collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite Fast Food Joints  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Favorite Fast Food Joints
« on: May 29, 2015, 11:11:21 AM »
What are your favorite fast food joints?

McDonalds-best prizes, decent meals, a tad cheaper, nostalgia, best fries

Burger King-best burgers, good fries, more options

In n Out-excellent burgers and shakes, cool hidden menu, their fries royally suck though

Little Caesar's-affordable, great pizzas, crazy bread

Great Kahn Mongolian Grill-pick your ingredients, stuff your bowl full and watch em cook it up for you! noodles, beef, pork, tofu, alfalfa carrots, cabbage, water cress, your choice of sauce. Yeah!

Edo's-great Japanese place where you also get to watch them cook up your orders and they serve boba I loooove their honeydew melon boba!

Subways-I like it waay better then Quizno's

I love Pizza Hut, they have better pizza then Little Caeser's but the one closest to us has terrible service
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:14:59 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Fast Food Joints
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:23:34 AM »
When I was younger, I ALWAYS wanted Burger King or Wendy's.  These days, I can avoid fast food burger places pretty easily.  It's one of the things I gave up in my quest to lose weight and I've found that I really don't miss it.  I used to like McDonald's for their chicken snack wraps, but I remember a few years ago they began skimping on the chicken and it was mostly bread so... no thanks.

Subway I love.  I usually have it for lunch about twice a week since there's one near my job.

Does Chipotle count as fast food?  Because I'm hopelessly addicted to the place.  Their chicken is just...  :drunk: I also like Qdoba since they have ground beef, so those make for good burritos as well.

Oh, Taco Bell is another I can't give up.  Luckily I don't live close enough to one that I get it often, but there is one near my job so I occasionally stop there for lunch.

Arby's is my favorite place for chicken sandwiches and curly fries, although I've been avoiding fries lately.

I think those are the only places I go to for fast food.  I live in an area with TONS of family owned pizza places, so I always choose those over national chains.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »
Sure Chipotle counts.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »
Taco Bell, it's so nice that you can sub beans on anything on the menu, as a vegetarian this is convienent.
Subway, bring on the veggies!
I'm not a fast food consumer very often...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »
Hmm, well Banh Mi is pretty fast I guess!  I love those things...

I haven't been to fast-food hamburger places in many many years-  not even for fries-  some kid did this science experiment with McDonalds fries and showed that (due to the fungicides) that they soak the fries in- the fries can last looking almost perfect almost indefinitely, and never grow mold....  it freaked me out a bit!  What does that level of fungicide do to your guts?  ALso I found out that KFC and fast food companies basically were behind the legislation that keeps animal cruelty laws from applying to chickens.   :cry: 

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »
McDonald's! I heart their fries and McFlurries! I like Wendy's too, as I love their Baconator, but Wendy's a bit expensive so that's a treat for me.

For pizza, I love just about any pizza place, but my absolute favorite is Jet's Pizza.

Subway is waaaaaaay better than Quiznos hands down.

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
I like Chipotle and Togo's (local deli sandwich chain).  Those are the two fast food chains that I frequent the most.  I like that Chick-fil-a has generous chicken portions.  Maybe twice a year I eat at In-N-Out.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 01:39:32 PM »
We've got a semi-local sub shop in my area called Planet Sub and they are aaaaamaaaazing!  They put cream cheese on most of their sandwiches, too, which I'd never heard of until we found them.  Delicious!  They're, hands down, my favorite hot sandwich place EVER.

For cold subs, you can't beat Jimmy Johns!  They are super fast and always fresh :)

I prefer Moe's to Chipotle, but haven't lived near one in several years.  As a vegetarian, I used to get their black bean rice bowl and not only did it feed me for two meals, but it was surprisingly well balanced and healthy(ish).

Another place I moved away from is Taco Cabana.  It's like... a fast sit-down Mexican restaurant.  Much higher quality food than Taco Bell (in my opinion) but still fast enough for you to grab on your way home, and if you got your order to eat there, the atmosphere was always fun.

On days that I'm wanting to feel fat and get heartburn, I default to Sonic, lol. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 01:41:52 PM »
Buh, I ate at Sonic's just once out of curiosity and got food poisoning and never again will I eat there.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 02:37:41 PM »
I actually dislike fast food except I love Firehouse subs. Mm so tasty!
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »
I have a few favorites and just ones that I go to for specific things.

McDonalds - Only need mcnuggets and sweet n sour sauce. Not a fan of anything else there.

Sonic - Best shakes, I really love the hot fudge one. This is also the only place whose burgers I could stomach and they have better onion rings than any other places around.

Whataburger - This place is my life  :lol: I loveeee their chicken and they have amazing ketchup. Their burgers are just too big for me though and while they taste pretty good I can't eat them without getting sick :/

Wendys - Queen of all fast food in my opinion. We are finally getting one in my town sometime in the next year or two for the first time. I always had it if I was traveling. LOVE the burgers and shakes.

Arbys - A roast beef sandwich every now and then is fine but they also upset my stomach easily. The curly fries are the best.

Subway - Great when I don't want a burger! Plus it's close to my house so it makes for an easy dinner. Good cookies too.

Papa Johns - Best Pizza, hands down. I wish I could just straight buy their garlic butter sauce because thats the only way any other pizza company food could taste as good to me.

Little Ceasers - Great cheesy bread! Not the best pizza since it's cheap but I still like it if I have it.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 07:35:14 AM »
I'd say it would be Hardee's, definitely.  Although the one that's close to work is not fast by any means.  Still, the burgers are better than any other fast food joint, the fries are good, and they have a deal where you get two entrees, fries, a drink, and dessert for $5. I used to go about every Friday, but I've been cutting back to save money.

Burger King has good burgers for the price, and the milkshakes are alright, too.  And  I think a number of them are open late, so that's always a plus.

I only ever eat McDonalds anymore when they have pony toys in the Happy Meals.

Papa Johns is definitely my favorite when it comes to pizza, and Domino's is pretty good, too.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 08:30:56 AM »
Probably McDonald's!  I am a huge fan of Chicken McNuggets with honey mustard sauce, and I love their fries and chocolate shakes.  I always go to McDonald's on the way home from horse shows as a treat because I'm tired and craving junk food at the end of a long day showing.

If I want a fast food type burger there's a Wendy's near me.  I don't like Wendy's fries so much, but I love their Frosties so it balances out.

I prefer Moe's to Chipotle, but I love burritos so either of them are fine by me!  I'm always up for a burrito haha.  Thankfully my best friend is the same way so we'll go together.  It's actually the only fast food that she'll eat.

Johnny Rockets is like the love of my fast food life lol.  I don't get it that often, but I LOVE it so much.  Maybe once or twice a year I can go?  There's one fairly close to me but I'm not at the mall that it's in all that often because there are several malls closer to me that I usually go to, so I only really end up there if I'm looking for something specific or my best friend and I are in the mood to go to a different mall.

Cheese Boy is also really great.  There's one in the food court of the mall near where my favorite anime con is so I'll eat there during the con.  Or if I miss my train since there's one in the train station that I commute home from work and school from.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »
Oooo! More food topics!!!!!! I dont eat much fast food anymore but when I was a kid I always wanted Burger King ONLY for the Pokemon toys! xD I never ate my BK Big Kids meals except for the fries and soft drink, im glad I had 2 younger siblings! I would just pull out my pokemon toy, eat my fries, and say I was full! xD Siblings would then fight over my uneatten chicken tenders LoLoLoL! I seriously ONLY wanted fast food from somewhere if they had cool toys. I got mad when my mom would try to get me to eat my entire kid meal before I got my toy x( She saw RIGHT through my master plans! LoL

Taco Bell- I get cheese quesadillas from taco bell every now and then I will go through a craving for them and the 'veggie' crunchwrap which has beans and rice instead of meat! Taco Bell is probably my favorite well-known fast food place because it has so many secret menu vegetarian items and its cheap! I live within walking distance of one so im always dempted!

FRIES- So im kind of a french fry addict. My body lives off potatoes but I have really been heavily cutting back! I miss the Wendy fries back in the 90s with a chocolate frosty mmmm Mmm but their fries do not look or taste the same! I recently went to an Arbys and requested their homestyle fries which happen to be my top favorite french fry but none of the employees knew what I was talking about!? 0_o I cant stand their curly fries as they give me bad heartburn. Arbys honestyle fries are (were) the BEST, does ANYONE remember them? ;-P They were cut from fresh potatoes, non greasy, and had potato skins on them! Burger King fries do not taste the same as I remember them!! What happened and why are they all thick like steak fries? LoL Mcdonalds has good fries as long as they arent over salted! I love when my happy meal mlp toys smell like french fries!

Fazolis- I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE Fazoli's cheese ravioli!!! Moving to Texas with husband I made a sacrifice of no more Fazolis as its a regional thing and we sadly dont have it here! x,S Fazolis has really good italian food and they have a drive thru and diner sit-in.

Braums- has amazing fast food ice cream and fries mmmmm when my husband and I first met he worked at a Braums and and always got me a doubledip banana split with pomegranate whenever I flew down to Texas to visit him! We still make it a tradition to get one after a date at the movies after 7 years!

Jasons-Im a huge fan of Jasons Deli. Its a dine-in place with organic food and a wide vegetarian diet, I always go for their Caprisi Panini and ultimate salad bar!!!!!! When I go out to eat its usually here!

Hmmm I wish there were more vegetarian fast food places out there so im not eating fries and salads all the time xPPeople down here freak out over WhataBurger and In-N-Out Burger but eh.... their fries are yuck! Im sure for people who eat meat their burgers are really good! To my fellows in the Texas and Oklahoma region does WhataBurger ketchup taste like barbaque sauce? Maybe mine was expired or bad but...xD I taste barbaque flavor in it!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:00:24 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
Oh, fun topic. (Not exactly pre-lunch friendly, but I'll still play! :lol: )

Favorite Burgers:

A&W: Their teen burger, which comes with bacon and cheese (in addition to other toppings) is awesome.

Wendys: I like their double burger. I'm not totally sure what type of mayonaise / mayo they use on that but it + cheese + pickles just goes together in a lovely way.

Five Guys -- Not sure if we're counting these guys as fast food or not, but they serve fast food stuff so I'm putting them here. Have to go to the city to get this, but it's worth it when I do.

Chicken:

McDonalds -- Their McNuggets and Chicken Bacon McWrap are both amazing. I love their McChicken (which is a full priced sandwich here in Canada) too, but I tend to wait to get that until I get a BOGO coupon in the mail.

KFC -- I adore their Big Crunch sandwich. A shame their fries suck.

Wendys -- I like the Asiago Chicken Ranch, but for some reason they want to put spicy chicken on it even when I tell them not to. Because of this I quite ordering it unless i'm in the restaurant, which is not very often.

Fries:

McDonalds -- I dunno what it is about McDonalds fries, but as long as they're hot no one can really compete. They're not necessarily 'better', but you -know- a McDonalds french fry when you eat one.

Wendys -- They use sea salt. Their fries tend to be nice and crisp. Nothing more needs to be said.

Five Guys -- They serve totally epic fries and they give you a ton of them. My bf and I tend to go here for lunch when he visits and we've finally figured out that if we each get a "little burger" and then 1 large fry between us both, *that" is what we can actually eat.

Pizza:

Dominos! -- Whether I'm ordering their Chicken Bacon Alfredo pizza or getting Tomato Bacon Chicken and Parmesean Bites, Dominos is without question my favorite place to get pizza. I especially adore their pan pizza, I love the flavor and texture of that crust when bitten into.

Pizza Hut -- I will, on rare occasion, order a stuffed crust meat lover's pizza. It's expensive at $28 CDN, but it was one of the pizzas of my childhood, so if I'm about to watch a bunch of retro stuff, sometimes I'll splurge. Also: their cinnaparts are epic.

Little caesar's -- It's not their pizza I'm after; it's their crazy bread! I use to have that every Monday night after getting back to my dorm (I went home on weekends) and the smell alone can totally take me back.

Other:

Taco Bell -- Three Words: CHeesy Gordita Crunch. I can only get this when I go into the city, so when I know I'm going that way I tend to make an effort to make that happen. This is definitely one of my favorite fast food things.

Subway -- Their Chicken Bacon Melt is lovely. I also really like their assorted sub. Plus, they serve the most amazing White Chocolate Macadania Nut cookies EVER; sometimes I decide on Subway because I want those. It also doesn't hurt that the one I go to is in a convenience store where I can get a lovely Chocolate Caramel Cuppachino to go with it. That stuff's epic--it actually has the aftertaste of a piece of salted caramel. It probably sounds weird as a drink, but I love it!

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal