:09 AM »
That's does sound weird - perhaps you are right and your buyer got her account hacked :(   I don't know an exact time but they are usually pretty fast at removing inappropriate feedback. I think it probably depends on how busy they are but I had some feedback removed within a day (it didn't contain a dodgy link but it was abusive and false) .  Keep checking today and see if its gone, if not then can you borrow someone else's phone to call ebay?
They will possibly have to investigate your buyers account too

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »
bah, I had to call because it's been over 48 hours. I guess it stays up and has a statement "This comment has been removed". I was hoping it would be hidden...

^^; The phone call took foreeever... so I wasn't happy about that.

The guy on the phone said it didn't seem like my buyer was hacked... so maybe it was just a bad copy and paste. -__-;

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 08:06:16 PM »
Could be, perhaps your buyer is a vet or some kind of animal expert, or has an animal with an issue, and they've posted a link to someone? I know my sister-in-law is always sending me pictures of her horse's wounds, and updating me on healing and asking for opinions, lol!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 04:09:31 AM »
Hmmm maybe she did post it accidently then  :huh:  some people do copy/paste feedback comments if they buy quite a bit, although it does seem strange  (and if she was doing a bulk load of copy/paste feedbacks then a bunch of people will have got that link too :blink: )
Was the feedback positive?  if it was then that is why ebay have left it and just removed the link and left a comment  :awake:
but... if it wasn't positive then  (sorry to say this) you'll need to contact them again , or you could try contacting the buyer and asking them about it . If your buyer was previously talking to you then its a good chance she did accidently post it , or she may need to contact ebay herself if she knows nothing about the link and thinks her account really was hacked.  A buyer can change a neg or neutral feedback too , so it might be worth sending a message to your buyer about the situation

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 07:04:36 AM »
It was positive.

I checked to see if other people got the same feedback from her, but nope. So just a freak occurrence I guess...

I guess the other strange bit was when I pointed out the link to the guy on the phone, and he was like "oh, I can't view that". And it was a bit of *face palm* of how could you allow a feedback, when you can't check to see if it's ok or not. *eye roll*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal