collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Annoyed with 3rd party Amazon sellers listing resealed used items as new  (Read 512 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone else here has had any similar experiences but I've had so many issues with buying anything online lately that i'm close to just giving up online shopping all together.

In the last month I have ordered 3 CDs from different sellers on Amazon and all of them were clearly used items that were resealed in cheap plastic wrap and passed off as new. Beyonce's 4 Deluxe Edition and Self-Titled albums, and Christina Aguilera Back to Basics, all 3 were sold from completely different sellers and they all were similarly repackaged. I've bought enough brand new CD to know without any doubt that these are not 'new'. The shrink wrap is cheap and completely different from factory sealed retail CDs, the jewel cases are a different style than what factory sealed ones would come in, and one of the Beyonce ones and Christina Aguilera had discs 1 and 2 put in the case backwards and with fingerprint smudges, and the pages to the booklet of the Christina one were stuck together and had wrinkles.

The thing is, for what I paid for these I am satisfied with what I got, the CDs are in nice condition with no scratches, but I am disappointed by the fact that so many 3rd party sellers are passing these off as Brand New and that this seems to be a very widespread thing. If these were sold as lightly used reslealed items I would be perfectly ok with this, but when something is advertised as "Brand New", I expect to receive a factory sealed item.

I doubt reporting these sellers or leaving negative feedback would do much good, so I guess I will just have to stop ordering from 3rd party sellers. I have enough problems ordering from Amazon directly as they often use inadequate packaging and my items frequently arrive damaged, whereas I don't experience that as much with 3rd party sellers and it's often times at a considerable savings to order from them, but lately it seems to be a gamble as to whether you actually receive what is advertised.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
It is very annoying isn't it?  I think if I were you I would be contacting those sellers through Amazon and asking about these CDs - since they clearly are not brand new :(   I prolly wouldn't be leaving really bad feedback if they are genuine and a good price, especially if the seller responds/apologises etc (if the seller gets nasty then I would leave bad feedback)  but they clearly aren't listed correctly and the seller needs to be aware of that (or Amazon do.  I'm not entirely sure how you go about reporting this kind of thing on there since I've never had a problem and don't use it much)  . I don't know what its like in the US , but here in the UK certain companies take in used CDs , check they work, then pack them in their own cheap shrink wrap and then  resell them in supermarkets or Poundland (like the dollar store) etc  for cheap too  (they are sold in a separate area and clearly marked as used but working) . People who sell on ebay tend to get them then and sell them on there too (although I've bought a few myself I haven't ever had one that was listed as brand new).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal