collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So why do /you/ collect ponies?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
Re: So why do /you/ collect ponies?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 12:02:53 AM »
My mum has bought a G1 pony for me when I was born, but when I had the age of playing with the pony the G2 line had started and I completely loved all of them. So I had quite a few of them in the past and a few years ago I decided that I want to have them all (G2) and then I started collecting and I am happy with every ponymail ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 08:50:22 AM »
Because they are cute and they make me happy.  Also when you meet pony people and can buy/sell/trade/make friends, it's an awesome feeling!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 10:15:51 AM »
I guess I collect them because I tie memories of my mom, grandmothers, and what not growing up with them. They always remind me of good times now and to come. For me they aren't all minty but I love their flaws, makes them more endearing. :good:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »
To put it very simply, I think they're just something I came to want because I've been going through some very rough times. They instill some sense of happiness I can't find anywhere else, and I need all of the happiness I can find.

|My Collection|

DorkyDuck

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 10:36:14 AM »
I started collecting g4's first because i loved the show and definitely wanted to start collecting the merch.  My niece actually gave me the first few things in my collection because they were extras and didnt want them.  But then i started thinking about older gen ponies and I fell in love with the bright colors and the soft features of g3 ponies.  And now im collecting all gen ponies!  They just make me so happy, they all have the cutest faces and i love pinks and light blues and they bring a smile to my face when i look at them. 

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
My sister and I each got Cherries Jubilee when I was about 6 or 7, and I got several other ponies while I was a kid which I always loved. I didn't really think much about them for awhile, but when G3 came out it kind of reignited my interest, since I was now an adult and they reminded me of the G1s. I loved all the new designs coming out so I collected a lot of them. Now I have a few G4s and I enjoy the FiM cartoon, although I'm not as active a collector as I was since I tend to collect specific designs I like rather than all variants of a pony or what have you.

Since I joined the Arena I'm always impressed with customisers, too. If I had more money I would buy and commission soooo many customs!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »
Well, I was curious about the brony craze ("why do grown men suddenly take interest into this girly toyline?") and made some research, discovered customs, wanted to make one and ended up prefering the earlier generations. And realized that there's no age for appreciating toys or other childlish stuff.

Offline Dorothy Rose

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2015, 09:18:31 AM »
I started customizing first (swore I'd never collect- ha!) then started collecting g4, then g1s (got my first pony in 1981 when I was 4 :) ). They make me smile too. What I love is when people come over and see them and at first they say "wow, that's a lot of ponies" then they smile :D

I love that, too!  Whenever I introduce people to my house, I always wait with anticipation for the moment when they find my collection.

To put it very simply, I think they're just something I came to want because I've been going through some very rough times. They instill some sense of happiness I can't find anywhere else, and I need all of the happiness I can find.

I feel this way about the current show, especially.  Whenever I'm down, I can count on FiM to restore my faith in ponies.  I've even carried a pony in my pocket or luggage when I'm going somewhere stressful.  Just knowing that one little piece of my collection is with me gives me something happy to think about.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:21:45 AM by Dorothy Rose »

Dorothy Rose
Want List

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
I collect '80s toys in general, and most of my collections started with the toys from my childhood -- My Little Pony, Care Bears, She-Ra, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite.. Alot of them got lost / ruined through the years, but thankfully, most of my MLPs and She-Ra dolls have been hanging out with me since the beginning. :) :happy:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2015, 11:40:53 AM »
I just found one (a g1) as a pre-teen and I instantly sought to get more. And that desire never ended. My dad let me buy as many as I wanted from Ebay so the collection just happened.

I think they're pretty and it makes me happy so I do it.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
I started out just watching FiM and didn't really think I'd become a collector. Then I started posting here...  :P Saw all the pretty vintage ponies and they grew on me a lot. Then I joined a swap and it was allllll downhill from there. Ponies make me smile, and the community is the best one online I've ever been a part of. I always feel better when I come back to this site :3
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2015, 12:35:06 PM »
Initially I played with G3's as a kid, nearly sold the lot. I kept them once I started watching FiM, and stuck them on a shelf with my tiny G4 herd. I branched out, learning about the other gens, and decided to collect them all. I'm still at an age where playing with toys is 'acceptable', I guess? So there's the innocence. It's also an escape-I can sit down and play with my ponies and it's like I'm 7 again without a care in the world. The community is awesome and the ponies are so darn cute, so there's no reason to leave for me. Either way, I love it!

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline TogoMimori

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Agender pony pride~~~
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
Wow!!  :shocked: I never expected my thread to blow up like this and get over 40 responses. It warms my heart reading all of y'alls stories. :blush: :blush: ( and yes I read all of them!)

Thanks y'all!!

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2015, 01:08:04 PM »
Wow!!  :shocked: I never expected my thread to blow up like this and get over 40 responses. It warms my heart reading all of y'alls stories. :blush: :blush: ( and yes I read all of them!)

Thanks y'all!!

Oh hey, my pixel ponies. :D

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline TogoMimori

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Agender pony pride~~~
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »

Thanks y'all!!

Oh hey, my pixel ponies. :D

Oh really? I found them off of google. Theyre really cute!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal