collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Terrible Funko Eyes: Applewhack. How to fix? W/Scary Photos  (Read 2143 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Funko Eyes: Applewhack. How to fix? W/Scary Photos
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 01:37:30 AM »
Gah! I'm so sorry you got such a disappointment. I love the Applewhack crack, though. LOL. So appropriate!

I've wanted some of the Funkos sometimes, but have hesitated. So is Applejack the only one affected by this, or is it ALL the big Funko Pony figures?

It's hit and miss - My big Lyra has funky eyes (that are brown rather than yellow/gold...they fixed it for her Mini), and my Daring Do has things like mould issues,leftover plastic, etc. If you can buy them in person, I really recommend you do.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 02:02:15 AM »
Yeah, that would definitely be my preference. Is it really easy to spot the flaws even in person, though, when they're in those boxes? Seems like you'd only really be able to see the one side.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 02:59:49 AM »
Yeah, that would definitely be my preference. Is it really easy to spot the flaws even in person, though, when they're in those boxes? Seems like you'd only really be able to see the one side.

Yeah, the NDS does tend to be the worse side, but you can at least make sure you have one with a semi-decent display side - or settle. When I bought Lyra I was on holiday in Canada (there are hardly any shops that sell these in the UK and the nearest one is two hours away from me) and I ended up having to settle for the best looking of the bunch because none of them were perfect :( Lyra is apparently one of the worse ones, though. My Twilight Sparkle, aside a few mould issues, is nearly flawless.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
My guess is they're probably more lax because these figures are marketed as collectibles - they probably expect most collectors will keep them boxed so as to preserve their overall value. For the cost and the brand recognition, though, I'd certainly expect better quality control.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
I wonder if these issues are relative to the My Little Pony Funkos or to Funko Pop! figures in general? I own a Yyrion Lannister figure and he looks quite nice. I've heard the occasional complaint about a figure, but nothing this consistently wide-spread.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 01:30:03 PM »
I follow a few POP! groups on FB and Funko's quality is hit and miss on other series too (the Minis are pretty flawless though, oddly). The bad paintjobs aren't the worst of it - my Daring Do has several sharp pieces of excess plastic that have not been sanded properly (I'd argue if at all) from where the figure was removed from the mould. It's a huge pity, because their sculpts for the ponies are really good, and the POP! line is very cute. I'd mind less if these were half the price and the quality was consistently "meh", but it seems that a good portion are relatively good (for a mass-produced item), yet another good portion are riddled with issues  :huh: Issues that other companies would consider defects serious enough to warrant replacements....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal